Dreams...

Jaffacakes

Had 2 very odd lucid dreams tonight.

First was that I got back with an ex I haven't seen for 4 years now. No need to go into any detail here.

Second was trials related, I got a phone bill for 71,500 PLN (around 14,000 quid) and after some research found that I got a few hundred fines for riding trials which had been paid by my operator (?). These fines came from a departament which specialized in hunting down trials riders and included all the violations from 2008 to 2009. I figured out the way this works in my sleep, basically it turned out that all the pedestrians who stopped to take a picture of me when I was riding were actually reporting me to this trials hunting depeartament for damaging property. With every fine a wide description of the act was provided (with the possibility of receiving a picture of the crime) and of course the value of the fine. Some were 200+. I also got numerous fines for using copyrighted music in all my vids, using illegal software for video editing etc. It was awful. I woke up shortly after getting all depressed trying to figure out where to get the money from to pay all these fines and that from now on my life will be a wreck. Usually if I don't like a dream I can wake up, this just went on and on.

edit: Manual dreams aren't a curse, they're a blessing! Love them.

Edited by Greetings

I love dreams like that, that go into so much detail. I'm sure I'm brainier in my sleep than IRL.

Word, weird dreams are the best dreams.

Every once in a while I'll have an epic dream that seems to go on forever.

Even rarer is when I go to a place in my dream that's f**kING HUUUUUGE. There's two that I recall, when I go to them in the dream I feel like I'm looking up at these huge places, and they're so big it hurts my eyes to dream about them.

I could draw both of those places out on a paper, it's not often I remember things in such detail.

Also... when I was maybe 16 I used to write down the weirder dreams I had, and it seemed that as I wrote them down it'd encourage me to dream more weird dreams.

• Like 1

Also... when I was maybe 16 I used to write down the weirder dreams I had, and it seemed that as I wrote them down it'd encourage me to dream more weird dreams.

Yea, I started doing that a few months ago and before I went to bed I'd think 'I wonder what's going to happen tonight' and they got weirder/more fun each time.

I do sometimes visit the same places in my dreams.

Sometimes I dream about places and they feel familiar, but I wonder wether I'm dreaming that I've been to them before, or whether I really have dreamed about them before.

It never rains in my dreams.

I don't think I have the brainpower to dream in such detail as to have it rain as well.

:P

• Like 1

Anyone ever visit the same made up places in different dreams? I swear my mind has programmed in a load of places, that have been included in my dreams for years!

Weird.

Yes! I have a place called the 'Sky Dome' where tonnes of random stuff is happening but always the same stuff but different purpose me being there

One that keeps on occurring for me is being pulled over by traffic police and finding loads of things wrong with my motorbike, when in real life I know it's all 100% legal and declared.

Had so many where I have set of speed cameras or been caught going fast and losing my licence.

Is there any way of making yourself dream at night, or making more vivid dreams?

A weird dream last night that me and a friend I haven't seen for a couple of years (but will be meeting on Saturday) went to Derby where we found an abandoned block of flats so we broke into it.

We went right up to the top floor and looked at the view, we damaged a couple of things and then I woke up.

I then fell asleep again and the same dream continued, however I was then somewhere else in Derby looking for another empty building when we bumped into a couple of chavs who were also looking for a building.

I told him about the block of flats we found and that we went to the top floor and broke into one of the rooms - he then grabbed me by the throat and kept shouting "My f**king mum lived there".

I woke up again after that...really odd.

im flying to sydney on my own a week saturday. Second time in a week ive dreamt ive been in a total mad panic rushing to get to heathrow from my house. They both just seem to start with me realising its way later than i thought and racing to get to the airport. Alot of stressing and speeding and clock watching throughout. i hate it.

....massive relief when i wake up!

im gonna leave my house like 2 days early now just to make sure haha

Edited by arw_86

Wouldn't it be great if there was a method of dreaming yourself to learn, or perfecting a new skill, and then when you wake up that skill is actually with you in realtime reality. No more need to spend countless hours in actual practice time, you just visualize it and then nail it first time.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a method of dreaming yourself to learn, or perfecting a new skill, and then when you wake up that skill is actually with you in realtime reality. No more need to spend countless hours in actual practice time, you just visualize it and then nail it first time.

Or you can choose what your gonna dream about and make sure it doesnt end randomly!

LOL

Bit like The Matrix?

I guess that could be possible if you could perfect Lucid Dreaming.

• 2 months later...

Dream about me dieing...

I have always heard this is impossible because your body would subsequently die to your dream self dieing. This dream started at a city train station, where I was with three of my friends. Everything was normal, however then a small plane threw into the building and landed. Everyone knew it was a terrorist and began running frantically. I saw the bomb go off in the same way a tactical nuke goes off in COD. I knew I couldn't run and accepted that I was going to die and I did. I remember thinking at this point that if I was dead in a dream I must have woken up or am actually dead. Before I could make up my conclusion in this nothingness I awoke within the dream.

This is were it gets a bit sci-fi, I was the position an embryo is usually picture in and naked. Alongside me where two other people. I couldn't see anything about them, not even their gender. They were both asleep or dead. I looked around and saw we were in some sort of grey container, like a bucket but I had the feeling it wasn't or couldn't be as simple as a bucket. Outside the bucket all I could see was white. As I belive anyone would do, I panicked. I yelled and got up and tried to escape with no success what so ever. Then I was transferred to the 'next stage'.

I'd like to add at this point (and with you not being able to stop me) that this is genuinely as I remember it, I'm not changing anything. I had become nothing. I had no body. I could see nothing but white everywhere. However I felt my body, as if I was in it and I felt I was somewhere, on the edge of a cliff to be as exact as possible. I heard a voice simply saying 'Hello.' in a stupidly normal fashion considering the situation I was in. I was on the edge of the cliff and the voice was projected from everywhere but where I was existing. It felt as though I was talking to something enormous and uncomprehendingly massive. He (it was a male voice) proceeded to tell me that I was dead and I had passed to the next stage. I enquired as to what this meant and my reply was that I would be finding out soon enough. Then, strangely, he apologized. He apologized for the way I died, by an act of terrorism. It made me wonder why terrorists feel the need to bring others with him and before I spoke this my answer was his own fear. That the fictional terrorist had been to afraid himself to commit suicide in a less disruptive manner and that he took great comfort in that people were going to be with him. I remember asking more about this but not word for word. What I remember was he confessed to being my creator and that he found getting balances difficult, between having to dispose of the evil and justify the good. And then I continued on my journey to the next stage.

I was in a school. There was teachers, there were desks, the buildings were old and covered in ivy and there was a tower in the centre of the premises. I was in a class and I recognised my murderer. I felt the need to hate him. I couldn't. There was nothing in my nothingness that could hate him. I was dismayed at this, I had been looking forward and eager to hate him. The teacher walked in and before I could ask anything I awoke (to the real world this time).

That is a cool dream.

Lol, every once in a while I dream about this lass, that turned me down.

Annoyingly when I dream about her, she turns me down in my dreams as well. WHAT THE f**k BRAIN YOU'RE MEANT TO BE ON MY SIDE.

Edited by Revolver
  • Like 1