Inspired Fourplay Vs 24uk

Scott Gibbs

Mate, what seat post is that? Angled isnt it? Echo Urbans up front?

I replied to a guy about his Urbans and Mono Trial but hasnt gotten back to me :(

Im just not having a good run with all this hey lol

Wes just stick with the louise if it works keep it !

It could be any colour/s by then, you'll just have to wait and see!

Mate, what seat post is that? Angled isnt it? Echo Urbans up front?

I replied to a guy about his Urbans and Mono Trial but hasnt gotten back to me :(

Im just not having a good run with all this hey lol

The seat's a Shadow Slim, pretty much flat on the post so just the lean of the seat tube for angle. Comfy as hell, but I'm considering going Pivotal if you fancy it :P

The forks are Ashtons with the 26" mount ground off, Ultimates all round for utter brake glory!

Wes just stick with the louise if it works keep it !

I would mate as Ive just got them back to new working order (after the previous owner drowned them in WD-40-on purpose)...I know....I know *shakes head in disappointment*

The one main thing Im against with the Louise, is the lack of caliper mounting adjustment.

My Avid Juicy 7's on my Marin Mount Vision are completely adjustable in each and every way. Theyre such brilliant brakes. Im actually considering getting a set for the front.

You can move them in, out, up, down, left and right. You wont ever have them pads touching the disc unless the disc is badly warped as a result.

The pads are spring loaded open, the Louise are not.

I havent had a good long ride with the Hope Mono Trials yet, but as Ive said (and knowing theyre really expensive) theyre cheaper than back home and I can save on importing if I buy them now and take them back with me in my luggage

I was chasing a second hand Mono trial and Echo Urban fork from a seller, but as Ive said, havent heard back from him which is a shame as its what Im after.

Id really like some Trialtech Sport forks, but no one has them either in stock or second hand as far as Im aware :(

It could be any colour/s by then, you'll just have to wait and see!

The seat's a Shadow Slim, pretty much flat on the post so just the lean of the seat tube for angle. Comfy as hell, but I'm considering going Pivotal if you fancy it :P

The forks are Ashtons with the 26" mount ground off, Ultimates all round for utter brake glory!

If its light enough and cheap enough I might ;) The main areas of money focus - of course- is the BB, stem, wheels/tyres, forks & front brakes.

From the Onza Im taking the HS33 over, the cranks, have some pedals lined up back home, have some bars and stem here (but the stem is a DH one and I possibly have other options from a new friend back home who's in trials) seat post (maybe take it with me? Who knows) and thats about it!

The rest is for sale. Ive just put pics up on it here:

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=137095

Still need to put up front rim pics which Im taking now

Seat's 300g, plus a tiny post (100mm long, could easily go a tad shorter and be drilled if that's the aim of the game). Post has marks from fitting, seat is as new, never scuffed, landed on or dirtied. Also got that 90*15 stem spare still if it's any use.

If you're not looking to spend much, why not keep your current BB/fork/front brake? It'd save looking around so much and spending the dosh too

Seat's 300g, plus a tiny post (100mm long, could easily go a tad shorter and be drilled if that's the aim of the game). Post has marks from fitting, seat is as new, never scuffed, landed on or dirtied. Also got that 90*15 stem spare still if it's any use.

If you're not looking to spend much, why not keep your current BB/fork/front brake? It'd save looking around so much and spending the dosh too

Very true mate. Im interested in the stem and seat. Let me find out what it looks like on tarty.

Thing is, it again, comes down to importing. I need to source the gear I need later, now, so in the long run Im saving money.

Looking to be getting engaged this year, then married early next year, then will be attempting to save for Canada, God willing, and want to take the bike with me.

Its best I get what I need now as I know its simply not going to happen later and the choices we have for gear in Aus is greatly reduced and more costly.

For some outstanding reasons its better to be in Aus, for others, its not due to how the trials scene is nearly non-existant. Especially in Perth anyway. Maybe I can get it kicked off though if I keep practicing ;)

Very true mate. Im interested in the stem and seat. Let me find out what it looks like on tarty.

Thing is, it again, comes down to importing. I need to source the gear I need later, now, so in the long run Im saving money.

Won't find it on Tarty, but if you check out Pijin (BMX store) you should be able to track it down

Cunning use of bog roll stand:

Popped a few more over to your email address (Y)

If you don't end up shifting/rebuying a BB, fork and front brake at least you'll already have them to throw in your luggage and take back down under with you for the new build

2008_02_07_great_success.jpg

Won't find it on Tarty, but if you check out Pijin (BMX store) you should be able to track it down

Cunning use of bog roll stand:

Popped a few more over to your email address (Y)

If you don't end up shifting/rebuying a BB, fork and front brake at least you'll already have them to throw in your luggage and take back down under with you for the new build

2008_02_07_great_success.jpg

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA you crack me up all the time mate. Love the use of pictures to help what youre saying LOL

Great success lol

I'll buy a BB, thats ok as its something id never buy used. Likewise a headset. Those two components I will always buy new so I know how old they are and what theyve been through in their life of my riding.

Front brake....if i cant get the mono trial im chasin from a dude on here and his Echo front forks, then I'll just have to wheelie everywhere till I get a new set from Tarty. Awkward I know. Hard to endo properly!

Thanks for the email, will check later today. I HAVE to sleep now, this is crazy that Im up at nearly 4am. Its the same ive been doing all week and I just feel terrible which more than likely helped cause the poo that happened earlier today. Not cool.

Good use of bog roll, yes, I agree. You need to be resourceful. You'd survive the aussie outback (Y):P

n193109674_37730298_2404140.jpg

Ah man, i miss the green machine (it was still blue under the chainstay protector, 20 minute spray jobs rule (Y) )

Yeah, just get some paint, it's what it's all about, i'm onto my 3rd colour scheme in just over the same amount of months, winner. I think raw is next on the agenda :shifty:

[my] memory serves me correctly (Y)

Boy done good! Heatsink red/CNC on the back, Avid blacks front, Odyssey linears and SD7 levers all round. I've not tried any of the other HS compounds other than the cousts which were excellent pads on both a light dead grind and a smooth rim, little noisy for my liking though!

If you go down the Shimano arms route, steer clear of the parallel-push designs. They tend to die fairly quickly with trials use. I think the XTRs have it, but if you go for the XTs I believe they're 'normal' and a bit slimmer too, though I'm not 100% so check it out before you buy (Y)

The SLX brakes are around £60/70 yeah? For that you could snap up a Mono Trial or full BB7 setup second hand but in decent condition, which'd probably offer a little more trialsyness if you wanted it. That said, I'd imagine for street use it'd do the job pretty nicely.

Yeah the xtr's are parallel push as are the xt's i had one on my monty urban. My brother in law has shimano slx discs on 203mm disc on his giant xc bike i had a little ride on that and the brakes were fantastic! Good power and lever feel they felt really progressive too. I would like a avid ultimate set up for the back but they are more than the xtr. Whats ur experiences with em? Also yeah i dont really want a noisy brake either well not too noisy! :D

I absolutely LOVE my Ultimates. I don't really ride in the wet, so I don't need any more performance from them at all - they're plenty good enough for dry/damp conditions. I got them both second hand, getting both sets of arms for under £50 posted as the front needed the bearings replacing. That cost me £4 or so and about 10 minutes - it was really easy and the brake was as new after that. I know Ali C had some issues replacing bearings before though, I can't remember the specifics.

If you can find one second hand (they tend to go for around £35/40 for a set of arms) then I'd highly recommend them, though other people run other setups (the Shimanos, for example) without any problems too. As with most brakes a decent setup and a little attention to detail (lube the cables well before fitting etc) will give you sweet performance on any half-decent kit.

Erm i was think black. But i do have a wee thing for the hope team parts. So the rear hub is getting bought. But mostly black with some green parts dashed about i.e pedals, brake levers....anything else haha.

Hey cetfly have u had any luck with that frame yet buddy?

Cant believe it. He sold it to someone else for 220 when he offered it to me - posted- for 185 which I agreed to. Not cool, not cool at all.

No emails, no replies, NOTHING at all.

I wouldve bought it for 220 or a bit more anyway as it saves me money from a new frame which Im now forced to buy.

He wouldve made more from me with the extra parts I was chasing but now I cant even trust him to reply so will look elsewhere. He's missing out on more sales due to this which is his own doing

He just chickened out and didnt even want to talk with me about money as he felt worried I spose.

He still shoudve, purely out of respect. I was emailing him asking him to let me know what was going on regardless so I can inform Tarty's but he didnt even do that. Not cool, not at all.

Pretty unhappy with the way he's gone about all this as its stuffed me around a hell of a lot and also you now. He hasnt realised - or cared- that it goes down the line and has made other people unhappy.

Edited by † CETFLY †