Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

The necks are relatively cheap to replace, if you don't send it to Parker USA to replace it.

There are some ''designer'' guitars out there, with £20k necks, which are made from Carbon, Gold, Silver and Diamonds etc.

THEY'RE the most expensive necks.

You can pick up a USA Parker for about £500 in the current economical climate. ;)

Yes but i'd only want the neck :P, personally think the bodys are fuggly.

The body... fuggly? Suppose it's a bit like Ferrari. You either love 'em or hate 'em.

I like unusual things, but it just seems to be trying a bit to hard, thats not always bad.

But something about it being all smooth then BANG sharp corner, doesn't do it for me.

All smooth or all sharp.

Razorback or stratocaster, personal opinions there.

If you see one in the flesh, you can appreciate why it's designed the way it was. Everything is equally distributed making the weight perfect, they're also really light!

Play one, a decent one, then make your mind up on them! :)

I have, and i'll admit they play nicely, but visually i don't like them.

If you see one in the flesh, you can appreciate why it's designed the way it was. Everything is equally distributed making the weight perfect, they're also really light!

Play one, a decent one, then make your mind up on them! :)

I refer you to the ergonomic guitar...

Klein-Electric-Guitar-Build-Front.jpg

Sure, it might feel nice to play, but it's not nice to look at.

:P

• 2 weeks later...
Cummon...with the pickups and the flat necks you know they're only used for speed playing which is often without rhythm.

I would honestly like nothing more than to see an Ibanez played with taste and conviction, but i aint yet!

Ahh, you couldn't be more wrong my dear friend. ;)

Yes, they are designed for speed but believe me, you CAN play with 'taste and conviction'. :P

Words cannot describe my want for an epiphone thunderbird pro (V?) in the Ltd. edition white.

A, la:

epiphone_bass_2a.jpg

Im getting pretty into the bass recently, been practicing alot! even getting musical theory lessons fo' frizzle (free) off my step nan who is part time music teacher/ex. school music teacher. Score.

Words cannot describe my want for an epiphone thunderbird pro (V?) in the Ltd. edition white.

A, la:

epiphone_bass_2a.jpg

Im getting pretty into the bass recently, been practicing alot! even getting musical theory lessons fo' frizzle (free) off my step nan who is part time music teacher/ex. school music teacher. Score.

No.No.No!

Yes.Yes.Yes!

FenderJazzBass.jpg

Cummon...with the pickups and the flat necks you know they're only used for speed playing which is often without rhythm.

I would honestly like nothing more than to see an Ibanez played with taste and conviction, but i aint yet!

I can play MINE with taste and conviction...

lol

I'm learning to play more blues-style stuff for soloing, and when I come up with stuff it's between rock and whatever alexisonfire comes under.

No.No.No!

Yes.Yes.Yes!

Pish.

Within the year providing my current interest remains, i will own an epiphone, probably the standard thunderbird though. Hell, anythings gotta be better than a sunburst red "Jim Deacon" with electrical tape and primer on it

No matter the guitar, the player decides how it sounds.

I'll post up some examples on Sunday, assuming my Teli's strings aren't poo.

Pish.

Within the year providing my current interest remains, i will own an epiphone, probably the standard thunderbird though. Hell, anythings gotta be better than a sunburst red "Jim Deacon" with electrical tape and primer on it

A Jazz would be cheaper. ;) ?

2nd Hand Squire Jazz would cost £100 from the right source.

Can get a fretless one for £275 at the moment. ;)

But look at the body shape of the epiphone! its.... different (apart from everyone else that owns one)

Fretless :mellow:

Iv always wondered how the f**k you play a fretless instrument, excuse my french...

If tuned in the same EADG tuning, exactly the same.

Electric Uprights and Fretless Jazz's have note markings on them for easy of playing.

Also, if you like Jazz and Blues.. this will amaze you.

Tina Turner with Herbie Hancock, THANYOU! ;)

Edited by Hendrix

Here we gom debate time. Im currently talking to a friend of mine who plays guitar, he uses only tab to play. However I have just started music lessons, as Iv decided that you cant really claim to fully understand/play an instrument if you dont know the musical theory, and cant read music, ultimatly, music is the language that was created to convey the musical language to all musicians, as a universal comunication method.

Im sure a few of you just play from tab, and listen to the music, and play like that, I dont condem that, Iv spent the last few weeks learning most of the arcitic monkeys album on bass via tab. However I think to trluey understand the music, and write your own music/claim to play and instrument properly, musical theory is key.

Discuss.