The 4x4 Thread

Chandler

nope but he inported it and this is the pic he sent me whilst he was out there (Y) and though the law changed now and the the legal age is 18 :huh: anyway the whole it is going to be mine when i am legal to drive it thing obviously isn't true it was more the fact that i would love that as a first car :D if you don't beleive me then that is your choise

have you got any pics of it in the uk and interior and stuff?

and though the law changed now and the the legal age is 18

Please prove to me that the legal age is now 18 in the UK, seeing although I've got my first driving lesson next Wednesday a day after my 17th birthday.

Right ok, that picture was blatantly in USA, I just assumed.

have you got any pics of it in the uk and interior and stuff?

sorry i don't have access to a camera (N)

Please prove to me that the legal age is now 18 in the UK, seeing although I've got my first driving lesson next Wednesday a day after my 17th birthday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50...ad-carnage.html

You'd best tell your dad to change the tyres before he brings it back.

Scrap that, make it axels, wheels and tyres.

For extremely obvious reasons. Overhang being one of them :blues:

he has had it back in the uk for ages now no problems and it is only a show truck/weekend driven

Thats utter bolocks about the driving age being 18 now. I took my theory test the other day, my practical is booked in a few weeks, and I'm not 18 til February.

Any my controbution to this thread is - My uncle has a volvo xc90 which is very nice indeed. He bought it 3 days ago new :)

To be fair I'm not bothered about the government taxing 4x4s the only thing that annoys me is that it still hits the guys that need them to go off-road just as hard. but as for the whole twice the emissions 10 times the cost thing, its all about the fact its pointless, in the same way im sure burning a pile of tyres creates a pretty insignificant amount of pollution compared to a power plant, but you kinda need a power plant, you really don't need a burning pile of tyres. People need cars, they don't all need 4 wheel drives. If you get what i mean. As for cabin space, whats wrong with an estate?

Edit: not having a go at 4x4's in general by the way, love the ones that actually get used, its just i don't like it when they don't see any off road action, its just a pointless image thing.

Edited by RobinJI

sorry i don't have access to a camera (N)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50...ad-carnage.html

he has had it back in the uk for ages now no problems and it is only a show truck/weekend driven

Oh ok, i'll put my show plates and hook up my flame throwers for the weekend then.

Edited by Pashley26

For somebody with a master in engineering thats a really retarded thing to say :pirate:

Did I say that my engineering degree was anything to do with automotive engineering? NO

You are a retard mate.

not mine still got 4 years to go yet :( but i thought i would put up a pic of my dads truck for yal :) it is a beast

ford superduty

WOOOAA that is a beast. I like the Ford Excursion too....

Do steps fold out so u can in?!

Did I say that my engineering degree was anything to do with automotive engineering? NO

You are a retard mate.

I am actually registered disabled for being colour blind in one eye, how very observent of you.

For future reference free road tax is for vehicles registered pre 1973.

Edited by Pashley26

To be fair I'm not bothered about the government taxing 4x4s the only thing that annoys me is that it still hits the guys that need them to go off-road just as hard. but as for the whole twice the emissions 10 times the cost thing, its all about the fact its pointless, in the same way im sure burning a pile of tyres creates a pretty insignificant amount of pollution compared to a power plant, but you kinda need a power plant, you really don't need a burning pile of tyres. People need cars, they don't all need 4 wheel drives. If you get what i mean. As for cabin space, whats wrong with an estate?

Edit: not having a go at 4x4's in general by the way, love the ones that actually get used, its just i don't like it when they don't see any off road action, its just a pointless image thing.

For people "who really need them"... whats wrong with a Tractor???

....Thats my analogy as u asked me whats wrong with an estate (- all the other reasons I put!)

And as for a pointless image thing? Its not really pointless. What do u think sports cars are for? Image!

You are a retard mate .

WOOOAA that is a beast. I like the Ford Excursion too....

Do steps fold out so u can in?!

that must be the case if he is abusing people for no reason (N)

thanks man and nah it is a right bitch to climb in but my dad only drives it to shows and sometimes at weekends so it don't really bother me much :)

I am actually registered disabled for being colour blind in one eye, how very observent of you.

For future reference free road tax is for vehicles registered pre 1972.

Well ur not particularly observant mate considering Im not retarded (which is what u decided to put first)

As for the exact year, well done for being so pedantic.

Well ur not particularly observant mate considering Im not retarded (which is what u decided to put first)

As for the exact year, well done for being so pedantic.

Haha, Sorry for calling you a retard ! Your obviously not stupid, that was a pretty dumb thing for me to say !

It took 5 minuites of Cops On Camera for me to realise that !

:zorro:

uncles got a dodge ram, dads got a BMW X5 and range rover sport beat that f**ktards

well my mums got a 1.3 cdti ecoflex corsa, and a nice warm feeling inside, everytime she drives past a tree, knowing shes not killing it. surely saving the world is better than the buzz you can get from owning material goods.

uncles got a dodge ram, dads got a BMW X5 and range rover sport beat that f**ktards

You may own 3 mediocre cars, but the money spent on them can in no way replace the amount of money it would cost to stop your personality being equivalent that of Jim Davidson's foot. Have fun in your families various cars though, maybe if you drive fast enough your fail will simply exit your mind and body!

EDIT: You also look like this.

photo-9010.jpg

Edited by TheCircus

You may own 3 mediocre cars, but the money spent on them can in no way replace the amount of money it would cost to stop your personality being equivalent that of Jim Davidson's foot. Have fun in your families various cars though, maybe if you drive fast enough your fail will simply exit your mind and body!......

LOL nice one

Sounds like he's had a warning about his bullshit behaviour last night

You may own 3 mediocre cars, but the money spent on them can in no way replace the amount of money it would cost to stop your personality being equivalent that of Jim Davidson's foot. Have fun in your families various cars though, maybe if you drive fast enough your fail will simply exit your mind and body!

EDIT: You also look like this.

photo-9010.jpg

what do you mean i look like this? im confused... if you're regarding me as a chav well FYI im not. that was taken on a snowboarding holiday.

by the way, i live in a ickle village, crime level is way below 0%- last time i saw a police car drive by my house.... can't remember.

theres a few nice looking ones coming from east asia now though. honda crv springs to mind

The new CRV is ugly as hell though. Im liking the look of some concepts - LRX, Seat Tribu, Kia KND-4, Antara GTC

The problem is the concepts look awsome, but when they actually get released they just look like slightly revised copies of current models.

post-16919-1214852538_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chandler