Will These Be Fine For Adaptors For My Front Vee Brake?

cai

mate just told me about these,

0000005925.jpg

its a v-brake adaptor but only goes into one of the threads instead of the two.

will it be fine ? or will it flex like a bitch, will i have problems setting it up it?

ive got an onza set for the rear just wondering what your thoughts are on them and if people have tried and tested them and want to give me a review.

Edited by cai

The link doesn't work properly. Do you mean the Mission ones? If so, I'd be worried that they were in the wrong place. V-brake bosses have to be lower than mag mounts - if you look at the heatsink v-daptors you can see this. I reckon with these Mission ones, the mount would be too high to use a V-brake - the pads would hit the tyre not the rim. Of course this depends slightly on what frame you're using.

The link doesn't work properly. Do you mean the Mission ones? If so, I'd be worried that they were in the wrong place. V-brake bosses have to be lower than mag mounts - if you look at the heatsink v-daptors you can see this. I reckon with these Mission ones, the mount would be too high to use a V-brake - the pads would hit the tyre not the rim. Of course this depends slightly on what frame you're using.

I personally avoided these for that reason. dont know whether thats the way they would work,but i dont like the look of them either. To be honest your better off getting hold of of some heatsink ones . Got hold of some a few weeks back and gotta say they are worth the money. Very rigid and lots of width adjustments,(if that makes sence)

if your tinking of the mission ones then stop whilst your ahead, they may be cheap but thats for a reason.

the bolt strips the threads in your frame and your best option is to araldite it back in because a helicoil isnt strong enough either. youve obviously got 4 bolt mounts so just stick with a magura. thats what the mounts are designed for

The open ended slot for the top bolt of NEON ones does not exactly get me inspired to think about the torsional rigidity.

I agree.

I also can't see how it attaches to the mount at the bottom.

If the v-brake boss mount screws into the mount, wouldn't it have the problem of not being aligned right?

I agree.

I also can't see how it attaches to the mount at the bottom.

If the v-brake boss mount screws into the mount, wouldn't it have the problem of not being aligned right?

Those holes above the V boss are there for a reason.... done done Duhhhhhhh BOLT HOLES. :P

If it's for the front, probably best you just get some new second hand forks. You won't need to spend anymore than £50 (which could actually get you some new ones perhaps). And as Vee adapaters cost enough anyway i'd just buy new forks.

V-brake bosses have to be lower than mag mounts - if you look at theheatsink v-daptors you can see this. I reckon with these Mission ones, the mount would be too high to use a V-brake - the pads would hit the tyre not the rim.

I completely disagre! the Heatsink and Onza ones have the bosses far too low,

which results in running the pads up higher in the vee itself - and loosing power,

and on mods (big back tyre), the noodle and cable sometimes scraps on the tyre (especially which the avid range, as they have shorter arms than most) - which is hardly good, wheres out the tyre, and can't be healthy to the vee either.