Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Incubus and Fall of Troy were pretty much my main influences at the time, along with Reuben and Muse to a point. So it's nice that you reckon the same. Glad you like, would be nice to have had more people like it before Dave and Bails decided it wasn't worth playing to 3 people at a time lol.

Yeah, it's sad to find that it's not worked out. Hopefully think.pause.speak will have more luck.

Yeah, it's sad to find that it's not worked out. Hopefully think.pause.speak will have more luck.

Yea I'm hoping, although my writing is so infrequent these days that it could be years before we find out! haha.

Yea I'm hoping, although my writing is so infrequent these days that it could be years before we find out! haha.

Well, maybe you're just having a stagnant period. Maybe you need to look for the inspiration more. I get these, where I can't be bothered to play the guitar so much, but it should pass.

It's the singing that reminds me of sparta... it's you singing?

4307987928_973b95cc76_b.jpg

BC Rich Beast Platinum Pro, Floyd Rose floating trem

Line 6 Spider II 2x12 150w

Had them both for over 5 years now, also have a squire strat which was my first guitar with a 30w Marshall amp and an ooold Peavey big amp lying around somewhere aswell. Have a couple of acoustics but nothing worth a mention!

Soon as i have money shall be upgrading to a decent guitar as this one is rather out there looks wise although suprisingly versitile its not so comfy to use.

Let the comments commence...

Well, maybe you're just having a stagnant period. Maybe you need to look for the inspiration more. I get these, where I can't be bothered to play the guitar so much, but it should pass.

It's the singing that reminds me of sparta... it's you singing?

Yea that's me, and the bassist Dave doing the backing vocals :)

Line 6 Spider II 2x12 150w

I'll keep my BC Rich comments to myself. I had that exact amp though pretty shortly after they came out (I think) and had the big ol' control board for it - was massive fun but in the end I decided to stop with the whole digital sound thing. Such good value for money though...

I'll keep my BC Rich comments to myself. I had that exact amp though pretty shortly after they came out (I think) and had the big ol' control board for it - was massive fun but in the end I decided to stop with the whole digital sound thing. Such good value for money though...

Yeah it's been pretty good to me so far, been well used and abused gigged and thrown in vans a lot and is still going strong, dont really go into the digital sound effects much, only when boredom takes over but not for very long.

As for BC Rich comments, I understand why many people may be at odds with them, and having the same money to spend on a new guitar now rather than back then, I should think I'd chose more wisely and bought something quite a lot better. Having said that it too has been used and abused everyday pretty much for the last 5/6 years and still going without any breakages bar a few rounded bolts on the lock nuts up top. A lot better for some reason than other BC's I've played.

What motivates you guys to play guitar?

Been playing about 6 and a half years now.

I used to play ALL the time. But I can just never be assed anymore. :(

When I do go on it I usually find it great fun but it's getting myself to start playing in the first place that's a problem. Lol.

Personally I think starting grades has sucked the life of guitar outta me. :(

Right after a bit mroe research, how would an Epiphone Sg G-400 fair to a beginner like me. I watched some videos and I like the tones they make, and it seems to be ok for a bit of everything .

Also: Where are the best sites to order from?

Cheers guys

Right after a bit mroe research, how would an Epiphone Sg G-400 fair to a beginner like me. I watched some videos and I like the tones they make, and it seems to be ok for a bit of everything .

That's a f**king good guitar. Mine turned out to be pretty cheap, but it's really really good value.

This is why I've never got lessons.

Just pick the guitar up :P

Well... Before I started grades we just did songs/ techniques/ theory and stuff at lessons. It was good fun then.

Hmm... Just gonna finish grades then. :lol:

Doing 7 the now. The playing part is piss easy. The songs aint hard. It's the freakin' ear tests that I suck ass at!

Epi SG G-400 was one of my first guitars - it was very good. Oddly it sounded better after it had been dropped out the back of a moving car, cracked then covered in duct tape to hold it together. Whether you'll get on with the wide neck as a beginner I dunno. And remember - a LOT of the tone of a guitar comes through the fingers, although obviously a good sounding guitar will help! The only way to decide whether you like the tone a guitar makes is to play it yourself - it'll sound different to when anyone else plays. I guess that's why guitar choice is so subjective.

Edited by JD™

It works out as like 4 years :S

But I reckon I play like someone who's played for two, lol.

Aww right. Well during my first 3-4 years I played LOADS. Lol. Always everyday. 2 hours a day I did for a while but recently I pick up my guitar about once a week. For half an hour... at my lesson! Kinda dissapoints me to be honest. I want to want to play if you get me? :unsure:

Yeah...

I used to play loads, I still sometimes do play for hours, but much further between.

I think it helps listening to music and finding stuff you want to try and play from it, and then see if you can either make stuff up to turn a lick into a song of your own creation, or to try and come up with something different but similar.

Yeah...

I used to play loads, I still sometimes do play for hours, but much further between.

I think it helps listening to music and finding stuff you want to try and play from it, and then see if you can either make stuff up to turn a lick into a song of your own creation, or to try and come up with something different but similar.

Yeahh. I used to make up quite alot of 'songs' on guitar. It's quite funny listening to them all now but I realise how I have no imagination anymore. I used to be able to come up with riffs fairly easily. Bah! Still good fun.

Aww right. Well during my first 3-4 years I played LOADS. Lol. Always everyday. 2 hours a day I did for a while but recently I pick up my guitar about once a week. For half an hour... at my lesson! Kinda dissapoints me to be honest. I want to want to play if you get me? :unsure:

3-4 years pfft, i'm getting on to 7 years now and i still love it.

I can play almost anything put infront of me now. Although still can't quite make my own solo's, well that sound ok anyway.