Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

I had a PRS SE Custom 24 7 string when they came out a while ago, Was very nicely built, finish was excellent, the bookmatched spalted maple was lovely. Only downside was the frets wasn't finished so great so I returned it lol. This was before I could level my own frets, would have kept it now though.

IMG_0096.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Got these two recently. The Ibanez has active pickups as stock but they're shit, if I replaced the bridge with an EMG or similar would it just plug in or would I have to solder some wires/ work out something electrical? They're Ibanez cap actives.

DSC03875.JPG

DSC03876.JPG

DSC03877.JPG

DSC03879.JPG

DSC03880.JPG

On 29 May 2015 at 4:30 PM, Tom Booth said:

image.jpg1_zpsuoyxqqnv.jpg

2015 SG special in fireburst, with all the case candy and gubbins to go with it. He's only had it 2 weeks and has played it a maximum of 4 times that I know of!

Any interest in this? I never got to grips with the fretboard and played it twice, it is absolutely pristine. Still has all the case candy, case, Gibson 3" strap, and full manual for the G Force. I really just don't play it and it upsets me it doesn't get used. Wing me an offer if your interested.

• 2 months later...

Cheers, I wanted a bit more green, and I got a couple of runs near the volume switch but it's so unpredictable, I think I used way too much paint on my next two attempts but I'm happy with this one. This is the dream....

swl.jpg

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1

Yes, but I used Humbrol enamel model paints, I've seen people use spray but I think it's much harder to control, with paints you can put one drop  in at a time and swirl it how you want it, it can get really complex, some people use heated water, borax crystals to break the surface tension, thinners to spread the paint better and probably more I don't know about, but I just had a go with cool water on a warm day outside. There are hundreds of tutorials on YouTube but everyone does it slightly differently, and the top guys are never gonna give away their secrets.

Tried a different brand of enamel paint as Humbrol don't do some of the neon colours, and the paint just sunk to the bottom in lumps. I also tried mixing Borax but couldn't get it to dissolve so I had to abandon that. I'd definitely do some trial and error on a plank of primed wood or something worthless.

Edited by LEON

• 5 weeks later...

Bit annoying, got an Ibanez wizard 2 neck for my project body but the neck sits a good 3-4mm too high, is this a case off either 4mm off the body or the neck? I thought all the Ibanez cavities were the same but obviously not, I'd rather mod the body as it's only a cheap one, but can that be done without ruining the fresh paint at the edge?

The neck cavity on my other two Ibanez RGs is deep enough to compensate for it.

Ignore where the string is, that's with the bridge screwed way up past where it should be.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by LEON

• 1 month later...

I thought you musicians would appreciate this, well I hope you do... Because it was fun.

I play bass in a Hardcore band and as much as we take our message serious, we also love to dick around and avoid looking like we don't know what fun is. I had a bunch of bass parts lying around and thought I'll make me a shovel bass, so I did.

15491759_1392479827429396_1470731063_o.jpg?oh=5b03ab31e5fa8a7000c6e45e0b5a96a8&oe=5852F222

I didn't have a planer so I had to hand rasp the fret board out which took a loooong time. The only things I had to actually buy was the shovel and the fret wire, I spent a total of 30 bucks to make it haha.

For a 13 fret shovel it actually sounds amazing, the intonation is even good which is surprising because I just glued some paper and sit it down next to my LTD to get the fret marks. The Seymour Duncan Phase 2 sounds so good.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing musical instruments and night

First time I played it live we also decided to make it onsie themed, non of the other bands though, just us.

I also had a bunch of friends asking me what it sounded like so I did a sloppy cover of a TGI song I hadn't played in years, don't judge my playing though, just how it sounds haha. Sounded even better through my actual pedals and not VST's on Reaper.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone else do that thing of getting into guitar, playing around loads and swapping/changing gear then suddenly something lands and you just click with it?

I sold pretty much everything a year or more back, and kept my LPB tele, LPB strat and I don't know if this ever found it's way on here?

FB_IMG_1539705400705.thumb.jpg.bfca47135e98c646f6f282dee63ad547.jpg

Fender longboard strat, it's one of the models fender released in their 50 for 15 limited run or something. I ordered one as soon as I saw them as I loved the body, but when it came I was that busy it just sorta got sidelined. I don't think it ever found it's way on here as 3 or more pages back I know I said hardtail strats don't interest me, and knew that would be thrown back at me :lol:.

I've played my tele pretty solidly for 2 years or so now despite building numerous strats I keep going back to the Tele as it's just a great player.

I remembered I bought that (it was in the loft of all places). Had a quick restring and set up and just got with it. It's such an awesome machine, on the bridge with the tone rolled up the shawbucker is pretty bright, roll the tone a little and it's got some grunt in there! Played through the TSA5 it sounds great, ad abit of reverb and it's a real nod to the shadows and dick dale. Love it

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Guillermo M. said:

I started to play the guitar some months ago, I'm enjoying it but that's really more difficult to play that the piano. I'm playing (trying) fingerstyle songs, but I may be interested in electric guitars in a future... 

This is my guitar, I don't think it is a very good one but looks good to start... 

IMG-20181117-221919.jpg

I'm shit at acoustic, but I like dark coloured ones, stealthy, looks clean.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sandbugg said:

Here's my recently completed les Paulish guitar started it a few years ago and took a couple of years to get around to finishing the finish which in the end only took an hour or two there's a lesson there somewhere 

That looks amazing. :wub:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone anything new? I'm still in love with that hard tail strat that doesn't interest me :lol:

I kinda wish it was the standard SSS config though but the shawbucker does make it more versatile I guess. 

My best friends dad was quite a big hit in the rockabilly scene in the 80s and 90s, and my friend is an awesome drummer so a few times a month we get together and have a jam to rockabilly tracks and some improv type stuff, feel my playing has taken a turn since this as its opened up a world past tabs for me if that makes sense? Like watching him play and the kinda progression of the tune were playing makes you realise that sticking to tabs is ok for a while, after that you need to branch out abit and find your own riffs and style I guess. Easily the best thing I've done since picking up a guitar.

• Like 1