Tyre Help , Choices :(

liam-pantera

hey guys , right well today my tyre started plebing realy bad , my setup is a maxxis 2.5 minion on a echo 07 rim and i cant stop it so ive decided to buy a new tyre .

what are your recomendations for running on a echo rim in a echo pure which is quite tight .

what are big bettys like ?

maxxis highroler 2.5 ?

or 2.4 hansventure ?

any help would be great

plebing is my local term for the tyre coming out of the rim .

Ohhhh, I had that with a 3" tyre on the front

Just get a slimmer tyre, and pump it up a little bit more.

Also don't get a folding tyre.

If the 2.5 popped off, either pump it up a little bit or swap for a 2.3, which will also save weight. (Y)

f**k Hansventure tyres. For the record.

haha

Danny Kearns offered to buy one from me, but when I actually had it avaliable to sell, he wouldn't respond.

Meh, it's going on my 26" A-lab GI wheel I've got for sale.

Coincidentally, if anyone wants it, its going on ebay tomorrow.

Unfortunately, its got that TF virus that whenever something becomes discontinued, it turns amazing. Whenever they are available, everyone thinks there shit.

For example:

Hansventure tyres - Everyone said they were shit and everyone stuck with high rollers.

Echo Super trial tyres - Everyone said they wouldn't grip and pinched too easy

Old Monty tyres - Everyone said they didn't grip

Zoo Python 2004 - No-one went that crazy over them, now they are discontinued everyone says they were the best frame ever

Zoo 04 bars - See above

Last years Echo rims, every year - Every year Echo brings out new rims, people say they are shit, and the previous years rims were amazing, then the next year, the same thing happens

Zoo pads - Everyone said they were waaay too soft and wore out in a week, now they are selling for stupid prices on Ebay

The list goes on, I've forgotten loads. As soon as something gets discontinued, everyone spuff's over it, despite calling it shit when it was available. The best thing any company can do to increase sales is to discontinue something.

Zoo pads - Everyone said they were waaay too soft and wore out in a week, now they are selling for stupid prices on Ebay

The rest was spot-on, but at the time people kept going on about Zoo pads being amazing, with the crucial phrase being "With tar", prompting a good-comedy quote from Ad Read...

yeah, the last echo rims, well good, 06 echos yum yum.

i do see what your getting at, but i generally thought hansventure tyres were good from when they first came out? meh.

Matx

Were the '06 ones the ones that had a really flat profile, and flatspotted to f**k ridiculously easily, or were the '06 ones the black ones with the CNC'd square flat bits that couldn't hold a grind for shit and dented really easily? :P

Were the '06 ones the ones that had a really flat profile, and flatspotted to f**k ridiculously easily, or were the '06 ones the black ones with the CNC'd square flat bits that couldn't hold a grind for shit and dented really easily? :P

the 2005 ones were the cnc'ed one and yes they were made out off cheese, 06 were the wide flat profile ones, and flat spotted like f**k lol

if you go for the digga ust, theyre 340 grams lighter than a 2.35 highroller dp. plus theyve got decent sidewalls and nice tacky compound. not cheap though, but a good tyre. if you're not worried about weight too much a kenda nevegal 2.5 is a little lighter than a maxxis high roller dp st 2.3, but has much stiffer sidewalls and is super sticky compound. im running one on the rear at the moment and i love it, much nicer than the highroller i used to run.