Sidehop

Damon W

English people use spaces and can spell.

Really, why is everyone bumming him so much? It's an inch bigger for f**ks sake. Yeah it's an amazing height, but we already knew it. We already knew he goes big.. What's so amazing about this sidehop compared to his previous highest?? What's new about it?

Really not 'bumming him' just think about the power, flexibility, hard work, and well many other things to get him to sidehop and hold that in well 2 tries or w.e. Also, only an inch bigger can either be breaking the record or only tying it, which i mean maybe hes not trying to break records, but he does what his sponsors want him to, which is make people ride what he rides and such. Really in the end, all of this 'fame' you could say would get you to like what people think about what you do. Not saying he is, just some people might be like that, such as well artists and stuff, but this is just trials and i mean if/when you post a video or w.e. you do like when you get good responses, or no?

He even says in the first post that he was just bored and thought he would post that single picture, which he can get away with, and well see if we like it. Truelly the majority does, but there is always a minority, but the minority (you) will always have a harder time proving the case, which you haven't yet.

You have an opinion, just i really dislike your ever longing disrespect to the 'tgs' world where there are some of the best riders, and well i am getting fed up with reading your bullshit, and would you just not look at what they have to offer for the forum. And well if your just going to rant them or w.e. then just think to yourself, "what am i going to prove by saying this." Instead of looking like a total knob.

edit: also about the spelling with spaces and such, if i can understand it and i am from canada, you should be able to decode your own countries words, only makes sense. BTW they are called typos, we're only human, not robots, people make errors sometimes. Try applying yourself next time with your reading, thats how you get better (Y)

Edited by joeyvaj

Really not 'bumming him' just think about the power, flexibility, hard work, and well many other things to get him to sidehop and hold that in well 2 tries or w.e. Also, only an inch bigger can either be breaking the record or only tying it, which i mean maybe hes not trying to break records, but he does what his sponsors want him to, which is make people ride what he rides and such. Really in the end, all of this 'fame' you could say would get you to like what people think about what you do. Not saying he is, just some people might be like that, such as well artists and stuff, but this is just trials and i mean if/when you post a video or w.e. you do like when you get good responses, or no?

Yeah I understand he is an amazing rider, does some of the biggest stuff in the world. But it's just a sidehop..

Every single video he sidehops an inch or so bigger. What's so amazing about going 1 inch bigger? If someone was doing some drops on a ride, and was going inch bigger each time, they'd get laughed big time. But sidehops are an exception.

If I posted a video, I'd like bad responses too. Would give me something to work on.

He even says in the first post that he was just bored and thought he would post that single picture, which he can get away with, and well see if we like it. Truelly the majority does, but there is always a minority, but the minority (you) will always have a harder time proving the case, which you haven't yet.

The majority though like making video's with most the clips being of sidehops.

You have an opinion, just i really dislike your ever longing disrespect to the 'tgs' world where there are some of the best riders, and well i am getting fed up with reading your bullshit, and would you just not look at what they have to offer for the forum. And well if your just going to rant them or w.e. then just think to yourself, "what am i going to prove by saying this." Instead of looking like a total knob.

I have no disrespect for TGS riders, I consider myself one. But TGS doesn't just have to be a big sidehop and a big gap and a big tap. It can be many things linked together making something creative and interesting. I don't mean do some 360's and bar spins btw.

What is anyone going to prove by commenting then? If they say 'yeah thats really high, impressive' or whatever, it doesn't really prove anything to Damon, he already knows its big.

edit: also about the spelling with spaces and such, if i can understand it and i am from canada, you should be able to decode your own countries words, only makes sense. Try applying yourself next time with your reading, thats how you get better

Why should we have to always 'decode' what an english person is saying. If he was at college/uni, do you think he'd spell like that in an essay. Then when his teacher asks what the f**k does it say he could just say 'my friends can decode it, so you can too'?

Edit: Obviously anything I say won't make a difference, so I'm not replying to whatever you say now. Cya.

Edited by Bob Fossil

Trials has become a series of individual 'events', much like athletics. Soon that's how it'll be all the time, a field with a load of events scattered about, where riders will queue up to compete in each one before rotating round. And it's quite possible that cranks will never even complete a full revolution, with the bikes becoming so odd and deformed in their 'trials specificness' that they'll be actually impossible to 'ride'. A piece of dedicated and refined sports equipment, the trials bicycle will be as much like the good old mountainbike as a golf club is like a badly-dressed Scoper.

you make me sad....

On the subject of the picture, I am impressed (very impressed). It's pretty much the biggest hop I have ever seen. But a weenie part of me wishes that this could go in the tuckage/sidehop thread with a "no more pictures after this without it being a bigger hop". As at the end of the day a flat to flat sidehop is just what it is (and pretty much what they all were) - bigger or I am bored.

You are joking right?

hell ye that is one phat sidehop

i also like the use of not standing the other bike up vertically, making it look more over bar height definitely improves the satisfaction of viewing it

cant wait for video 8 Sir. damon

Edited by ilikeriding

the 'tgs' world where there are some of the best riders

That's a matter of opinion. I don't think they are the 'best' riders, no offence to Damon or anyone, but I'd much rather watch a technical 24" video, with lines and spins, including gaps etc. To me, they are a lot more interesting to watch, they actually make me want to grab my bike and go out riding!

TGS videos bore me to death. Every one of them is the same old, massive gap, big sidehops, slo motion, black and white intro's, tapping up some big wall. They don't impress me anymore, as I know what to expect. Most of them just make me wonder why I still ride...

You have an opinion, just i really dislike your ever longing disrespect to the 'tgs' world

I don't think Grant actually hates TGS, seeing as we both had a joking debate about it the other night on msn. He even considered himself to be one! but he does have a point, it is only a sidehop. We have a topic on them to stop these exact topics from popping up all the time, which they were. But I guess seeing as it's Damon we can let him off because he pwnz us all at them. :sleeping:

i am getting fed up with reading your bullshit.

To be fair, i'm sure anyone else could say the same about you. I have nothing against you at all, but just because you disagree with Grant and have decided to have a nice moan at him about it, it doesn't exactly mean he's talking bulls**t all the time. This is a forum, we're supposed to be able to show our opinions on things. The only problem is on T-F is that the majority's opinion is the correct one, and everyone else is wrong.

hell ye that is one phat sidehop

i also like the use of not standing the other bike up vertically, making it look more over bar height definitely improves the satisfaction of viewing it

cant wait for video 8 Sir. damon

+1 ! can't wait for this new beasty vid !

Edited by Tribal Zone

To be fair, i'm sure anyone else could say the same about you.

sure people have there opinions about me, but this is the only time i have 'ranted' against him or anyone on this forum. So you could say my bullshit level is way lower than his. Thus saying this i still go by that i have had enough with his bullshit because well maybe only lately have i realized that he's been commenting completely negative/sarcastic remarks, and then following up by how they butcher the english language. I for one live a million miles away from well the majority of the forum and can almost always understand what they are trying to say (and aren't up with there slang), but he who lives in the same country misses what they are trying to say and just comment on how big of a fail they are at writing. And well they usually don't give a f**k about what he has to say, but i just got pissed reading another shit comment so thought i'd give him my opinion.

Really this is all 'E-shit', so really most people on here don't give a f**k about some posts, but i for one got fed up with his shit and just hope he stops commenting on the videos he's just going to give a shit comment about, i mean if its constructive criticism then go for it, just hate reading his half-retarded posts.

Yeah I do, but really.. It's just a sidehop.

We know he can sidehop high, why post one that's slightly higher? Looks pretty much same height as he did in his latest video, not as if its that easy to tell its an inch higher.

Edit: what the fook is jacked?

bob erm....... if i remember correctly in his last video he was sidehopping 56 inch. this is at least 59-60 by the looks of things. so its a tad more than an inch higher its not just a sidehop, it's quite a nice picture IMO. with the background an evything....give him a break fair does its only a sidehop but much of us on this forum would like to hop that high, give damon a bit of support his trained and worked hard to do what he enjoys.

thanks Ross. and damon how?

English people use spaces and can spell.

Really, why is everyone bumming him so much? It's an inch bigger for f**ks sake. Yeah it's an amazing height, but we already knew he could do it. We already knew he goes big.. What's so amazing about this sidehop compared to his previous highest?? What's new about it?

Things like that post and this topic just make me think that Damon likes to have peoples tongues up his arse.

how would you know its an inch bigger? lol, thing is i clearly stated i post'd it up because i was bored, gave me something to read, not to consider it a 'teaser' or 'ego boost' what so ever, if it was id have alot more pics up wouldnt i

i can spell, but i dont go checking my posts if im honest, its not my first priority in life, i hate how this forum has turned into a big spelling/grammar fest, its daft, thing is, most people make mistakes on it and its still readable just cos the odd letter is wrong

Yeah I understand he is an amazing rider, does some of the biggest stuff in the world. But it's just a sidehop..

Every single video he sidehops an inch or so bigger. What's so amazing about going 1 inch bigger? If someone was doing some drops on a ride, and was going inch bigger each time, they'd get laughed big time. But sidehops are an exception.

If I posted a video, I'd like bad responses too. Would give me something to work on.

The majority though like making video's with most the clips being of sidehops.

I have no disrespect for TGS riders, I consider myself one. But TGS doesn't just have to be a big sidehop and a big gap and a big tap. It can be many things linked together making something creative and interesting. I don't mean do some 360's and bar spins btw.

What is anyone going to prove by commenting then? If they say 'yeah thats really high, impressive' or whatever, it doesn't really prove anything to Damon, he already knows its big.

Why should we have to always 'decode' what an english person is saying. If he was at college/uni, do you think he'd spell like that in an essay. Then when his teacher asks what the f**k does it say he could just say 'my friends can decode it, so you can too'?

Edit: Obviously anything I say won't make a difference, so I'm not replying to whatever you say now. Cya.

im not doing an essay though am i, im on a forum, supposed to be full of like minded trials riders, not in an english essay

Can you manuel Damon? Never seen you do one in any video... :P

joeyvaj - I wasn't saying that you talk bullshit, not at all. My point was that you disagreed with him, so you said it was bullshit. He'd say the same about you as he disagress with you... get it? I wasn't 'having a go' or anything...

Yeah, it is annoying when people on here go on about 'thats not english!' when it's a simple spelling mistake. Spoke to Grant on MSN about it, and he said 'he's not speaking english though' which they were, just not properly. Although to be fair, some posts are typed out so badly I have to read them a few times to make sense of it!

Aaaaanyway, nice sidehop! :rolleyes:

i can spell, but i dont go checking my posts if im honest, its not my first priority in life, i hate how this forum has turned into a big spelling/grammar fest, its daft, thing is, most people make mistakes on it and its still readable just cos the odd letter is wrong

im not doing an essay though am i, im on a forum, supposed to be full of like minded trials riders, not in an english essay

To be honest though, a lot of the time it looks like you've tried typing out your post using your chin or something. You just seem to hit letters that are around the key you should be pressing and give up half way through words leaving them unfinished. I know the forum shouldn't be focussed on English quite as much as it is sometimes, and some people do get very pedantic, but I can imagine having your riding idol put up a picture and half heartedly type something is a bit disheartening as it shows you clearly don't care enough to make an effort for your fans. Its just a shame, that's all.