Dreams...

Jaffacakes

This particular looking lift has appeared in several of my dreams. It's a vintage looking lift, capsual shaped, red doors and red carpet and gold trims, 10 white buttons and glass windows with gold railing. Anyway, last nights dream I was in a shopping centre and this lift appeared. I got in to go to the 6th floor but everytime this lift has appeared in a dream, it never works right. To get to any floor you have to go to the 10th floor then down to which ever you wanted to, and when it goes down it doesn't stop in line with the floor, it always stops a little lower so when the door opens I have to climb a small ledge to get onto the correct floor.

This lift is really mysterious to me, never been in one like that in real life. Might have seen it somewhere, in a film or game perhaps but I can't remember, it was also tiny and only fitted one person at a time.

Edited by weirdoku

• 1 year later...

Bizarre dream update from last night. basic jist of it was there was an invention show on and I was trying to get there on time as JD and Sam Nichols were both making the journey up. Ended up up having loads of jobs which kept delaying me and by the time I got there Sam was long gone and JD was just jumping onto his moped ready for the long ride home so we had time for a quick hello and shake hands then I went home to my dads.

This particular looking lift has appeared in several of my dreams. It's a vintage looking lift, capsual shaped, red doors and red carpet and gold trims, 10 white buttons and glass windows with gold railing. Anyway, last nights dream I was in a shopping centre and this lift appeared. I got in to go to the 6th floor but everytime this lift has appeared in a dream, it never works right. To get to any floor you have to go to the 10th floor then down to which ever you wanted to, and when it goes down it doesn't stop in line with the floor, it always stops a little lower so when the door opens I have to climb a small ledge to get onto the correct floor.

This lift is really mysterious to me, never been in one like that in real life. Might have seen it somewhere, in a film or game perhaps but I can't remember, it was also tiny and only fitted one person at a time.

I find this sort of thing extremey interesting. It's pretty clear that the lift is a metaphor for something in your life.

I don't know anything about what's going on in your life, but here is what my intrepetation is;

You have a problem in your life. The lift, which we use for short distance transport, symbolises the road towards that problem. Your problem is probably something close to you, or something that is happpening short term. It could also be something completely different based on your personal experiences in malls or lifts.

The goal you want to achieve (solution to your problem) is the 6th floor. But the problem is probably something you can't face head on, that why you have to navigate in such a clunky way, first going to the 10th floor. When you finally reach the goal there is an extra hurdle to overcome, hence the lift not being lowered properly.

I feel like one crazy spiritual people right now :P But it's true that dreams are always related to real life things and that they spreak in images alot.

• 2 weeks later...

i dreamt about a trial bike. It was a modStock. by tha i mean it was like a mod, but in 26 inch, with a curved frame, and 26 inch front wheel, but the backwheel was like in mods, smaller with fat tryre. It was very-very light( by feeling only a some kg-s only) and i was a god doing stunts on the front wheel.... ohh, dreams....

I dont regularly have them, but I used to convince myself what I could do in my dreams on a bike, I could do for real.

It was like a year or two ago.
I had a dream I was in Leeds and there was a gap to front I'd been wanting for ages, and I got it like 5 times.
Woke up, went to leeds that same day as planned and tried said gap to front.

Came out of it with two cut shins, a bruised knee and a big bruise on my chest and forehead where Id hit the bars.

Had another weird one last night, I know there were some native americans in it but that will be from watching an episode of the x files when I was in bed about some. Anyway, the basic jist of it involved me and my cousin in the next village in the evening and we needed to get home so we used these new hover things he had. They looked like a car wheel but you sunk your arse in the middle then basically paddled the air with your hands to get going and hovered along. We went along the road all the way to the village I used to live in and stopped outside the pub up the road. I then left him too it as I had to get home and then I woke up.

Two nights in a row now I've had dreams about being in crashing aeroplanes, first one was in a commercial jet and it crashed and I died, the second I was in a light aircraft and it got into difficulties but made a decent crash landing and everyone survived. Neither dreams were upsetting and neither had a hint of panic (even though everyone else was). It was a very calm feeling, like I accepted I was going to die and just thought nothing else of it.

I'm also learning nose manuals at the moment and I often have a nose manual dream (despite never having a normal manual dream). I then wake up and get annoyed when I remember I suck. (same goes for tailwhip and barspin dreams)

Another one for the nose manual dreams. Though mine are always realistic, like i'm just sessioning somewhere like a car park and i do slow short ones, which is just plain dumb as i used to have them somewhat.

Last night was the first time i dreamt of Halo, i was a spartan, haha. It had riding bikes previous to that and i finished up running around my old school from zombies. f**king zombie dreams, every month i have one. Sometimes scary, others not.

• Like 1

Another one for the nose manual dreams. Though mine are always realistic, like i'm just sessioning somewhere like a car park and i do slow short ones, which is just plain dumb as i used to have them somewhat.

Last night was the first time i dreamt of Halo, i was a spartan, haha. It had riding bikes previous to that and i finished up running around my old school from zombies. f**king zombie dreams, every month i have one. Sometimes scary, others not.

Trust you to dream about halo nick

It genuinely depends on how you sleep.

Do you always sleep until you wake up or do you use an alarm?

They say sleep is in cycles, if you break a cycle I find I wake up and recall dreaming, whereas if I just wake up naturally I don't always seem to dream.

The trippy bit of dreams is that everyone does it, but you don't always remember it, it gets wiped from your memory, so even though you don't remember dreaming, you probably still did.

It genuinely depends on how you sleep.

Do you always sleep until you wake up or do you use an alarm?

They say sleep is in cycles, if you break a cycle I find I wake up and recall dreaming, whereas if I just wake up naturally I don't always seem to dream.

The trippy bit of dreams is that everyone does it, but you don't always remember it, it gets wiped from your memory, so even though you don't remember dreaming, you probably still did.

the cool thing about dreams is that anything is possible and the detail you see it in is just amazing, i love dreams some crazy shit happens.

the cool thing about dreams is that anything is possible and the detail you see it in is just amazing, i love dreams some crazy shit happens.

Now here's an even more funny thing about what you said. Brains are incredibly good at filling in details. That's why optical illusions work, and that's why, to kids, shadows might be monsters.

If you pay really close attention to your dreams you'll notice your brain is only doing that.

Have you ever seen something, thought, 'it looks a bit like this thing!' and then the next time you look it looks more like it?

One of the coolest examples is when you find text or mechanical things in your dreams. Text, even if you concentrate really hard, always moves about and turns out to be gobbledegook. And mechanical objects, well, you turn a doorknob or a steering wheel and your brain knows what should happen, but if you look really closely, it's not really working properly, it's simply expectation being followed through.

Text is the biggest clue for me for making me realise I'm dreaming. Sometimes you can have some fun when this happens but you might notice the dream becomes really unstable. You'll see what I mean. Lately though, if I see text shifting around I simply think 'Oh, it's a dream.' and I keep on dreaming normally, going with the flow.

• Like 3