Bleed Kit Recomendations-magura-

Dave Anscombe

Well yeah ive gone down hill with keeping all my tools in one spot and maintaining my bike is a little slow thees days ......

got back on track with everything bla bla bla.......just cant find my bleed kit......

is the magura service kit sold at tartybikes worth 20 quid?

heatsink bleed kit? doubt il get one of them as steve is offski for aggges

anyother bleed kits around?

thanking you all for help

Dave x

Hi Dave,

I'm very much here :) I was off for a week last month and somehow in my Auto-reply message I put down the wrong return month. :$

Anyone who emailed me would have thought I was off for 2 months! Bleed kits are in stock for quick send out and all pads etc are being sent out same day again :)

Steve

Agreed on all counts. You both need looking at if you think that sort of thing's funny.

I reckon Steve's bleed kits are probably better than the official ones - the syringe has a rubber bit so less air gets in. But to be honest they're much of a muchness - I wouldn't worry about which one. In fact if you can get hold of a syringe and a bit of plastic tube, jam that onto one of the magura barb things that's the right thread size, you've got a bleed kit. If not, just get the heatsink one.

I use two old crossovers (one for the slave with one fitting chopped off and one for the lever) and a big ol' syringe I got from a vets years ago. Total cost, about 50p!!

Edit: Good man Quigley!

all the best riders use random cheap tools. Farm/Vet supplies win hands down.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for explaining via PM about the problem with your Syringe. I'm sorry for this problem. It's the first problem I've heard of with a HSB bleed syringe. I can now check all syringes for this before they go out and eliminate any faulty ones in future. Ready to send the replacement as soon as you can confirm your address.

Cheers!

Steve

I'd avoid the Heatsink ones, mine broke within the first day of using it.. I just use the attachments from the Heatsink one on a syringe i got from my local vet now.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for explaining via PM about the problem with your Syringe. I'm sorry for this problem. It's the first problem I've heard of with a HSB bleed syringe. I can now check all syringes for this before they go out and eliminate any faulty ones in future. Ready to send the replacement as soon as you can confirm your address.

Cheers!

Steve

Actually, by the sound of it, mine just of been a one off bad one. He sorted me out really well, so I'd advise you to go with Heatsink..

HI,

well if you have any old crossovers dont worry buying one, Just buy a cheap syringe from tesco or any other shop or if you are still in school steel one from science that i what i done so my bleedkit cost me nothing. I have heard the Heatsink one is really good for the money only £8.50 from trials-uk

Craig :)