Just Made A Tentioner!

mad_ryan

The thing is i f**ked all my tensioner's, and i have no money to buy a new one, so i made one! take a look, i know its not amazing but im proud of it!

A DMR Simple Tension Seeker (Snapped) + Shimano Derailleur = This!

DSCF0459.jpg

DSCF0464.jpg

Edited by mad_ryan

because the chains wider than the space in the roller

Talking about making a mountain out of a mole hill man!! I take it there was no other option than to run that orange roller instead of a jockey wheel? Because that is a weird thing to be running if the chain doesnt even sit in the space!! Itll just fall out if you give it any side ways motion. But mechs are usually really strong, hell Id use one if they wernt so bulky and heavy!

I would run the chain through both jockey wheels to get good chain wrap on the cog and remove the spring from the bolting part that goes on the hanger so the mech doesnt hit the frame, or alternatively, tie wrap the mech to the frame.

Fair play for trying a bodge though. (Y)

Oh yea, running a jockey wheel is loads quieter too!

Edited by Ross McArthur

Nice simple idea. Check out this one I found on google images. It is a mech hanger bolted to a piece of metal bolted to a jockey wheel(at least I think.)

I made that tensioner. It kind of shocked me to see that someone posted a pic of it. I used it on my SS mountain bike and it worked well. I would have been better if it was tensioned with a spring.

Talking about making a mountain out of a mole hill man!! I take it there was no other option than to run that orange roller instead of a jockey wheel? Because that is a weird thing to be running if the chain doesnt even sit in the space!! Itll just fall out if you give it any side ways motion. But mechs are usually really strong, hell Id use one if they wernt so bulky and heavy!

I would run the chain through both jockey wheels to get good chain wrap on the cog and remove the spring from the bolting part that goes on the hanger so the mech doesnt hit the frame, or alternatively, tie wrap the mech to the frame.

Fair play for trying a bodge though. (Y)

Oh yea, running a jockey wheel is loads quieter too!

the red jockey wheel is soft itl wear in, it was noiseless on my old chain once it wore in, nah i had no choice to be honest i got my echo urban forks on now too , running perfect apart from my king needing fixed!