Road Cycling

davey1991

Ok Well there seems to be alot of people here that ride the above.

So heres a topic for all of us to talk in.

Post your pictures and general talk about everything road.

I'm currently building up a roadie to commute on, will update as i build it.

Enjoy everyone, and please no flaming.

I have an Alu GT frame and fork I picked up for £20, I have cranks, bb, bar, stem, headset, seat and post for it, I just need wheels and a brake (going single speed as well)

In other news, I have to big up Iolos recent performance.....he entered a time trial race in liverpool, he entered on his steel frame and fork bike with one gear and rack on the back. He came 3rd! Beating people on carbon time trial bikes with areo bars and everything! Only 9 secs off the winner too.

Just thought I would share.

I have an Alu GT frame and fork I picked up for £20, I have cranks, bb, bar, stem, headset, seat and post for it, I just need wheels and a brake (going single speed as well)

In other news, I have to big up Iolos recent performance.....he entered a time trial race in liverpool, he entered on his steel frame and fork bike with one gear and rack on the back. He came 3rd! Beating people on carbon time trial bikes with areo bars and everything! Only 9 secs off the winner too.

Just thought I would share.

Thats genuinley amazing, if he went into pro training imagine whate he could do.

I'm still new to all this stuff so expect soom noob comments from me.

I'm hoping some of you can guide me on the right lines.

My car broke in january. Ive given up on it and im now riding too and from work every day, which is about a 15 mile round trip which i enjoy. Ive got myself a Boardman urban team, ill try and get some pics up. Looking to invest in a roadie for the summer though..

I've got an '07 Specialized Allez that I got for £50 nearly brand new but had been in a crash so replaced forks with Bontrager Carbons the shop had lying around and that was that.

Upgraded the brakepads and tyres to Conti GP4000s and added lights and stuff.

I rarely use it, but is good for getting to and from parties/going for quick blasts/night time hacking around/taxi racing.

Cycle to Orston more to see me! :P it's only 6 miles from Bingham!

Plus that guy on Tithby Road sells them cheap.

Just a hinter for you!

Oh good point, and that was my plan as i wont be able to afford a car at this rate so i need something to commute on.

i've got £180 to pay on my fixie. then i can try and get fit :D this thread should have some rules? no talk of tricks on fixies? no fatpants?

I guessed this might come up.

If he talks about tricks we act as though he isn't here.

Until the he's allowed.

You people are SO uncool.............

That looks just like the seafront at Aldeburgh, but it isn't, it's San Diego... Fact for you there.

I've had a few roadies aver the years. My favourite build was my Orbea. It was the Top model Asphalt frame (The one with all the aero tubing) with ITM carbon forks, Tiagra groupset and Hope Mono wheelset on Mavic aero rims. Such a nice bike, I could have ridden it all day with no problem!

The current build, closest to a proper roadie, which I have, is my Fixed conversion, but it's sweet. It's a realy nice Gitane luged frame with full Columbus tubing, WeThePeople Royal 3Piece BMX cranks with a 43tooth Profile Imperial sprocket, and a Hope XC front hub on the rear with a custom made 120mm axle and spacer and the fixed cog bolts onto the disc mount. It's such a solid setup, and feels so goo to ride! It's got velocity deep-v aero rims aswell and a sweet rear wheel build. I have some photos if anyone wants to see.

That looks just like the seafront at Aldeburgh, but it isn't, it's San Diego... Fact for you there.

I've had a few roadies aver the years. My favourite build was my Orbea. It was the Top model Asphalt frame (The one with all the aero tubing) with ITM carbon forks, Tiagra groupset and Hope Mono wheelset on Mavic aero rims. Such a nice bike, I could have ridden it all day with no problem!

The current build, closest to a proper roadie, which I have, is my Fixed conversion, but it's sweet. It's a realy nice Gitane luged frame with full Columbus tubing, WeThePeople Royal 3Piece BMX cranks with a 43tooth Profile Imperial sprocket, and a Hope XC front hub on the rear with a custom made 120mm axle and spacer and the fixed cog bolts onto the disc mount. It's such a solid setup, and feels so goo to ride! It's got velocity deep-v aero rims aswell and a sweet rear wheel build. I have some photos if anyone wants to see.

Please :D

And thanks for sorting me out with cranks and wheels (possiably) my new favarouite person.

Hi!

Great to hear about the guy coming in 3rd! That's awesome :) With racks too! Bonus points!

I tried to hang with the racer types and it's not my style. I love solo self-contained semi-long hauls. Usually around 100 or so miles, just crank 'em out without worrying about who's fastest - not that I don't appreciate the fast crowd.

So I was thinking of my favorite road bike and I keep going back to the one I got started on. Mind you, the frame was WAY too big for me. You'll see that by the saddle position. It was an 80s something Peugeot PZ. It was rusty and set out to pasture in my friend's yard for some time. Borrowed a book and rebuilt the poor thing from ground up. No upgraded anything. Rode the wheels off of it for about two and a half years and logged about 8,300 miles on that crappy plastic saddle. Smarter now ...

Attached a pic of it. Don't have it anymore, as I am letting a friend borrow it indefinitely in hopes that he'll add some decent mileage onto it.

I have since pieced together a nice titanium (unknown brand) frame with Campagnolo goodies and lots of mid-grade spec. Rides great, still love getting out for 7 or 8 hours at a time, but just not the same as the old steel frame.

Also would love to do a 100 mile plus ride on a single speed. Maybe one day. Single speed riders have my respect.

May take a snap of the new bike tomorrow.

post-18816-1233716363_thumb.jpg

I kind of inherited my dad's old time trial bike a while ago, now that he's fat and everything (he'd break it)

We got it from my aunt (who was working for lotus at the time) when they came back from the tour de france in '94/95', can't remember. Bought the frame up for 150 english pounds, despite the 'production' models retailing at 3k - to this day i have no idea why we got it that cheap.

It's a Lotus sport 110, as used by Mr. Boardman:

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Not sure how many of you are following the tour of Qatar. I've been following Cav's progress & was shocked to read this small article this morning:

"Belgian rider Frederiek Nolf died overnight on the Tour of Qatar, age 21, his Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator team said Thursday.

"We are very saddened by the unexpected death of a friend and colleague," Topsport Vlaanderen said on their website (www.topspor-vlaanderen.be).

"Frederiek died Wednesday night in his sleep...It was his first race of the season in his second year as a professional within the team.

"Team management, staff, cycling supporters and fans are commiserating with this heavy loss; our thoughts are with Frederiek's family, his girlfriend and his mates."

No cause of death was reported"

Not sure how many of you are following the tour of Qatar. I've been following Cav's progress & was shocked to read this small article this morning:

"Belgian rider Frederiek Nolf died overnight on the Tour of Qatar, age 21, his Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator team said Thursday.

"We are very saddened by the unexpected death of a friend and colleague," Topsport Vlaanderen said on their website (www.topspor-vlaanderen.be).

"Frederiek died Wednesday night in his sleep...It was his first race of the season in his second year as a professional within the team.

"Team management, staff, cycling supporters and fans are commiserating with this heavy loss; our thoughts are with Frederiek's family, his girlfriend and his mates."

No cause of death was reported"

It might've been in his sleep but thats a bit suspicious...

Thats a shame someone so young dying so early inthier career...