Ymsa Last Round Cancelled !

the organiser

Ok guys this is it 19 riders listed here..........

I only have 2 entry forms sent in 5 inclueing my own sons and Rob, not saying that you have not sent them just saying whats here and only 1 person sent a payment.

as i have to tell the land owner in advance i am calling him this morning to say its OFF

i know we are only 6 riders short but that means the club or me paying out the differance again for the short fall and i am sorry not this time,

so i want to say next year we are to look for new ideas on running comps ie what do you want from a comp ??

try and list dowm some ideas for me

Ideas welcome

thanks for 2008 not good for the ymsa so we try in 2009

i will work out this years champions and post up later thanks

Dave Butler

I don't know if you read through this, but its of a similar theme and a few ideas were looked at and pointed out. Seems relevant and should be of interest to you if you didn't catch it.

It does seem to be across all clubs lately though. Even the hampshires have had poor numbers the last few rounds.

I think for some people its just the expense. After you've paid whatever it is for your licence, its still roughly £10 for entry, plus travelling expenses and accomodation depending on how far it is and spare parts. It all mounts up over time.

At a risk of starting an argument, the general trend of riding seems to be slowly slipping away from natural riding. People tend to be riding more street ect. Maybe more man made competitions would prove popular and appeal to a broader range of people?

One thing I have noticed recently, is how poorly these competitions seem to be advertised and signposted, from a public point a view. I went to the national round at Hook Woods a few weeks back, and having never been there before, I couldn't find the venue. Surely if these events were advertised and signposted locally, maybe more people from the public would go to watch, and more people would get into the sport, which cannot be a bad thing from your point of view.

good point about the man made sections, dave has had one man made section at most of the ymsa trials for the last 2 years , getting in skip's pallets spools etc, even making 2 or 3 trips to braken rocks on the saturday, wich about an 80 mile round trip, to get stuff there, the sections are allways built, and layed out to the highest standard, no falling markers, lots of tape, etc, etc.

as for it being a little elietest i disagree, i make a right tit of myself falling through the black route sections just like i do at many comps that are this dificult,

allso i think the black route is a good idea, because it seperates the really top, pro riders,(and old people like me that have to ride it lol) so that the elite route can be made dificult for most, but not dangerous, and allso the other routes are set out realistically i think.

is it the uci part that puts people off? cant say its because its too dificult in uci format, because its the same for everyone in the comp, so the fact that you cant put your pedal down doesent matter, its the same for everyone else.

or maybe people are put off because they dont have a clear understanding of the rules,

i dont know these are just some of the things that i think maybe a factor, but like dave say's ant sujestions are welcom, i for one would like to see these trials run next year, if not for anything else, the ymsa area has some amazing venues, and it seems a shame to see them go to waste!!

rob,

I'm all for UCI, was really looking forward to riding a UCI trial this weekend, but if you look back, the attendances have only gone down ever since the club became UCI, maybe only the top 3 routes should be UCI so as not to 'scare' the younger riders off. Every club needs a lot of young up and coming riders.