Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

A spoken arcanum is entirely acoustic. The lower/deeper tones playing rhythm are me and the notes over the top in the birhgter tone are my bud. Also you are completely right - there is some super stretchy chords in that and i was going for a foreign feel with that one.

It was played on my Martin 00-15 which is a beautiful guitar.

A continual Rotation Part C....the atonal riff that leads in to the song... that's played on the bridge pick-up of my tele which is as bright as i'd ever go and much brighter than i'd usualy ever play.

I shall source some better examples when at home.

Not bad, not bad.

I don't have an acoustic guitar. I've considered one recently but I've not got one yet.

Ha ha, f**king hell tobe. Your camera must have said something harsh at the end, that was an epic stare-down of dissaproval, :lol:.

It said, 'f**ksake, I can do 1080p and all you're using me for is filming this shit?'

Yeah, that's nothing i'm afraid. It's only going to get worse for a while and then you'll eventually have guitar proof fingers for life.

Mine are hardened well now so never hurt. When i was at uni and playing most of the day, everyday they were a lot harder than they are now, but even now there's no pain ever.

Starting guitar is one of the most off-putting experiences i've ever had but it is certainly worth it in the long run.

Just don't sing about self harm - god knows we don't need more music like that.

Things will only get worse. I remember when i'd been playing a few months and was beginning to get things straight in my head. I was getting in to a solo jamming along with a track and as i was going for it the strap came away from the rear holder but stayed attached at the front/top (didn't use strap locks in those days) and it swung the headstock and row of 6 pegs directly in to my mouth smashing my lips open, spraying blood all over my guitar.

So, pro tip: always use strap locks!

• Like 1

I haz guitar. I haz no skills to play guitar.

learning this guitar is practically self harm!

Team noob assemble!

Had an old Fender Squier given to me when i was about 12 (literally) which i hadn't really played much 'til the begginning of this year, and just got a Dean semi acoustic number from Mr Rainbird. Will whack some pictures up tomorrow now there's something other than crazy nice gear worth a million pounds in here :P

Learning is good, hugely enjoying myself!

I want to strip my guitar body down and spray it. Any one don't this before? How'd it turn out?

I have recently stripped my bass it wasn't too hard, its best to do on a cheap guitar or guitar you don't want because it might go pear shape. My bass was £25 and the reason i bought it was to try stripping a guitar. Basically strip all the important bits from your guitar body e.g pickups, strings, volume and tone knobs, bridge etc (as my bass had a removable neck i took that off as well). Then i used a heat gun and once the paint starting to flake and crack i used a scrapey thing :P to scrape away all the crap then sanded down the wood starting with a course grain of sandpaper to a fine grain. It took a while but seems to have done the job well. When spraying just apply primer then the paint and then lacquer just like spraying a bike :) Hope this helps! I've got some pictures I'll put on later.

Team noob assemble!

Had an old Fender Squier given to me when i was about 12 (literally) which i hadn't really played much 'til the begginning of this year, and just got a Dean semi acoustic number from Mr Rainbird. Will whack some pictures up tomorrow now there's something other than crazy nice gear worth a million pounds in here :P

Learning is good, hugely enjoying myself!

Here's my 45 quid beast!

post-25057-0-85955400-1310501997_thumb.j

I randomly decided to find the most expensive guitar on the internet that wasn't owned by some rockstar, I mean sure they are nice, but I would never pay so much for a guitar!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blueberry-Special-Order-Grand-Concert-Acoustic-Guitar-/140514526621?pt=Guitar&hash=item20b751859d

US $35,000.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blueberry-Special-Order-Handmade-Double-Neck-guitar-/110671756405?pt=Guitar&hash=item19c48cfc75

US $45,000.00

It's not as simple as that. It's similar to high art. You're not paying for something with a tangible cost, it is a purchase based on emotion. Of course there are many contributing factors that dictate price to an extent, but in these cases the cost is down to the buyer as to just how much someone is willing to pay for an item.

It isn't worked out like: Wood cost = £x. Wiring = £x. Lacquer = £x. Paint = £x

It's based on historical context, who has used the guitar, it's fan status and many other factors.

For example the year the guitar was manufactured is one of the biggest factors in cost. With a genuine Fender guitar, to get one of the considered "best" you have to get one made in 1964 or before. That was when Leo Fender owned the company before selling it to CBS. However the guitar of mine i posted in the other guitar thread IS a GENUINE 1964 Fender Duo Sonic, however when i purchased it, it only cost me £600 (pre-tax) and granted it'd be worth a bit more these days but if you compared it to a 1964 Fender Stratocaster which isn't a million miles away in terms of style (same company, same year, same manufacturing plant etc) but that would set you back probably over £30,000 due to the history of who over the years has used a strat...Jimi/Clapton/SRV/etc

It'll all make more sense the more you learn, play , read about and look at guitars.

• 2 weeks later...

I presume you go for the Yamaha every time?

I've only ever played an Encore once but it was atrocious. Yamahas on the other hand can be quite nice.

I get that cut-away acoustics are useful for reaching those high frets, but i've always thought they looked ainfully ugly compared to a full body.

I presume you go for the Yamaha every time?

I've only ever played an Encore once but it was atrocious. Yamahas on the other hand can be quite nice.

I get that cut-away acoustics are useful for reaching those high frets, but i've always thought they looked ainfully ugly compared to a full body.

The encore has been made to play really nice in ways i have no idea how, I was with a friend at the time when i bought it who knows his way round guitars and he was suprised by how well it played. I do much prefer the look of the yamaha though, but the encore was at a nice price so i snapped that up too :P

The first guitar I ever bought was an old abused Encore dreadnaught like that and I've still got the bloody thing about 10 years on since it just has the nicest warm sound to it ever! God knows how, but I've preferred it to every other similar guitar (of mega varying prices) that I've played. Plus being a cheap old Encore I'm never really worried about knocking it/throwing it in the back of the car/boat etc either.

Weird.

Edit;

guitarf.jpg

On the subjects of old guitars and cheap guitars, I could never get rid of my first electric guitar.

And considering how cheap it is it sound really good. It's a bit numb for lead stuff but it sounds better for chords than my other two, including my Ibanez with it's aftermarket pickup.