Phat Pads & New Phat Backings

Phatmike

Afternoon all!

Thought I'd let you guys in on the new Phat Pads that've been developing over the last few months. Have recently received the first batch of the final backings (3 prototypes later..), improvements to which include improved aesthetics, reduced weight, and a slimmer profile.

The pad material is the same as I've been using for nearly 3 years (Thanks Ali!), and as known by many, it really is the best compound I've ever used. The material is now fully CNC machined for a perfect fit.

pads.jpg

• Slimline backings, only 6mm thick - allows for better clearance and reducing the need to unnecessarily cut down material
  • 8mm of traditional Phat Pad material. World-renowned for unbeatable braking power in the wet and dry, on grinds and smooth! Used for over 3 years by some of the world's top riders in over 12 countries.
  • Precision manufactured in Oxford, England (conveniently right next to the rocks for rapid testing :wink2:); fully CNC'd to the highest standard, offering superb looks, finish and performance.
  • Universal pad recess allows any standard material to be used.
  • Only £25! Posted & ready to fit.
  • Material and backings are available separately - £12 and £17 posted respectively.

A small selection of rider testimonials can be seen here; http://phatworks.co.uk/testimonial.htm

Feel free to contact me for more info and to order!

Mike.

pads look sweet dude, might have to get myself a hold of some of these!!!

have you compared them against the new try-all croco's? as i have heard good things about them pads!!

what are you doing regarding re-fills? Is is possible just to purchase re-fill sets? What about the prospect of black backings?

just some wee questions :).

Well if Mike is using them then you gotta take into account that he's another very talented rider who is happy to claim that they are the best pads he's ever used, but I don't see anywhere where he even compared them to another brand of pads.

There are plenty of people on the forum who will recommend them,

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ighlite=%2Bphat

Mike i will take some off you dude and is your bike working yet.

Cool, give me a shout. (Y) It's not at the moment, a stripped ratched in my ProII and an imploded rim within 2 days of each have held things back a bit. :P

pads look sweet dude, might have to get myself a hold of some of these!!!

what are you doing regarding re-fills? Is is possible just to purchase re-fill sets? What about the prospect of black backings?

Good point Ben. :) Have added a lil' point about that - yes backings and material are available separately! Black (and indeed any colour) backings can be arranged - it'll be something announced soon enough!

Impressive claim for these latest pads. is there anyone else other than Ali, and the other top riders whom you conveniently haven't named, who will state these pads perform better than the latest Heatsink pads?

Riders who've used and loved the pads include Damon Watson (still using them), Ben Savage, Ali C, myself, Matt Burrows, and many others. :) A few comments (simply off this forum) can be seen here; http://phatworks.co.uk/testimonial.htm

Impressive claim for these latest pads. is there anyone else other than Ali, and the other top riders whom you conveniently haven't named, who will state these pads perform better than the latest Heatsink pads?

Why do you always have to be such a doosh, mikes a top guy and I've had phatpads and they were amazing, bite and hold the only pads I've ever been able to fully trust in the pissing rain, you know there good when the tyre will go way before the brake does. Making riding in the wet easssssy. Looks like a nice outfit Mike best of luck with it man (Y)

Cheers guys. :)

Nick - yeah they are the (now) standard O-ring fitment.

Have been wanting to get this kind of thing off the ground for a lil' while now, so enjoy the pads, and keep an eye out for some new parts in the near future!

As you said the pad material is a standard size , will the pads fit in heatsink cnc v backings?

Have you got v backings in the pipeline?

Hey, yeah the material will fit in other backings, including the heatsink ones. :)

will be buying soon mike, just got 5mm of rock pad and 3mm of coust left.

Might sound stupid but I gotta ask, will they fit in heatsink backings?

Sounds good Matt! Yeah they will. (Y)

Will the cnc'ed backings fit into echo cnc'ed brakes?

Thanks Bruce

Yeah, they will. (Y)

Mike.

Just thought i'd mention how good and reliable Mike is...

I bought a pair off him second-hand a while ago but they didnt include o rings, However mike soon got that sorted and is excellent when it comes to keeping in communication!

I'd definatly recommend him and these pads to any trials rider out there (Y)

i remember jus tafter i got my cousts ans though how can i get a better brake than this, few days later i rode birdmans bike and immediatly asked what pads he had, absolute amazing, he didnt even have much of a grind, which is what i find appealing as i can never get a grind to last!

il defo buy some material when my cousts wear down abit more.