Freezing Magura Cable

Nickkkkk

Putting antifreeze into a water-bled brake and expecting it to instantly be fine is, unsurprisingly, not going to work. You also need a decent concentration of anti-freeze for it to work too, so if you're adding diluted anti-freeze into your brakea, then that's not going to help either. But yeah, if you bleed it with a strong solution and leave it inside for a bit so it's not going straight into freezing temps you should be alright (At least it was for me. My bike used to live in our unheated garage too, and it didn't freeze once after I'd added antifreeze).

Mine used to freeze just riding along from spot to spot 'cos of wind-chill before, so "Put it in a car" or "Leave it in the house" isn't ideal :P Just bang some antifreeze in and you'll be fine.

yeh im gonna try what u suggested earlier (Y)

Nick

Yeah we did that yesterday, didn't work. As soon as you take the bike out, the water freezes again.

At first I thought my brake needed bleeding, then I realised the pad was going back slowly.

Then I put it in the car, we drove 5 minutes to the street spots and my brake was working fine for half an hour.

Putting antifreeze into a water-bled brake and expecting it to instantly be fine is, unsurprisingly, not going to work. You also need a decent concentration of anti-freeze for it to work too, so if you're adding diluted anti-freeze into your brakea, then that's not going to help either. But yeah, if you bleed it with a strong solution and leave it inside for a bit so it's not going straight into freezing temps you should be alright (At least it was for me. My bike used to live in our unheated garage too, and it didn't freeze once after I'd added antifreeze).

hi would you no roughly how much anti-freeze to water i will need. im ready to make it up now as i got some anti-freeze this morning (Y)

Nick

hi would you no roughly how much anti-freeze to water i will need. im ready to make it up now as i got some anti-freeze this morning (Y)

Nick

Dont measure it out or anything, just put a bit in, like quater anti freeze or something.

Mat