Onza Blade

Hi my name is James.

I ride an Onza Blade which i got on about a month ago.

I have found that it is a really nice bike to ride as is is not very heavy and rides well.

The spec is standard at the moment but i'am hoping to upgrade the brakes to Hope mono trial brakes or similar, back hub to disc hub and a new handle bar and stem set. I think that this will improve the ride of the bike and its look.

4483-0-full-aug122008_165240_000057-13.j

Also i would like to know what the best brakes are for trials?

Feel free to comment.

Thanks James

Hi my name is James.

I have found that it is a really nice bike to ride as is is not very heavy and rides well.

The spec is standard at the moment but i'am hoping to upgrade the brakes to Hope mono trial brakes or similar, back hub to disc hub and a new handle bar and stem set. I think that this will improve the ride of the bike and its look.

Feel free to comment.

Thanks James

Your current rear ones, With at least half decent pads. And an avid bb7 for the front. Yeah new forks, bars and stem should do it.

I love the Onza Blade the brakes you got on it are fine get some new pads and thats about it you don't really want to change the forks etc ride it until something brakes then replace it.

I beg to differ. The forks are shite. For once im not being an arse because im skint atm and have to run them. They look so weak and look as they will snap. Plus they weigh a tonne.

Hi my name is James.

4483-0-full-aug122008_165240_000057-13.j

Feel free to comment.

Thanks James

Hi James

The Onza-Blade frame is the frame im saving up for. Is it only white it comes in?

Bye

Very nice bike to begin on mate, someone local to me has one standard and it actually rides really nice.Expecially for its price i would be very happy, hope you enjoy and improve loads on it mate! the breaks work good enough but i would upgrade on some pads, He sort of has a brake slip which hurt him ha, Lowred his confidence though (Y).

George.

Very nice bike to begin on mate, someone local to me has one standard and it actually rides really nice.Expecially for its price i would be very happy, hope you enjoy and improve loads on it mate! the breaks work good enough but i would upgrade on some pads, He sort of has a brake slip which hurt him ha, Lowred his confidence though (Y).

George.

Are you on about Timm?

He has the onza bird. ^_^

Brake wise ,

It depends on what you are going to ride for street maggie is way forward

Natty id say disc but also maggie has been better for me (=

This is a point not alot of people put about disc brakes if you are left footed id go disc even for street

I never had a problem with the hold of my rear disc just in sidehops i sometimes missed and buckled my disc :/ (due to been right footed)

for a begginer / learner id say that disc is the best way as you can ride in any weather and not have to worry about your brakes

AS stated above to improve your bike atm its not your brake you need to change but the front end set up

Trials costs alot of money and after youve got new forks bars stem could set you back 150quid +

p.s your front brake is mint just the lever thats wank change your lever (cost you like 7 pounds) and it will feel nice

and for a low mantinance back brake id vote avid works as good as a hope (= (and is £40)

Unless your a pretty good rider none of the parts on the bike should need replacing whilst you are learning. I'd just keep maintenance your priority, tighten cranks regulary, oil chain. the only modification i'd make is a grind/tar to the rear wheel.

Nick

I beg to differ. The forks are shite. For once im not being an arse because im skint atm and have to run them. They look so weak and look as they will snap. Plus they weigh a tonne.

So your not going on any personal experience your just saying they look weak... and so will snap? Your an idiot, you've made about 5 un-constrctive posts in this topic.

Nice bike mate, ride it and enjoy it, don't bother changing anything till you get better and parts start to brake, all the bits on there are pretty solid and will serve you well. If i were you i would upgrade both sets of pads and grind your rear wheel. Personally i would chose a front disk but that is only personal preference just have fun riding :)

He comes the boring "owned" fact of the day ha ha, past 12 month 1000+ Onza mods sold.......all fitted with those forks.......number of returned snapped forks........ 0

Sorry dude, only defending my babys.

P.S the grips....Savage, Wilson Seddon and Burton all rate them. thinking about it it Savage's words were "thier awesome can you send me 3 more sets".

Edited by Joe@Onza

He comes the boring "owned" fact of the day ha ha, past 12 month 1000+ Onza mods sold.......all fitted with those forks.......number of returned snapped forks........ 0

Sorry dude, only defending my babys.

P.S the grips....Savage, Wilson Seddon and Burton all rate them. thinking about it it Savage's words were "thier awesome can you send me 3 more sets".

The front end on the onza's (Bars, Stem and Forks) really do let your bikes down. Their really heavy and make the front end really high.

Could you not make some more geo and light weight friendly?

Onza's will be great then :)

The front end on the onza's (Bars, Stem and Forks) really do let your bikes down. Their really heavy and make the front end really high.

Could you not make some more geo and light weight friendly?

Onza's will be great then :)

Well you will have to see the Master which will be available this summer........

In defence of the onza steel forks, i still have a T master from god knows what year, and the forks are still solid as a rock. You WILL NOT break them!

I once changed them to some light alloy forks and it cocked the geo of the bike right up! The forks are designed that way for a reason, they compliment the frames and you dont notice the weight at all.

Look Forward to seeing more new onzas Joe, I may go back to one this summer, My XTP is over a year old now so cant have long left!

Andy B

But I'm afraid he's not etirely wrong... They are f**kING heavy :P

The brake mounts on mine weren't level, either.

As Joe said though... Never had an issue with mine. Outlasted my Pitbulls AND Zoot forks put together. <_<

EDIT:

they compliment the frames and you dont notice the weight at all.

:huh: You're kidding, right?

Edited by aener