Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is it haha.

Heavier strings give a bassier tone, lighter strings ring more and sound a little more tinny.

You shouldn't have to adjust your truss rod but if there's alot of buzzing then take it to get adjusted, if your not confident with how to do it dont risk it, a new neck will cost as much as some guitars.

i never knew this thread existed untill now!!

some nice guitars in here >_<

i wil post a pic of mine tomoro if i remember, i have to dig it out first.

i played for 3 years and just didnt have the time to play it due to other comitments and all.

but i still have a love for them :turned:

what do higher gauge string have over smaller ones? also, if i go from 9s to 13 will i need to move that screw to alter the neck position?

I woulda posted in guitar thread but I cant find it and I'm sure we had one

Going from 9s to 13s will almost certainly require a setup I would think. Don't take this the wrong way, but by virtue of the fact you referred to the truss rod as "that screw that alters the neck position" I'd suggest you might want to take it to get done professionally, or at the very least look up how to set up a guitar on the internet. I just don't want to see you damage your guitar by being overzealous with the truss rod!

I'm not sure why you're wanting to jump up to such thick strings though, generally you'd only go up to 13s if you're tuning down really low. If you're playing in standard then 10s are more the norm, if you start going too thick in standard you're really going to struggle to bend them. You will get a 'fuller' sound with thick strings, but really their main advantage is when you start tuning low so that you can keep the string tension.

Edited by Fuse

this is mine

IMG_1133.jpg

before any of you say anything... no i dont like zakk wylde, i just liked the guitar lol.

i got it mega cheep of my guitar teachers son (when i used to play) for £360!! proper ripped him on that one lol

and it is MINT, only has 1 tiny scratch on the whole guitar.

plays amazing and sounds like a dream!

9-42 superslinky earnyball strings?

Was gonna get one of them but never had enough money...

9-42 strings, depends what you're playing. I use Beefy Slinkys which are 11-54. But I play in dropped tuning most of the time :)

i know what you mean, you can still get a decent drop tune sound out of the 9-42s!

i chose em cause they are an all rounder, sound good whatever you play. not to twangy, not to harsh, if you get what i mean.

I always get you and JT confused. Which one of you two was the one that was in a band and has a CD?? I never got round to downloading it!

That were me, it's not on my hosting anymore but the www.myspace.com/pocketrocketsocket has a couple of the tunes. If you like them enough I'm happy to re-upload it.