Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Never said acoustics were shit...

They're harder to play than electrics, you can't really bend strings on them, they're big...

I suggested an ibanez because the necks on them are ridiculously easy to play with.

They're not hard to play, if you struggle just put lighter strings on - gotta learn one day.

It doesn't matter how 'easy' an Ibanez is to play, it in no way suits the style of music the guys interested in - its just a horrible cheap slab of wood with poor pickups in, with a nasty straight neck. I know that appeal to a lot of shredders, but this guy clearly isn't in to that. Its not a like a strat or tele is anymore difficult to play...and its more in line with what he likes.

Cheers guyss :) Yea, not into shredding, maybe a few years back but far more into indy sorta music these days, aswell as the classics (led zepp, stones etc.) Fundings an issue, being a student, and running a car, I have sod all in the way of money. So I was just thinking of getting an acoustic (my mate offered me one for a tenner, and in my experience its not too bad, and gives a pretty reasonable sound, aparantly cost 100 new..) so thought itd be a reasonable route to go down, especially since Im more wanting to learn some chords and things now, as I never really did before. I would like an electric again at some point (always had a soft spot for teles, and used to think SGs were the mother of all guitars) but for now I need somthing that i can effectivly learn on without spending much atall...

Bass, is boring :( although juicebox by the strokes has a great bassline which I just got the hang of :)

Ibanez make great starter guitars, as long as you pick the right one. Same goes for Fender(Squire). I played a Squire Strat today that played brilliantly, was £140.. if I'd had it spare, I'd have bought it.

There great for what there made for.

I agree if your not wanting to play fast and agressive look at something else.

Sold my bass stuff today, so now i have money to play with.

And sorry but there really not a "cheap slab of wood" if you've seen how they're made or even played a decent one you wouldn't say that.

The necks again are made for sertain styles of playing.

I'm sorry i had to defend them.

i really cant see an appeal of basses. why would you chose a bass over a 6string?

(that really is a question - im not having any dig at anyone)

The joke part of it is, if you want to be fat, and not get the chicks, be the bassist.

In all seriousness. Being a bassist myself as well as a guitarist, I can see it from both sides. The fact of the feeling you get from syncing in with the bass drum is really nice. Feeling the line you're laying down, vs. just hearing. That's the same reason people usually like D&B etc - they can feel the bass..

Apart from the price i want a Parker, neck at least.

The necks are relatively cheap to replace, if you don't send it to Parker USA to replace it.

There are some ''designer'' guitars out there, with £20k necks, which are made from Carbon, Gold, Silver and Diamonds etc.

THEY'RE the most expensive necks.

You can pick up a USA Parker for about £500 in the current economical climate. ;)