Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

I feel that way about an old vintage nylong string guitar i bought in Florence a few years back. It costs me ab out £35 and it's my most played guitar. It hasn't got the best of sound sbut i know how to get the best out if it, i'm not precious with it and it's a pleasure to play, even though the 11th fret produces a buzzier version of the exacty same not on the 10th fret.

The first guitar I ever bought was an old abused Encore dreadnaught like that and I've still got the bloody thing about 10 years on since it just has the nicest warm sound to it ever! God knows how, but I've preferred it to every other similar guitar (of mega varying prices) that I've played. Plus being a cheap old Encore I'm never really worried about knocking it/throwing it in the back of the car/boat etc either.

Weird.

Another plus to SOME encores. I had a single cut acoustic from about 1999, bought it off ebay because it was about £50 and that's all I had and I needed an acoustic for a gig. Ended up being one of my favourite ever guitars, I was offered varying amounts of 'lots' of money for it over the time I had it because it was stupidly nice, but turned them all down because it started getting a lot of sentimental value. Then I reversed over it. Accidentally :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right then folks, i regret selling my old amp so I'm after a little practice amp just something to shove in my room and play about on! As i don't have a job anymore money is a bit tight so my budget isn't massive and neither is my room so doesn't need to be very loud. I was looking at the line 6 spider IV 15 in a local shop and it seems to be what I'm after I've had a look at some reviews and it seems pretty decent, just wondering if any of you guys have any thoughts on it? Or if you guys recommend anything else? Cheers Ben.

Right then folks, i regret selling my old amp so I'm after a little practice amp just something to shove in my room and play about on! As i don't have a job anymore money is a bit tight so my budget isn't massive and neither is my room so doesn't need to be very loud. I was looking at the line 6 spider IV 15 in a local shop and it seems to be what I'm after I've had a look at some reviews and it seems pretty decent, just wondering if any of you guys have any thoughts on it? Or if you guys recommend anything else? Cheers Ben.

Marshall MG250DFX?

Or you could buy an amp that doesn't sound like shit. Sorry to potentially snake a sale, but without serious effort the spider series sound appalling. I know, I had one - got a decent sound after a lot of faffing, but the amp tends to decide when you get a decent sound and then decide not to replicate that next time you switch it on. Much frustration.

Go to a shop, play the practice amps, buy the one that has the nicest clean sound - doesn't matter what the crunch/fuzz/distortion sounds like because that's what pedals are for :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got knocked while cleaning :

post-29824-0-93582900-1319714140_thumb.j

I'm selling my Aria Avb Series Bass its this:

http://www.guitarzone.co.uk/view-product/Aria-AVB-STD-Active-Bass----Metallic-Blue

In a brown color, pics on request.. Looking for about £120 will consider swaps. Not put in for sale because its nothing to do with bikes this topic seemed more relevant..?

Amps, amps, amps.

I'm after a valve amp, I figure if I'm gonna upgrade I may as well upgrade properly-ish.

Currenly looking at Marshall JCM 900 combos, ideally the 50watt version, but the cheap one I was watching on ebay i got outbid on. Damn ebay, I'd clicked the 'confirm your bid' and it didn't go through in time.

Also in there is the Orange tiny terror, it's not a combo, it's not 50watts (which I don't really need), the thing I don't like is it's lack of bass mid treble dials, it's got just the one, the last amp I had with something like that it sucked on.

There's a tiny terror on ebay for £250 buy it now. Dunno if that's a good price, like.

A suprise contender is this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280760057350?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

HH studio fifty, it's old - reliability issues? - and it's not a valve amp, but they're meant to be good solid state amps.

Which one, guys? Any other recommendations?

Edited by Revolver

f**k the JCM 900 off - yawn. In my humble one.

Tiny Terrors are awesome, I loved mine in the PR days - mainly because I was banned from driving so it made gigs possible with the orange sound.

I did, however, once own the HH Studio Fifty too as my second amp ever and which I got for free by being a massive blagger (/liar). If you want a bit of a unique sound for right now, I'd seriously consider that for the money - in fact, I am seriously considering it! You're not going to lose money on it, either way.

That fender blues junior is pretty good.

All tube, right? Seems pretty good value for that.

I'm tempted by the orange tiny terror at the moment.

What did the HH sound like? What could you get out of it? Did it ever break?

Mine was f**king battered, hence getting it for free. My favourite feature was the fact I could kick it directly on the side to switch channels, because I was a posey cock who enjoyed saying that pedals were for gays (because I couldn't afford them). In terms of sounds, the crunch was lovely for what I needed it for, but maybe a bit fuzzy for what I like now. Think of the typical sound of amps through the 70s and you're about there. Considering I was kicking it probably 100 times a night, it never actually 'broke' and I gave it to another beginner a couple of years back to continue it's journey. I believe it's still going strong...

I'd go Tiny Terror though. Never played the Fender, but the dual reverb is my favourite amp ever and I can't imagine them making a 'bad' all tube amp.

Here's a question. Are all valves a standard fitment? And do you have to look out for resistance?

I've heard of people sticking, say, mesa boogie valves in a marshall amp.

It's something I'd try if I need to replace valves at some point.

Never had a valve amp long enough to replace any personally, but I'm sure Matt'll know...

Sheat, you'll only need to be replacing valves if you play at full crank 5-6 nights a week so i wouldn't worry about that.

Fencer tube amps are super awesome. I only have the little Pro Junior (why i didn't get the blues i'll never know) and i prefer it in a lot of way to my Mrshall JCM2000 stack. They can give the most beautiful clean sounds, stunning reverb but can be crunched right the hell up.

My GF's bro has a 2x10 Fender tube amp. A HOtRod or sumfink and that is special. Really loud, real nice and real smooth.

He now plays with an Orange Tiny Terror and swears by that, so it's looking like your going to win either way.

Summary: Both nice. Play em both. See which one sound sbest to you. See which one you can afford.

• 4 weeks later...