Inspired Fourplay Vs 24uk

Scott Gibbs

Howdy y'all i just moved up from new members. But to my question I find myself in the position to purchase a new frame, and have decide on the 24" genere. So i have narrowed my choice to these 2 frames. The inspired fourplay and the heatsink 24 uk.

Inspired fourplay pros. Looks great , simple clean lines, very popular, can take serious abuse,

inspired fourplay cons. No disc mount on the rear, higher bb than the 24uk, price.

24uk pros. Cheaper than the inspired, rear disc mount.

24uk cons. Looks, unknown quality,

I would appreciate all in put on this subject as im very much stuck on this one! Thanks guys.

The higher BB on the fourplay is hardly a con. It is barely high at all when you ride it, and it can only help to make ordinary trials easier on it. However, it doesn't compromise its street ability, either.

A 24" bike needs a certain BB rise (15mm?) in order to be equal to a BB height of 0mm on a 26" bike.

Howdy - nice work on the validation (Y)

The two frames you've mentioned have fairly different geometry - both feel great, but are better suited to different styles/riders.

Being shorter and lower, the 24uk is better suited to more parky riding or shorter riders - I found mine extremely nimble in park situations but a little too short for more 'trialsy' stuff.

I'm now on an Inspired, which feels a whole heap more comfortable to me at 6' and is much more suited to slowing things down a little, whilst still holding its own in park and street situations. I feel so at home on the Fourplay it's unreal, and I'd highly recommend that you seriously consider one. It's the most playful bike I've ever owned and is a great all-round rig as I'm sure many people will agree.

Out of the two I'd take the Inspired every time, but if you're shorter or coming from a more BMX edge then the 24uk may be a little more up your street - I know Chris (El Cristoff) love's his 24uk and much prefers it to the Fourplay he had before

Howdy - nice work on the validation (Y)

The two frames you've mentioned have fairly different geometry - both feel great, but are better suited to different styles/riders.

Being shorter and lower, the 24uk is better suited to more parky riding or shorter riders - I found mine extremely nimble in park situations but a little too short for more 'trialsy' stuff.

I'm now on an Inspired, which feels a whole heap more comfortable to me at 6' and is much more suited to slowing things down a little, whilst still holding its own in park and street situations. I feel so at home on the Fourplay it's unreal, and I'd highly recommend that you seriously consider one. It's the most playful bike I've ever owned and is a great all-round rig as I'm sure many people will agree.

Out of the two I'd take the Inspired every time, but if you're shorter or coming from a more BMX edge then the 24uk may be a little more up your street - I know Chris (El Cristoff) love's his 24uk and much prefers it to the Fourplay he had before

I have never ridden or owned a bmx! Lol i come from a street riding style on a single speed hardtail with one brake so i guess i have a bmx influence in my riding. As for the high bb comment it was when i bought a monty urban a few years ago and the high bb felt so alien to me and very uncomfortable so i would of thought the inspired would feel the same! But everyone seems to prefer the fourplay! I do like it and my mate suggested that would be the best choice. And im trying to work out the set up and build too! Was thinkin of using a singlespeed dirt jump hub on the back would that be a good choice?

You could choose a marino custom frame? They're cheap, and you can set your own geo up so you can make it to how you want :)

Who are marino? If they mate custom frames i might be interested in that if they are a reasonable price? Any info?

Marino frames are made in Peru. They are custom steel frames so you can order it in whatever geo suits you. There are a few people on the forum with Marino frames and the frames are getting good reviews. Shipping isn't too bad considering it has to come from Peru. Custom frames are $120 and shipping is $65-105. If you know someone else looking for a new frame, if they got a Marino frame you could split the shipping.

Hope this helps dude (Y)

Steve

EDIT: heres the link to the Marino bikes website. LINK

Edited by I-LikeMatchesDerFun

It's got to be the Inspired (Y) I bet you didn't expect me to say that, but it's true! You can read why here

I'm very proud of the 24UK frame since alot of hard work has gone into packing it with features since 2005. It's a very popular and proven frame which has really helped popularise the 24" movement since its inception.

david.jpg

The 24UK

Some exciting exclusive news: A small number of Mk3 frames are coming into the UK this week which exhibit the latest tweaks and improvements after pouring over in great detail all rider feedback on the Mk2. These frames are all spoken for, and I wish I could have built up a big stock ready to buy, but it wasn't possible at this moment in time! Photos coming within 1 week from now.

So be sure to buy an Inspired, but don't forget to arm it with some Heatsink CNC Magura backings for the perfect finishing touch! ;)

Steve

Well heres a vote for the 24UK's (Y)

Steves done a great job designing these - i purely got one due to it having the 3 different brake mounts, but god it rides nice! I usually ride my long Zoo! Pitbull (wheelbase 1100) and im still comfy getting on this 24" :) bunny hops so effortlessly, and as mentioned by Luke i think spins are very easy. I'm not a master at manuels (yet :P) but im getting there slowly on the 24UK..

I see nothing wrong with the Inspireds, they look like lovely bikes, but the 24UK's are great too.

It's got to be the Inspired (Y) I bet you didn't expect me to say that, but it's true! You can read why here

I'm very proud of the 24UK frame since alot of hard work has gone into packing it with features since 2005. It's a very popular and proven frame which has really helped popularise the 24" movement since its inception.

david.jpg

The 24UK

Some exciting exclusive news: A small number of Mk3 frames are coming into the UK this week which exhibit the latest tweaks and improvements after pouring over in great detail all rider feedback on the Mk2. These frames are all spoken for, and I wish I could have built up a big stock ready to buy, but it wasn't possible at this moment in time! Photos coming within 1 week from now.

So be sure to buy an Inspired, but don't forget to arm it with some Heatsink CNC Magura backings for the perfect finishing touch! ;)

Steve

ah mr spurgeon we meet again! I emailed u a while ago about the gold coust pads. Anyway how comes u reccomend the fourplay over your own creation? So whats new on the mk3 over the mk2?

Well i made the decision now its gotta be the inspired fourplay! Just got to decide what colour! Lol. So im looking forward to getting the inspired now i cant wait till i gets my dollar! And any suggestions on brake set up would be good obviously magura out back with some heatsink pads ( cnc cousts) but up front undecided! Not a hope though they are gash imo! Maybe a magura louise. Or a hayes stroker trail, any thoughts?

I don't think I'd consider anything other than hope if I'm honest..

Same. Also for the rear, consider Phat Pads on a smooth rim. I'm running it on my Inspired at the mo and it works exactly how I want; modulation and not too grabby for manuals when you don't want grab but then holds like a mofo when you actually want it to lock. Spot on in my opinion.

What's your opinion based on? Had a bad experience with hope?

I don't think I'd consider anything other than hope if I'm honest..

had several bad experiences with hope brakes! My mini decided to spit the dummy out at fort william @ nearly 40mph just as i wanted to slow for a rather large drop! My original hope mono trials was ok for the 1st 2or3 weeks then just went poo. And i have and m4 thats fine as long as u dont want to use it! I would prefer to use other brakes as im not overly keen on hope.

ah mr spurgeon we meet again! I emailed u a while ago about the gold coust pads. Anyway how comes u reccomend the fourplay over your own creation? So whats new on the mk3 over the mk2?

Hello again!

To my eye the Inspired looks a well designed frame (Y) You won't go wrong with it (Y) Naturally I've put my full heart into designing the 24UK, but the supply isn't there at the moment. It's just great to have more riders getting into 24" bikes, and hopefully acknowledging the support from HSB for 24" and popping some of my components on their builds!

I can't see the 24UK being available for the rest of 2009, but the latest version has the following changes:

• Looses the long downtube gusset at the BB - Riders didn't think it was needed so away it goes to improve looks and weight
  • Geometry tweaked to closely match the Inspired - Keep it simple for riders!
  • Longer seat tube and changed angle - So all types of seats can be easily slammed whilst the saddle is at the perfect height for occasionally perching on.
  • Cable mounts under the top tube changed from ones where the hose clips in at an angle to ones that you can use the zip ties or plastic clips - For improved hose retention (especially at the front for bar spins).

It still keeps the 3x rear brake option: Disc/ Magura on the top/Vee on the bottom of the seat stays.

Built in rear booster stamped with 24UK.

I was considering burgundy for my 26" frame. The paint is ready to go, but I'm wondering whether a lighter colour will be better. Hmmm. Always a hard choice!

Looking forward to seeing your new build!

Steve

Hello again!

To my eye the Inspired looks a well designed frame (Y) You won't go wrong with it (Y) Naturally I've put my full heart into designing the 24UK, but the supply isn't there at the moment. It's just great to have more riders getting into 24" bikes, and hopefully acknowledging the support from HSB for 24" and popping some of my components on their builds!

I can't see the 24UK being available for the rest of 2009, but the latest version has the following changes:

• Looses the long downtube gusset at the BB - Riders didn't think it was needed so away it goes to improve looks and weight
  • Geometry tweaked to closely match the Inspired - Keep it simple for riders!
  • Longer seat tube and changed angle - So all types of seats can be easily slammed whilst the saddle is at the perfect height for occasionally perching on.
  • Cable mounts under the top tube changed from ones where the hose clips in at an angle to ones that you can use the zip ties or plastic clips - For improved hose retention (especially at the front for bar spins).

It still keeps the 3x rear brake option: Disc/ Magura on the top/Vee on the bottom of the seat stays.

Built in rear booster stamped with 24UK.

I was considering burgundy for my 26" frame. The paint is ready to go, but I'm wondering whether a lighter colour will be better. Hmmm. Always a hard choice!

Looking forward to seeing your new build!

Steve

I appreciate your honesty steve some folk would steer people towards their product regardless. Im Gunna take the leap and get the fourplay:) i will however include some of your parts, some coust cnc pads and possibly a cloud 9 kit if can afford some middleburns! It may take a while i have a limited budget on this one:( but hey it will be worth it! Colour wise i want my wee bike to stand out abit just to give it my own stamp. Thanks guys.

Well i have been thinking over this all afternoon the spec of what im Gunna build it up with.

Frame. Inspired fourplay

forks. Onza wise guy

wheels. Halo tornado rims on halo hubs

tyres. Maxxis hollyrollers 2.4

front brake. Magura louise

rear brake. Magura hs33

cranks. Trialtech forged

bashring. Trialtech twin ring

bars. Gusset open prison 3"

stem. Gusset lil sod bmx stem

pedals. Dmr v8

saddle. Inspired pivotal

seatsort inspired pivotal

headset. Fsa pig dh

18:12 gearing. Whats the thoughts on this spec guys?