Inspired Fourplay Vs 24uk

Scott Gibbs

Sorry to go back to frame geo but whats the seat tube angle on an inspired fourplay? Ive been looking at the marino bike builds on the bike pictures section and i must admit the quality of them looks really good! Im a qualified welder and to my eye the look good, clean and strong, im tempted by one of their custom builds now! (i know i said i would get an inspired!) whats peoples experiences with them?

Don't put trials bars on a 24''. Bearing in mind they're set-up for mainly being on the back wheel i personally don't think they suit 24''s too well.......if you ride one in a more streety style. Get some azonics or eastons with a good amount of rise and some backsweep and they'll feel great. I've got some Deity 2014 bars on mine and they feel great. They're 28'' wide so plenty for trialy stuff but they are beautiful for stret riding.

I've recently alterred mine and pulled them back a bit and its made the bike a lot more fun to ride and hasn't compromised back wheel stuff too much. Don't have forward facing bars on a 24'' it just will not help when you want to bunnyhop and do anything at speed. I really think a more traditional bar set-up works a lot better.

Echo TR.........why pay all that money over a Mag? I can't think of one reason!

Link to deity bars: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11383

Edited by Matthew62

Don't put trials bars on a 24''. Bearing in mind they're set-up for mainly being on the back wheel i personally don't think they suit 24''s too well.......if you ride one in a more streety style. Get some azonics or eastons with a good amount of rise and some backsweep and they'll feel great. I've got some Deity 2014 bars on mine and they feel great. They're 28'' wide so plenty for trialy stuff but they are beautiful for stret riding.

I've recently alterred mine and pulled them back a bit and its made the bike a lot more fun to ride and hasn't compromised back wheel stuff too much. Don't have forward facing bars on a 24'' it just will not help when you want to bunnyhop and do anything at speed. I really think a more traditional bar set-up works a lot better.

Echo TR.........why pay all that money over a Mag? I can't think of one reason!

Link to deity bars: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11383

You reckon deity bars are good? I never heard of them before to be honest! But ill have a look at em' i do really like those chequered azonics they look awesome! As for the echo i think its bout 18 quid more than a maggy but i just really liked the look of them! Lol cheers for the advice mate.

I reckon the Deity's are awesome - thats why i run them. I've seen a few inspired's and a leeson or two with them. They're great an available in 31.8 clamp. I've just not heard enough good things about the deng brakes to warrent buying one. Seem like a lot of trouble for no added braking performance. Also i like to keep my Inspired deng free!

WTF does deng mean!!!! Any way cheers for the advice on bars! The brake set up is pissing me off! I dont know where to start! Disc up front but i dont know weather to go avid bb7 or hydraulic. Same at the back v-brake or hydraulic rim brake! Grrr doin my nut im an indecisive bugger at the best of times! Sorry if im gettin on people's tits!

WTF does deng mean!!!! Any way cheers for the advice on bars! The brake set up is pissing me off! I dont know where to start! Disc up front but i dont know weather to go avid bb7 or hydraulic. Same at the back v-brake or hydraulic rim brake! Grrr doin my nut im an indecisive bugger at the best of times! Sorry if im gettin on people's tits!

so much less hassle with a vee, You dont need to worry about bleeding it, you wont snap the cross over etc etc. Also if your a weight weenie the vee will be stupidly light compared to any hydraulic rim brake. get a bb7 on front there powerful if theyre set up good.

I'd be tempted by a V on the back - more streety and would be fun to try. The only reason i don't is that i have a perfectly good magura and dont want the expense of swithching when my current brake works. I've never tried a BB7 but i use a hope mono trial on the front of my Inspired and i'm very happy with it. Remember with a 24'' you want a brake that is more than just an on-off and the mono trial has good modulation which is useful for front wheels rolling moves, but it'll lock up when you want.

Also this may sound silly, but the BB7 looks shit compared to the mono trial, but thats just an aesthetic point. The hope is easy to bleed and has self adjusting pads which you might find useful, but of course its more expensive. Either go for a full hydo set-up or go all out cable....the choice is yous. but dont buy an echo brake. Its not better than a magura, its more expensive than a magura and it is more problematic then a magura....i.e. theres no upside!

so much less hassle with a vee, You dont need to worry about bleeding it, you wont snap the cross over etc etc. Also if your a weight weenie the vee will be stupidly light compared to any hydraulic rim brake. get a bb7 on front there powerful if theyre set up good.

To be honest im not convinced if a v will be enuff! I dont have loads of money for shimano xtr's or avid ultimates! I have been told bb7 are powerfull but dunno what modulation and feel are like? Im not to keen on ripping shit out of my rims with a grinder either! The only thing im set on are pads im goin with heatsink coust's

Im thinking about giving hope's another go cuz i have had 3 and all of them have been crap. But so many other riders use them so i might of just been unlucky! My 1st hope mono trials was gorgeous to begin with but after about 3 weeks it went crap and never recovered.

Bit long for my liking. I think it looks too stretched, but it would definetly a bit different to the Inspired generation. I still think the K-124 GoodBoy looks good, shame they're not readily available.

With the brakes again, i've just never ever liked the feel of a cable disc - for me they don't have the feel im after, they may well be very powerful but i'd rather a brake i can modulate. Try the yabbaa, it is probably better for more traditonal trials then an Inspired and you can mess around with different sized wheels!

Whats a k124 good boi? Nah im Gunna stick with gettin a fourplay just because ill ride more street than regular trials! After i have the inspired built and have it running ill get a zoo modstock next year for regular trials. Besides the yaabaa is way too long 4 street!

At the moment, it's a prototype, steel, silly short back end (i nearly looped out several times when I rode it), horizontal dropouts, it's pretty fresh!

Was used by Phil Feeney briefly, now been passed on to Joel Bennett, he's been riding it like a machine!!! They're gonna be well worth the dollar if/ when they get released...

I'll try and dig out some pictures. Re; the Yaabaa, it looks sweet but in my opinion, about 40mm too long if memory serves me correctly :(

Whats a k124 good boi? Nah im Gunna stick with gettin a fourplay just because ill ride more street than regular trials! After i have the inspired built and have it running ill get a zoo modstock next year for regular trials. Besides the yaabaa is way too long 4 street!

I used to think that, that i'd like a stock for more normal trials, then i realised that i've never enjoyed riding trials so much as on my Inspired. I used to have miserable rides on my Koxx stock and i never want to ride like that - so boring. Just got in from a street ride after whacking a shorter stem on my Inspired and i am more than sure i certainly don't want another trials bike. I ride trials better on my Inspired than my old Koxx yet the wonderful world of street is open to me.....and thats more fun than any trials riding i've done!