Doing My Onza Bird Up Like An Adamant A3

Petr Stephens

Hi Reader, I Just Got An Onza Bird And I Have Decided I Want To Do It Up Like An Adamant A3 (There Should Be A Picture Of My Onza Bird And An Adamant A3 At The Bottom Of This Post), I Just Need Some Help On he Following:

Rims - Now I Know That The A3 Has An Echo Bashplate/Ski-plate Put I Was Wondering If The Rims Are Also Echo, If Anyone Knows Please Say, Thank You.

All Other Parts - Does Anyone Know If All Of The Following Parts Will Fit My Onza:

1.Adamant Bars

2.Adamant Brakebooster

3.Adamant Brake Clamps

4.Adamant Crank

5.Adamant Bash Ring

6.Adamant Headset

7.Echo Level Set (With Adamant Brake Blade)

8.Echo Bashplate/Ski-late

And Last But Not Least Please Can You Leave Comments On What You Think My Bike Will Look Like ie. Do You Think It Will Look Tacky (And Please Give An Honest)

prod_18632.jpga3-02-gld-1200.jpg

Thank You.

Edited by Petr Stephens

Brake booster and brake clamps will not fit on the back, you will need to get an EVO2 kit from magura to run hydraulic rim brakes. on the front it will be no problem. No point in getting a new bashplate as they are all basically the same and will get scratched and bashed anyway. to run adamant bars make sure you get an Echo stem so you are able to run them as the onza one has a smaller clamp diameter. To run a ffw setup with the adamant cranks and bach this will also require a new hub or a rear locked sprocket. (Y)

Hope this proves alot of help to you (Y)

It'll look hideous.

The bash plate also won't fit. If you buy a new crank, you will only need a sprocket, not the bash ring as well. And you will have to check if your current bottom bracket is not Square Taper, you need ISIS Taper.

If you like gold, just buy some gold bars and be done with it.

It seems like you're a new rider, ignore what i'm saying if you're not.

The new Onza Bird is a good looking bike. Possibly the nicest looking budget bike ever.

Rather than upgrade the crap out of you're bike just get to grips with trials first. That bike pretty much as it is will be fine for you for about half a year. By then you'll have more of an understanding on what you need upgrading and don't, and how to fit it yourself too. It seems like you're just going after the adamant parts, most riders bikes are a mish mash of all sorts of different brands as they find for example one company can make a really good crank and the other a really good hub.

Hang around the forum a lot too, you learn lots!

So yeah, ride and upgrade as and when you need too.

(Y)

Edited by JT!

Brake booster and brake clamps will not fit on the back, you will need to get an EVO2 kit from magura to run hydraulic rim brakes. on the front it will be no problem. No point in getting a new bashplate as they are all basically the same and will get scratched and bashed anyway. to run adamant bars make sure you get an Echo stem so you are able to run them as the onza one has a smaller clamp diameter. To run a ffw setup with the adamant cranks and bach this will also require a new hub or a rear locked sprocket. (Y)

Hope this proves alot of help to you (Y)

t bird has magura mounts and vee mounts ontop, so u wont need a evo2 kit, and ull need a new stem if you want to run adamant bars.

Mat

t bird has magura mounts and vee mounts ontop, so u wont need a evo2 kit, and ull need a new stem if you want to run adamant bars.

Mat

The bird doesn't.

But yeah, as JT said just wait till you get to grips with trials before you start upgrading.

When it does come to ugrading though, first thing I'd reccomend doing is switching to front freewheel (Y).

The bird doesn't.

But yeah, as JT said just wait till you get to grips with trials before you start upgrading.

When it does come to ugrading though, first thing I'd reccomend doing is switching to front freewheel (Y).

ahh reet, i was thinking of the t comp n that.

Mat