Buy 1 Coke, Get 2 Free!

PaRtZ

dont think this has been posted, but to discourage drink drivers, coca cola are doing an offer, buy 1 coke, get 2 free at selected pubs! So if you're driving you're friends around this christmas, you deserve 2 more cokes!

Find you local pub that is participating here

Sorry if repost

That's actually a pretty good idea, might make use of that as theres a few near where i work and if i go out after work i'll be driving home anyway. Good to see a company taking a financial kick in the balls to promote it, and lets face it, most people buy coke anyway so there's no need for them to give it away.

Really?

I can't think they're even NEARLY breaking even.

They're a mega-time business. They can't.

I reckon a pint of coke won't cost much more than a penny to manufacture - so 3 for what... Between £1 and 2, depending on where you go...

Big loss - right? Haha.

I know what you mean though.

I can't think they're even NEARLY breaking even.

Of course they will be. It probably costs them pennies to make a barrel of the syrup mixes that pubs use...

Plus this is only at selected pubs, so they'll still profit from the other shops, etc that buy their products. Remember that Coca Cola are more than just Coke, and Diet Coke... ;)

Oh hang on, are you on about Coca Cola, or the pubs? haha. Either way, I think they'll still profit from it, more customers coming in for the deal, possible more regulars...etc?

Edited by Dan6061

Coca Cola is owned by Schweppes who make hundreds of other drinks.

They won't be going into liquidation by giving away a couple of free barrels of sryup...

Although it'd take more than 2 free cokes to get me to nominate myself for a designated driver.

Edited by Baby Pizzle

Sorry? I think you'll find that Schwepps (or whatever they're called now) are an entirely different (and much smaller) company than Coca-Cola.

Schwepps may act as a bottler for Coke in the UK though.

Ah, I always assumed they were the manufacturer...perhaps only in the UK. A bit like with Masterfoods and United Buscuits have a huge product base.

Turns out the pubs that are in this promotion are pubs I wouldn't even go in if I got 2 free beers with every pint.

Edited by Baby Pizzle

Coke works on a big franchise system. Each market has a bottler responsible for that market, but Coke syrup is provided from the US and then mixed with water and fizzied locally instead of shipping water round the globe. The difference in water, sweetner and so on is what makes Coke in different areas taste different. Look at the label when you buy a can (usually in some dodgy kebab shop) and you'll sometimes find a non-UK address on the side.