Bodge Jobs

Dave!

I let a friend do a 34" side hop on my onza zoot and the back wheel dent make it. He landed on the tensile chain tensioner and the pin that keeps it back snaped ! . So it flicked forward not tensinoing the chain .were it bolts in the mech hanger i put a chain link between as a washer then tightend it up and it worked great all night .

My chain snapped the other day when i was about to gap (it bloody hurt), and its somehow broke my bash plate.

good old cable ties :P

DSC01769.jpg

i think the moral of this story is odnt buy wcho bash, i tihnk jordan hit the bash but it wasnt bad lmao , jordans face.

[i think the worse thing i have ever done was i snapped my rim on my koxx v-racing beofre a comp and couldnt find a spare wheen .. the only one i had was my boss's cross bike wheel, which is a 700c (27") road wheel with a disc hub, so i used that on it with a knobly tyre ... well, at least it had loads of tyre clearence!

Never done anything dangerous, but have used coke can round the axel of a mates 3 piece cranks, bricks as hammers, single speed with full cassette, used a big bolt with a plastic sleeve as a pedal when the threads came out of a mates crank arm.

I can honestly say i have never bodged my brakes, chain, rims etc.

My friend stripped his pedal threads on the middle of a DH/Trails ride. So we got a 10mm Allen key and some duct tape and slotted it through the pedal whole and attached the L bend of the Allen key to the back of the crank arm. Worked all day :D

My jump bike is kind of one large bodge, I think that's why I like it so much. The bleed plug is currently replaced with a piece of lego and up until last night i had small sticks as spacers on my chainring bolts. :D

my lever body broke so i ducktapped it still,, wheel kept moving so u put lods of spacers on one side of wheel. needed a spacer for rear wheel so i cut and end of a spanner off.

stuff like that etc :L

Thought of more of my bodges ha,

lost my tpa wheel so i got a nut didnt fit properly so i just rammed it on, lasted like 5 mins :l

my mates frame has a stripped mounts so i screwed the bolt in a little and absolutly smashed it with a rock and it fixed itself,

my kings axle insert threads where nackred so i just screwwed it in and it made a new thread on the insert which ment it didnt f**k my axle, still running strong now, currently using profile bolts in it aswell.

bodged my mates tryall cranks as he brought them f**ked without knwing so we tried using a coke can but it just crushed into pieces.

used stones to make my brake better, also to space my wheel out a little,

my favourite bodgeout of all these has got to be cutting the end of a spanner off to make a spacer for the rear wheel :D

oo and i almost always fix my puntures with duck tape lol

Thought of more of my bodges ha,

lost my tpa wheel so i got a nut didnt fit properly so i just rammed it on, lasted like 5 mins :l

my mates frame has a stripped mounts so i screwed the bolt in a little and absolutly smashed it with a rock and it fixed itself,

my kings axle insert threads where nackred so i just screwwed it in and it made a new thread on the insert which ment it didnt f**k my axle, still running strong now, currently using profile bolts in it aswell.

bodged my mates tryall cranks as he brought them f**ked without knwing so we tried using a coke can but it just crushed into pieces.

used stones to make my brake better, also to space my wheel out a little,

my favourite bodgeout of all these has got to be cutting the end of a spanner off to make a spacer for the rear wheel :D

oo and i almost always fix my puntures with duck tape lol

how the hell do stones make your brakes better :S lmao craazy

What an awesome topic! Me and my mates when we were younger used to bodge just about everything beacuse we never had any money, 10 quid a week from a paper round does not support a dream steed!

I have:

Wrapped paper around my seat post and jammed it into the seat tube just because i wanted a mini trials sadle Standard bodge a bolt through the dodgy magura leverI've tried tying my rear mech to the downtube with a bit of string to make it single speed,I also used to rub parcel tape on my rim because i couldn't get hold of tar (what a nightmare that was)Also when i was running bent chainrings i kept snaping my chain but ofcorse i couldn't replace the chain so i would push my bike everywhere (like i was on a scooter) and attempt to ride with no chain, complete disaster!!!!!

Had a thread go tits up on the one of my front maggie mounts so quick trip to a pound shop and a brought a 28 pack of hose clips to clamp it together.

One clip wasnt long enough so joined two clips togetehr then screwed the maggie bolt in as far as i could then clamped the end of the clamp with the two hose clips, worked so well so i kept it for a few weeks until i could be assed to sort it out.