Caelifera Takes On The World

Dang!

Oh i see. Im a bit sceptical about that seeing as he seems to leave everything upto someone else.

Hi :)

Just being glib is all. It's pretty easy for someone not involved to post a comment such as JT's. If he is correct and there is a cheaper way, I would think he would offer his advice, rather than just a comment. So my reply was as useful as his comment.

I have tried to come up with a cheaper way to get it to you all, but in the end it's going to cost what it costs.

I can't afford to ship it, so it will stay with TRA until someone either pays for the shipping or figures out a way to get it without paying...

Hh

I could price up a delivery but i need more details such as weight and size of what the parcel is going to be.

Also Id like to know what delivery service would be most likely used.. This project isnt going to work unless everyone involved actually help in getting it here. Id Love to see this working but at the moment.. No one is making an effort for this to work so at this rate its not going to.

I could price up a delivery but i need more details such as weight and size of what the parcel is going to be.

Also Id like to know what delivery service would be most likely used.. This project isnt going to work unless everyone involved actually help in getting it here. Id Love to see this working but at the moment.. No one is making an effort for this to work so at this rate its not going to.

The frame is in 5036 Bergen, Norway.

The box the frame is shipped in is 1219mm x 203mm x 203mm

The "dimensional" weight is 19lbs, the actual weight is more like 9lbs.

DHL is probably the best bet for shipping.

Tha Goat looked into it and can probably weigh in about this.

dont wanna be a twat but you dont seem too interested in this project anymore. As soon as anyone is mildly knowledgeable on something (which on this case is very obvious) you just say ill leave it in your hands. if i remember correctly JT isnt on the list and also lives in america so why would he go to all the effort of working out prices, surely that's your job.personally i think this project is turning into a bit of a joke, and from what i can see it WON't happen. it could happen if you were willing to put some effort in. e.g leavin leacock to make the list, surely thats something you should be doing yourself.

When this first began i was interested as it was a new idea thats a step forward in product developmen, but now its just a joke!!

This is a joke, as someone who will be flying between the USA and the UK pretty much every 4 months willing to transit frames back and forth which I've said i would do at the beginning of this thread (and also in a PM i believe) you would have thought when i tell you that you're postage price is wrong (and it is wrong, i found a couple of places that'd do it for around 70 pounds ~ $120 at that weight and dimension) you would take that advice rather than just leave me some shitty sarcastic comment like you've done before. You can consider my offer declined and you can go look up your won postage prices. Like you said yourself it's got nothing to do with me so why should i bother helping you out, just be thankful the people who are trying to help you like Adam at tartybikes don't end up feeling the same way.

C'mon JT- no need to take this all so personally.

It may seem you are directing your wrath at me, but as you mentioned, you offered to fly it over early on- It's really not me that is going to be taking you up on your offer or like offers, it's the people in England who are trying to figure out how to get it there. As I said in the very begining- I am offering the oportunity to use the frame. The shipping is up to the people who want to ride it.

The price I listed was what I had found (from here through UPS), I know Tha Goat found a very similar number.

So your frustration, though it may be directed at me, really goes to the people who are having a frustrating time finding a good deal shipping.

They certainly don't need your additude, but if you have found a good deal, I imagine they would love to have access to it.

They certainly don't need your additude.

You might want to look at your own attitude before you start commenting on mine. You're expecting to make these frames and sell them, but it's down to the customer to work out how to get it shipped for a reasonable amount? You're attitude throughout this whole thread with regards to anything other than making the frame has been terrible, refusing to organize anything, calling us all children for not been able to organize it, at one point asking for $100 from us each, and then throwing even more insults at us at a whole because we won't pay that or come up with any other ideas.

Where as my attitude hasn't been much else than constructive criticism.

hee hee

of course I know I have an attitude problem, I'm an American.

and as to the rest of it, EVS... there is no point in dragging up all that old business, I can't apologize anymore for it than I already have, it would be pointless.

Fact of the matter is, all was well until money came into play. I can't afford to give the frame to the masses and pay for it to get to each and every one.

So in retrospect, the cost is far more than I thought and too much for any one person to bear. So maybe it was a bad idea.

But for people to keep stating that I am asking too much or not giving enough is just wrong. I am not asking for anything monetary. The shipping costs do not go to me or through me. I don't know how else to say it.

If no one other than Ross is interested anymore, so be it. The other frames are making their rounds quite nicely.

Thomas will be more than happy to keep it, or if Ross can come up with the money. It's yours my friend.

unfortunately not.

Shipping/ duties/ and VAT have been one of the largest hurdles I have been facing.

As a hand made frame, it is near impossible to get a finished frame made cheap enough to be affordable once shipping and duties have been added.

It's one of the driving forces behind why I thought this might have been a good idea, if the frame is a prototype (not for resale) and the shipping gets split up, it becomes more reasonable.

It's all very silly- it costs me @ $20.00 to ship a frame (insured for full retail) all the way across the United States, it costs me almost $200.00 to get the same frame to England- It's stupid

on the dole and looking to purchase a frame... my my my aren't these times a bitch.

If more than one person is interested in this program, than obviously that deal can't stand.

But, if two, three, ect... still want to pull this off- than split the cost, and split the time accordingly. The clock is still at zero, with twelve months to go-

But if you really want a frame- join the team, buy a frame, and I'll try and cover as much of the shipping as I can afford.

It might be an idea to see if we can get TRA to get us a quote.. It would be more accurate then and alot simpler. Because he would be able to go to his local post office or whatever and ask them how much it'll cost to post it to the UK.

I got the same info that you posted up Dang, didn;t get any further info from TRA.

I didn't day I was getting a new frame, I'm as much in the market for a new frame as I am for a new car and a new house :P

Aha- there in lies a large difference. The cost difference between a "new" frame and a "new to you" frame can be large.

• 4 months later...