The 4x4 Thread

Chandler

Welcome to the 4x4 thread!

Lets hear about your 4x4 or perhaps mummys and daddys?

or ur favourite 4x4? You get the idea....

Ill start...

I used to have a Vauxhall Frontera 4WD Sport 3dr

Now I have a Honda HR-V 4WD Vtec 3dr

B)

Edited by Chandler

We've got a disco ;) Had 3 of them now,the orginal TDi 3 series, then a Newer one, N plate, now got a TD5 on a Y :)

Grandad had all the orignal landrovers aswell, he had the first 4 models :) Then got a defender he liked.

Landies are awsome...

have u seen the LRX concept?

Edited by Chandler

I've got a Masters in engineering, but what ur doing is proper engineering lol!

Good luck dude, I hope the government dont screw you over with tax/petrol prices by the time ur old enough to drive it!

Maybe u can get a pre 1976 body on it and it will be tax free ;)

it wont be a road legal car im hopping to do 4x4 trials with it ive driven my dads round a quarry so as soon as its done. its quarry time.

I've noticed topics on cars, minis, VWs, so just though Id see if any of you guys drive (or want) 4x4s?

I used to drive a Frontera, but totalled it on the M1 :(

Want to get a Honda HRV now........ :rolleyes:

I suspect not many of you have them because of running costs but would be good to hear about ur favourite 4x4 etc

LMAO the big boys..

a hrv is not a big boy, its as much a hairdressers car as a mazda mx5

Wow.

http://www.4x4shop.net/Pictures/LandRover/gunter.JPG

Edited by Davetrials

a hrv is not a big boy, its as much a hairdressers car as a mazda mx5

Wow.

http://www.4x4shop.net/Pictures/LandRover/gunter.JPG

Naa mate I disagree.

Its a genuine compact SUV as opposed to a big boy I guess. I just think it looks the nuts and Im glad its rare enough not to be coined with ur uninformed opinion. I wouldnt go for anything smaller, but anything bigger would be too cumbersome for me at the moment.

Land Rovers like that are all well and good, but only if I were to be going offroad!

As 99% of people Ill be on road only so something with better road manners for me!

Edited by Chandler

Naa mate I disagree. I reckon its looks are way ahead of its time, comparable to the LRX almost a decade newer.

Its a genuine compact SUV as opposed to a big boy I guess. I just think it looks the nuts and Im glad its rare enough not to be coined with ur uninformed opinion. I wouldnt go for the likes of Rav4 and Suzuki Vitaras, as they do have the hairdresser image u mention.

Land Rovers like that are all well and good, but only if I were to be going offroad! (Wish I knew someone with a quarry lol)

As 99% of people Ill be on road only so something with better road manners for me!

not a slur, but why do have a 4 x4 if your not going off road, the weather in this country aint nearly bad enough to need one for navigating hilly mountain passes?.

Yea there used to be a guy with a bowler wildcat round near me, awsome machines.

My dads got a disco 1, mk.1 a mint defender 90 annndddd a series 2a which he didnt tell my mum about for over a year, and stored it over at a mates house lol.

not a slur, but why do have a 4 x4 if your not going off road, the weather in this country aint nearly bad enough to need one for navigating hilly mountain passes?.

it is during winter at least up here it is. i'm guessing it's the same in wales and in the hilly areas of england. one day this winter my dad and i couldn't get over a well known local road in a fully kitted out sse land rover with snow chains, winch, land anchor.

at the moment the price of diesel makes it impractical for me to have a 4x4 but when winter comes i'll probs end up with an sj or one of those Dihatsu things.

I wish i was going off road but bascially theres hardly anywhere in this country where ur allowed to.

Im not gonna make out I need a 4x4 just because of the occasional muddy track or bumpy campsite lol

Ill be honest, I just prefer how they look, the seating position and ride height that they give you, cabin space, plus the knowledge and capability of not being totally restricted to public highways! :)

Edited by Chandler

Something else I thought of.......

Ok so a 4x4 may produce 200g CO2

and an eco car 100g CO2

Thats twice as much CO2. But tax is £30 and £300.....Ten times as much. How is that fair????

And another thing, apparently animals produced for meat accounts for 20% of CO2

so why isnt meat taxed? Im not saying it should be taxed heavily, Im just saying that 4x4s shouldnt.

What a shit country we live in.

G4vyn...Edit:20% of greenhouse gases

Edited by Chandler

Maybe u can get a pre 1976 body on it and it will be tax free ;)

For somebody with a master in engineering thats a really retarded thing to say, tax exempt is pre 1973. :pirate:

Heres our old racer, our delivery driver at work built it for us, we did a fair amount of amature comp safari stuff in it. Sold it a while back to a pro in ireland. only got £3400 for it on ebay :o !

She was bobtailed, internal and external roll cage, fox shockers and springs all round, Ford 309 up front with a f**k off 4 barrel holley, full stainless exhaust, comp pistons, flowed heads with larger (wider) valves that didn't open very far, made it a BEAST. Internal and External roll cages, ally internal tank etc etc etc it was built to comp spec and was scrutaniered (bad spelling !) loads of times (Y) We did alot of racing with Keith Gott's as there 2 miles away from me :D

Oh yeah, and she was FULLY ROAD LEGAL !

29ncsd0.jpg

198481.jpg

n2yj9j.jpg

33bpd6w.jpg

15hfpfq.jpg

64knpj.jpg

Edited by Pashley26

Erm, yes you can the age is 17? Does your dad live in america?

nope but he inported it and this is the pic he sent me whilst he was out there (Y) and though the law changed now and the the legal age is 18 :huh: anyway the whole it is going to be mine when i am legal to drive it thing obviously isn't true it was more the fact that i would love that as a first car :D if you don't beleive me then that is your choise