Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

How you finding the new mighty mouse in relation to recording? I found it really clumpy and skipped over all the regions I wanted to select. :(

Once I set it up properly so it stopped opening expose and such on a whim, I've had no complaints at all. The rolling scroll thing so I can just sorta flick my finger in a direction and it keeps scrolling is a god send for zooming from one end of the project to the other.

Miles better than my mighty mouse which would intermittently stop scrolling sideway, so I'd have to use the keyboard or the arrows at the bottom, not good.

Being able to flick back and forth between webpages with a two finger swipe is lovely too.

Ergonomics were a bit weird to get used to at first though.

Once I set it up properly so it stopped opening expose and such on a whim, I've had no complaints at all. The rolling scroll thing so I can just sorta flick my finger in a direction and it keeps scrolling is a god send for zooming from one end of the project to the other.

Miles better than my mighty mouse which would intermittently stop scrolling sideway, so I'd have to use the keyboard or the arrows at the bottom, not good.

Being able to flick back and forth between webpages with a two finger swipe is lovely too.

Ergonomics were a bit weird to get used to at first though.

Ahh, I'll have to set mine up. I was quite upset when I chipped out on it and it was rubbish. :P

Alright guys..

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an ok starter-ish guitar, electric.

Ideally i dont want to spend much over 200, and im not sure what the yhell to go for.

Ive been looking at Aria les paul styles, cant remember the model, and that was quite ncie, and was also looking at the Ibanez Grg170dx.

Ill add in that i can already play a few chords and shizz, but im pretty much a total beginner.

any helps majorly appreciated,

Cheers (Y)

The ibanez will be far better for a begginer.

Anything from.

Ibanez.

Epiphone.

Squier.

Those will tide you over quite well.

It also depends what type of music you want to play, many people don't realise that different guitars are made for different playing.

Most Ibanez guitars (Not all.) are made for heavier playing styles.

Whereas the squier (Made by fender.) are more made for chords and more relaxed playing.

I'd say the epiphone is the mid ground but i'm sure someone else will come in with an apposing argument.

Several people here, including myself, play ibanez guitars and i adore mine.

The ibanez will be far better for a begginer.

Anything from.

Ibanez.

Epiphone.

Squier.

Those will tide you over quite well.

It also depends what type of music you want to play, many people don't realise that different guitars are made for different playing.

Most Ibanez guitars (Not all.) are made for heavier playing styles.

Whereas the squier (Made by fender.) are more made for chords and more relaxed playing.

I'd say the epiphone is the mid ground but i'm sure someone else will come in with an apposing argument.

Several people here, including myself, play ibanez guitars and i adore mine.

Hmm, point taken,

See i want to play more heavier stuff but then also digress on the odd occasion to stuff like led zepplin and that genre, im guessing an epiphone would be a good choice.

One thing i did see about reviews on the epiphone les paul standard was that it goes out of tune like meggaaa quick anyone had this problem?

Hmm, point taken,

See i want to play more heavier stuff but then also digress on the odd occasion to stuff like led zepplin and that genre, im guessing an epiphone would be a good choice.

One thing i did see about reviews on the epiphone les paul standard was that it goes out of tune like meggaaa quick anyone had this problem?

Seriously its the most minor issue ever, get a tuner for about £10 it takes all of 30 seconds to tune it.

Since Jimmy page played a les paul and several SG's its probably your best bet.

Think about a Telecaster. Often overlooked as a first guitar, but I don't know why. They have THE best clean sound, hands down. That's the most important part of a guitars sound - with a good clean sound you can add pedals for the distortion.

Some people don't get on with the looks, I don't get that either to be honest...

Hmm, point taken,

I'm pretty sure that's caused by the parts on the guitar, tuners most likely but you can tighten them. Unless they are completely wank which you can change them to something better if you wish. I had a really shit £120 electric years ago and that piece of shit barely goes out of tune.

Think about a Telecaster. Often overlooked as a first guitar, but I don't know why. They have THE best clean sound, hands down. That's the most important part of a guitars sound - with a good clean sound you can add pedals for the distortion.

Some people don't get on with the looks, I don't get that either to be honest...

Not a full on tele though right? Remember he's only got £200 ish to spend :P

Edited by weirdoku

Looks are EVERYTHING. Sheesh JD i thought you'd know this being a trials (or ex) rider.

Beauty before function.

The tele's are ok but i feel they just don't make great lead heavy guitars.

Oddly the looks of them are growing on me, especially the ones with the strat style heads.

Thats what the bloke in the shop said about the telecasters, but i think its a bit ugly to be fair. I think its the shape of it really, not sure.

Looks are EVERYTHING. Sheesh JD i thought you'd know this being a trials (or ex) rider.

I dunno whether it's just me enhancing this, but this guitar is the most beautiful I've ever seen I reckon...

IMG tags don't work on dynamic links :(

The tele's are ok but i feel they just don't make great lead heavy guitars.

Dunno whether the sound of this counts, but I reckon that the whole intro of this song (same guitar, orange amp) kinda smashes that point far far away :P

Thats what the bloke in the shop said about the telecasters, but i think its a bit ugly to be fair. I think its the shape of it really, not sure.

Single cutaway for the win. It's essentially a very similar shape to a Les Paul, but without being all fat, heavy, and bulging. To be fair though, I did also love my LP.

I dunno whether it's just me enhancing this, but this guitar is the most beautiful I've ever seen I reckon...

IMG tags don't work on dynamic links :(

Dunno whether the sound of this counts, but I reckon that the whole intro of this song (same guitar, orange amp) kinda smashes that point far far away :P

Single cutaway for the win. It's essentially a very similar shape to a Les Paul, but without being all fat, heavy, and bulging. To be fair though, I did also love my LP.

I don't think that really counts as heavy i mean if you fondle them with Duncan or EMG goodness you can make them godly but from standard they don't seem to have it for me. They're by no means bad not at all when compared to some of the shocking stuff people play, but just not my thing.

Your photobucket gay doesn't work I WANT GUITAR PRON!

I thought the thing people liked about LP's and myself is the weight and solidity of them, although Gibson and Epiphone have an annoying habbit of every guitar being different, this means that no-one can ever really advise.

I don't think that really counts as heavy i mean if you fondle them with Duncan or EMG goodness you can make them godly but from standard they don't seem to have it for me. They're by no means bad not at all when compared to some of the shocking stuff people play, but just not my thing.

Your photobucket gay doesn't work I WANT GUITAR PRON!

I thought the thing people liked about LP's and myself is the weight and solidity of them, although Gibson and Epiphone have an annoying habbit of every guitar being different, this means that no-one can ever really advise.

I know the song isn't 'heavy', but the guitar sound is pretty fat. Although I did completely neglect to say it had custom wound pickups in that recording... Mainly because I forgot. So I take back some of it, but the thing you'll find if you read about them is that people talk again and again and again about how versatile they are. They will literally do everything...

You'll have seen the pic before, but here it is:

post-497-1264548657_thumb.jpg

I'm not just being a tele fan boy, I don't even own one at the moment after some see you next tuesday decided to take what wasn't theirs (Godins are f**king good, as a side note), I'm just picking up on the fact that they are so versatile and that should be the main thing for any aspiring guitarist - you literally don't know what you're going to enjoy playing until you do...

you literally don't know what you're going to enjoy playing until you do...

Quoted for truth.

This is why i don't personally like them for my playing style, i could sit and strum one for hours but what i play with the band i need something more like my guitar.

JD you idiot you've made me want one....

Cheers.

It sorta reminds me of incubus, but also sparta and fall of troy, heh.

I'm a fan, lol.

Incubus and Fall of Troy were pretty much my main influences at the time, along with Reuben and Muse to a point. So it's nice that you reckon the same. Glad you like, would be nice to have had more people like it before Dave and Bails decided it wasn't worth playing to 3 people at a time lol.