Because - Mod And Stock Frames

JonMack

Again dont know why people are slating them. Got my stock frame today £145 from tarty, and i can honestly say the welding and construction looks pretty neat. The price is in the name its so ''simple'' nothing fancy, got a top tube down tube stays etc and thats it , job done. And about all this chainstay crap ... until someone who actually rides one snaps there stays .... who hasnt mashed it constantly doing sidehops you cant really coment. Seems like people are very quick to slate cheap frames or ones which are not made by a big brand. Rant over :)

Ok so I´ve been playing around in photoshop, and now I think I get it about the short seat tube. Will a "normal" sized saddle fit, at low height like this? Notice that I´ve added a short tube on the existing one. Maybe the saddle must have the same height as the Echo Pure has, letting the rearwheel able to spin? Suppose the saddle on the Because bike will fit, at that low height, will you be able to sit on it, or is it too low?

large_gulegreen8.jpg

so again - whats the point of the seat that low ? you cant sit on it ? and it looks f**king stupid. and to get the wheel to go round you will probably need to have a long ass seatpost anyway ...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

I think the 26" Street frame looks very nice. What do you think is bad with it? If it´s similar to the Echo Pure 04, isn´t that just a good thing?

Im having a GU LE now, and I think its a bit too long for me, I can´t do proper bunnyhops. Maybe it´s because of the length of it? WB is 1080mm. So what im looking for is a shorter frame and I think the Because street frame looks cool. (WB: 1065MM) (I have no problems with a saddle)

You can't bunnyhop it because the bb is too f*cking high. Get something lower and shorter and you'll be set. Do keep reach in mind when choosing a frame...

Yep thats correct, I can´t bunnyhop it very well, but of course other people can... I can bunnyhop quite high with my MTB standard bike! I guess it´s because I get more power because the handlebars are closer my body? Or maybe its the BB? This is why im after a shorter frame... Short version of these frames maybe helps me? Adamant A1, Echo Control, and Zoo Pitbull. Spec for the Pitbull:

Specifications:

WheelBase: 1060mm(short), 1090mm(Long) WheelBase

Chainstay: 385mm(short), 380mm(long)

Bottom Bracket Rise 10mm(short), 20mm(Long)

Distance from BB shell to Headtube 660mm(short), 670mm(Long)

Again dont know why people are slating them. Got my stock frame today £145 from tarty, and i can honestly say the welding and construction looks pretty neat. The price is in the name its so ''simple'' nothing fancy, got a top tube down tube stays etc and thats it , job done. And about all this chainstay crap ... until someone who actually rides one snaps there stays .... who hasnt mashed it constantly doing sidehops you cant really coment. Seems like people are very quick to slate cheap frames or ones which are not made by a big brand. Rant over :)

i agree with that guy, i think the mod looks smart and i would consider one myself. dont see why you slate a new frame, without even so much as seeing one in life or riding one. suppose its just opinion at the end of the day.

Edited by James Shields