The 4x4 Thread

Chandler

The new structure, to be unveiled by ministers in a consultation document published in the New Year

Usual Daily Mail shite then, its not even a proposal, just a report. The people who really need f**king off the roads are daily mail readers who passed their driving tests when the biggest danger on the road was a horse and cart.

Oh, and this isn't mine, altho I wouldnt mind one when I've scraped some cash together.

scammell_recovery.jpg

A friend takes his one to off-road days with a little suzuki on a jeep dolly for his sons to play with. Sod four wheel drive, you need six wheel drive sometimes.

Why are big jeeps / 4x4's starting to develop into sports cars?

If you want a sports car, buy a Porsche. If you want a 4x4 buy a boxy, industrial monster.

That Cayenne thing for example, it's basically a sports car on stilts and bigger wheels - looks shite and doesn't do anything remarkably well. ie wouldn't be any good at racing or going through a marsh.

If you want a sports car, buy a Porsche. If you want a 4x4 buy a boxy, industrial monster.

That Cayenne thing for example, it's basically a sports car on stilts and bigger wheels - looks shite and doesn't do anything remarkably well. ie wouldn't be any good at racing or going through a marsh.

No way dude, thats like saying why have strawberry cheesecake? eat strawberrys or eat cheese cake lol

U get the advantages of both. If u get my drift

People like different things, its as simple as that

I agree the Cayenne is a bit ugly, but when they get it right, BMW X6 for example, the result is astonishing

Edited by Chandler

uncles got a dodge ram, dads got a BMW X5 and range rover sport beat that f**ktards

well my mums got a 1.3 cdti ecoflex corsa, and a nice warm feeling inside, everytime she drives past a tree, knowing shes not killing it. surely saving the world is better than the buzz you can get from owning material goods.

First of all, X5 and range sport? any point? cant really go off road lets be honast.

second, we may be killing trees but we have great fun and due to us, we have global warming, which makes the sun shine :)

i drive a landrover 90 by the way. a real truck. no jap crap ie vitaras and sj's ect.

Josh

i am with your opinion on this one why make a 4x4 if the people that buy them are afraid to even take them on anything more than a smooth road

i am with your opinion on this one why make a 4x4 if the people that buy them are afraid to even take them on anything more than a smooth road

loads of reasons mate... ride height, towing ability, cabin space, better traction in slippery conditions etc

People prob dont off road them cos ur not allowed to in 99% of the country. Its nice to have just incase though!

:rtt:lol

First of all, X5 and range sport? any point? cant really go off road lets be honast.

second, we may be killing trees but we have great fun and due to us, we have global warming, which makes the sun shine :)

i drive a landrover 90 by the way. a real truck. no jap crap ie vitaras and sj's ect.

Josh

Yeah agreed about the range rover sport, Id rather a standard Range Rover.

landrover 90 might be a real truck but when ur broken down and "jap crap" is whistling by ur gonna be :angry:

and global warming is probably exaggerated bullshit anwyay. Ive read that the global climate varies anwyay and global warming has a negligible effect toward it. If not then, 4x4s + alternative power = the way forward! :thumbsup:

Yeah agreed about the range rover sport, Id rather a standard Range Rover.

landrover 90 might be a real truck but when ur broken down and "jap crap" is whistling by ur gonna be :angry:

and global warming is probably exaggerated bullshit anwyay. Ive read that the global climate varies anwyay and global warming has a negligible effect toward it. If not then, 4x4s + alternative power = the way forward! :thumbsup:

you mean carbon output?

rented some massive 4x4 in tenerife. had 7seats and was rather awesome to be in. something like a landcruiser? it was nissan or mitsibushi or something like that, and packed with gizmos

Oh, and this isn't mine, altho I wouldnt mind one when I've scraped some cash together.

A friend takes his one to off-road days with a little suzuki on a jeep dolly for his sons to play with. Sod four wheel drive, you need six wheel drive sometimes.

Check out these bad boys:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_36556-Renault-VAB.html

Cool website too if you like films and cars

i drive a landrover 90 round and round town by the way. a real truck. no jap crap ie vitaras and sj's ect.

Josh

only fukin with you, if you wanna go offroad get a bike fools much more exciting than pottering round a couple of smalll hills

Josh

What's wrong with sj's?

I heard that diesel is better for going through water... anyone know why?

lack of a spark is the main reason :) glow plugs keep glowing by the heat of the combustion if i remember rightly, so it's ok that the electrics get wet. that's my understanding anyway... Still, in the series 3 lightweight (petrol) that I used to muck about in you just get stuck, winch yourself out, spray wd40 on the dizzy and away she goes again :)