Zebdi Koxx Slicks

Grant Peters

Yes i am alive lol... high to everyone i havent seen in a while.... we'll have to ride sometime soon!!

Tom the sidewalls are very thin lol... for park im running about 55 psi and havent done many trials moves on them yet ( i think a lot of spare tubes are the order of the day with these for gaps to hard sharp edges!). However i've lost about 600g of the rear going from comp 24 to this; so it feels very different. Its also a lot faster just rolling as the resistance is a lot less so that helps as pedaling up and down stuff is now easier!! thank god.

Spinning tricks like 540 tap are a piece of piss due to there being nothing to grip or slow the rotation down as you spin, which is handy. As i said before side grip is crazy and you can really lean the bike at stupid angles and it doesnt wash out!! (maybe knee down on a zebdi?? lol) this greatly helps when carving on transitions as you get no slip form your tire at all. They are also good because everyone goes what the f**k sort of tires are they lol My mum thought i was riding on innertubes bless her. :)

Plazmatics on 521 cd + goodridge hose is a great combination for braking; just clean with water and kitchen towel every now and again.... Front is a 1996 XT!!! on avid 5 lever linear cable and lizard gooey pads lol...

Old school!

The setup is really a Holroyd replica from the Trials King days... Its the same frame fork stem and bars that he used to run before he changed back to a 90mm stem.

The shifter was an XT with the mount bolt that is done up from the top when on the bars... This means when you cut off the bar mount the shifter still has the thread in it...

Just drill a hole somewhere (in this case through a booster) use washers and then do up the bolt; fitted.

just weighed it and its 24.8lbs!! surprised :)

I forgot to thank Tartybikes... As usual the tires came in when they said and they arrived next day as they said. Good service.

ok tried all my usual trials moves last night on them and they worked really well... (still running 55 psi though lol) Gaps to rail and drops gaps etc seemed fine.

Where before i was relying on the comp 24 to get me through a lot of the time; now due to the reduced weight i am making things a bit easier and am therefore less likely to pinch.

The sidewalls are however, really thin and they are not a full time go all out trials tire, but if like me you want an amazing park tire for the odd trials move they are great. Just have spare tubes with you!

Oh and if you thought that you have found good tires for a smooth concrete park try these as i could feel myself accelerate without doing anything lol they are properly fast!!!!!

• 1 month later...

"New" MK 4 Frame (Thanks Paul Bedfordtrials); Back to ti glide due to wrecked Chris king and new trialtech 16t single gear, soon to be joined by a 12t for park (offsets are a bitch) and pivotal seat and post... New Plazmatic crms and new mag lever blade and new bushes in front lever and long goodridge black hose in rear... Now feels like new. Currently 25.4 lbs

post-13-1221064683_thumb.jpg

That really does look good and the slicks seem to work great in the dry, bitch in the rain? i wouldn't want to try using them myself.

In the wet you get slides that Nicky Haden would be proud of... but my rear brake and I don't work in the rain anyway so it's all good...

• 8 months later...

Blue bike Pics are from a recent trip to Suffolk and i think are Ipswich or Norwich park can't remember which lol... Good times!! Red bike pics are about a year and a half ago.

Blue Zebdi set up is 420mm Planet x Forks, 721's mono front ti glide rear, middleburns 22 12 gearing, Koxx slick rear, Larsen tt Front, Pivotal Ali whitton seat and Inspired seatpost, Planet x 50mm stem and X lite Steve Peat high rise 31.8 bars, No brakes, Trial tech mag pedals, Animal Edwin grips.

post-13-1242081509_thumb.jpg

post-13-1242081545_thumb.jpg

post-13-1242081564_thumb.jpg

post-13-1242081586_thumb.jpg

post-13-1242081603_thumb.jpg

post-13-1242081616_thumb.jpg

post-13-1242081671_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...