Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

I didn't pay anything near that for my P-Bass, maybe i mistook the value, but for a decent fender £700 isn't a lot really - most current USA's are more.

A 1962 Jag compared to a 1962 strat despite not being that disimilar a guitar have massive differences in value, and i imagine Jags are more rare than strats.

Maybe i've missed the point, what is the differance with your strat ?(genuinly not sure) Surely all the alterations would hinder the value anyway, like a refinished/pick-up changed vintage strat for example.

For instance, last year i played a 1964 Strat in Denmark street that was selling for £1400 due to the fact it was originally black but in 1964 someone had it changed to sunburst as it was rare at the time. Compare that to a stock strat of the same year were looking at what...£17,000 + Small alterations just kill the value of a guitar.

I didn't pay anything near that for my P-Bass, maybe i mistook the value, but for a decent fender £700 isn't a lot really - most current USA's are more.

A 1962 Jag compared to a 1962 strat despite not being that disimilar a guitar have massive differences in value, and i imagine Jags are more rare than strats.

Maybe i've missed the point, what is the differance with your strat ?(genuinly not sure) Surely all the alterations would hinder the value anyway, like a refinished/pick-up changed vintage strat for example.

For instance, last year i played a 1964 Strat in Denmark street that was selling for £1400 due to the fact it was originally black but in 1964 someone had it changed to sunburst as it was rare at the time. Compare that to a stock strat of the same year were looking at what...£17,000 + Small alterations just kill the value of a guitar.

I know for a decent Fender £700 isn't much, but it's still a lot of money. And in the current econimcal climate, with instrument manafacturers cutting back on how many instruments they're making, the prices of 2nd hand gear should as story fortells get more expencive. It will take about £20 and a day of my own time to re-fit my strat to standard, mainly because I still have all the original parts. In todays prices, I'd expect mine to make £600 - £1k (with all the equipment on it), even though I've spend about £2k on it. It's like personalising a car really. :P

I can believe the Denmark Street strat thing, people who buy 'Ghetto/Oldschool' strats want them to be original condition (aka) - no resprays, which I've noticed quite a few had done in the 60's - 70's.

On the flip side. I've left my Teli alone 100%, not changed any parts, but might have some of the neck re-fretted with original frets. I payed about £250 for it, and now it's gone up a considerable amount, not going to say the amount, but just have a look on Ebay. Not planning on selling it any time soon though as I love playing it. :)

Edited by Hendrix

Well you all just missed out 1963 hofner bigsby cherry red with black scratch, still cased, never played.

£300, sold.

I almost cried when i noticed.

It is like personalising a car in the way people arent always going to be willing what you would, because its personalised for you not everyone.

But hey, who wouldn't want a vintage strat, even if its only to say you've got one.

Sounds good, I can bring -

Drum kit, Any number of guitars, Trace Elliot stage amps, Fender Deville, Roland D10 Synth, mixing gear, a million cables and connectors and a laptop with recording gear, microphones and spray guards with foam muffler surrounds and just about everything we need.

Sounds good, I can bring -

Drum kit, Any number of guitars, Trace Elliot stage amps, Fender Deville, Roland D10 Synth, mixing gear, a million cables and connectors and a laptop with recording gear, microphones and spray guards with foam muffler surrounds and just about everything we need.

Yeah, well I've got the worlds first vintage Mesa Boogie Quintuple rectifier amp.

Its more watts than *insert joke here*

Me too.

"Yeah, i'm taking 10K's worth of recording kit to a studio in london so a load of seatless bike riders who fix there brakes with hammers can use it."

^_^

Or how about I get them to supply it + engineer for the price of the room rental. ;)

OR;

http://www.rehearsalroomsrus.com/

This place, could ring and get price info?

Quite a convenient place too! :)

My last post may or may not be an outright fabrication.

Hendrix, you're very

adamant_frame_a1_116mm.jpg

that this goes ahead...

I'm suggesting. ;)

At the end of the day. If ten people go, and the room costs £100 - £10 each. ;) *

If 30 people go, and it costs £100 - £3.3333333 *

*These are guessed prices, and judging by how so few members live in London, it's doubtful to happen.

10 people?

What are we even going to do there?

I've had ONE dude round, and he struggles to co-operate with what I'm playing.

I go - lets play this

and we do

and then I move onto the next bit, and he plays summat else.

and then its a volume fight, which because he has 10w and I 30w, I win.

We'd establish 30 songs (for instance) and make sure people had time to learn/blag. Also make sure all the instruments were covered.

Found a place with everything supplied for £120 per day. So all you'd need to bring it an instrument. AND - Trains will be running til 11pm. :)

We'd establish 30 songs (for instance) and make sure people had time to learn/blag. Also make sure all the instruments were covered.

Found a place with everything supplied for £120 per day. So all you'd need to bring it an instrument. AND - Trains will be running til 11pm. :)

I can come and look pretty.

*awaits Mr Lee's tubleweed

It could work, but i feel it would turn into alot of noise.