Whats The Oldest Thing On Your Bike?

Matt Vandart

oldest thing i have (now on my xc bike but was on my trials) was my mavic ex721 on hope xc bigman man built and drilled bought it off a mate who bought it off bigman and still going strong been on my:

t rex

bt raven

bt ninja

simtra st 1

coust st blaize

and there just on my bikes it was on my mates t rex before that and what ever bigman had at the time, ive had the wheel around 4-5 years now

Since i got a new job 2 years ago all my long lasting/ aged bits slowly disappeared. Though quite a bit of it is still in use, just not on my own bikes. Since the trials riders round here are older my trials stuff doesn't get handed down. But probably the best thing still going/ being ridden is my Macneil Ruben from 03, there's a young 'un down the local who's currently riding it.

If we're gonna get into BMX old bits I'll post a picture later of my BMX that I still ride and works well.

Your gonna laugh like f**k.

Matt

I have a pair of copper Avid Single Digit TI levers and arms. I am guessing they are at least 8 years old. A little sloppy on the levers, but amazingly smooth. I have new levers but I just love these to much.

My BB I was using was 3 years old. FSA Platinum Pro 118mm. Cracked on the shell and was still going until the bearings fell out when I took it out. I got my money out of it. :)

I try to ride smooth, so things usually last me awhile.