Road Cycling

davey1991

Ive got this customer who wants to ride over the pirrines (sp), towing a trailer. He's insistent that everything has to be superlightweight and has therefore decided to go for a full carbon road bike.... I need some good examples of a steel or maybe even an alu bike thats as light as possible but going to take a shitload of abuse and beable to take 25kg in a trailer without ripping the back end off. Ideas?

Ive got this customer who wants to ride over the pirrines (sp), towing a trailer. He's insistent that everything has to be superlightweight and has therefore decided to go for a full carbon road bike.... I need some good examples of a steel or maybe even an alu bike thats as light as possible but going to take a shitload of abuse and beable to take 25kg in a trailer without ripping the back end off. Ideas?

The top end viner ally frame is very light, and i can assure you they are really strong. Name escapes me though.

Pants. I challenge you to a 100 mile race on geared road bikes. You choose the course, make it as hilly or as flat as you want. Anyone else from the forum is welcome to come and join in to compound 'pant's humiliation.

It will be this summer.

Can I come? Even though I KNOW I'll die in about 9 miles.. ?

It may be a race, but pub stops will be needed. Unfortunately, Glen won't be old enough for the pubs.. he can just drink his coke outside. ;)

LUV U RLY PANTS.

lolololol

I could probably stop at a pub every 10 miles, drinking a pint at each one, and still beat 'pants, even if he did it flat out. :P

money where your mouth is time, fatpants!

I could probably stop at a pub every 10 miles, drinking a pint at each one, and still beat 'pants, even if he did it flat out. :P

You could always try and cover a beer from every continent over the course of the race? 'Cause even if you don't finish, but still beat pants, you can still say you've had a beer from every continent as well as beating him!

Could do it for charity anyway?

I'm sure for a 100 mile bike race you could get a fair few sponsers, so you get to beat pants and do your bit for the community?

He could always do the London to Brighton. Except you have to ride back. Think it's 50 miles per way?

I know somewhere you could get t-shirts printed out too... "100miles to beat pants" or something? :P

Just an idea. :)

He could always do the London to Brighton. Except you have to ride back. Think it's 50 miles per way?

I know somewhere you could get t-shirts printed out too... "100miles to beat pants" or something? :P

Just an idea. :)

I did that.

I did Guildford to London to Brighton to London to Guildford in 07' on my Sworks.

:P

Maybe one day in the summer yeah.

However, i plan on doing the dunich dynamo when it comes around this year, 200km night ride from london somewhere to suffolk somewhere.

Hoping by that time i will have a tt bike...

That's where I live. Maybe I'll find a bike for that and do it too. That will do. See you then.