2 Days Of Trials At Fort William - Uci World Downhill Cup

BikeTrial Federation

The entry form for Round 2 at Fort William on Saturday 6th June and Sunday 7th June was mailed to everyone on our mailing list today.

It is now available on-line from the "Events" page of www.biketrialuk.co.uk. You can either download the form, print it, fill it in and send it off with your cheque, or you can pay with your debit or credit card through the PayPal system then complete your entry form on-line.

Don't miss this excellent venue - there'll be sections suitable for all ages and all abilities - not to mention the UCI World Downhill Cup round going on at the same time - loads of spectators, and loads of trade stands for a really good atmosphere! Your trial competition entry fee includes free entry passes to the bigger event for both you and your minder.

The Saturday is the second round of the British National Trials Cup 2009 with points earned towards the year end title, and on Sunday a one-off one day British National Trials Championship. Both events will be run according to the Biketrial Federation rules and British Cycling will use the results from this event when planning UCI World event entry selection.

Hope to see you all there!

www.biketrialuk.co.uk

PS: Make sure you get your entry form off in good time! Paper entries must be received no later than the closing date (Wednesday 3rd June) as we will be travelling to Scotland the following day so your entry wouldn't be received. On-line entry will be removed on the closing date.

Note: We originally thought that riders on the Sunday would have to be selected from Saturday's winners due to time limitations - re-negotiation means that everyone can now ride on both days.

Not long been back from Fort William where I observed at the SSDT. Took time out to visit the comp site to check that logs, rocks and pipes had been safely stored since last year – all seems OK. Those entering should note that they receive two passes to the whole event. There is plenty going on, if you have never seen a world class 4X its well worth the visit especially when your ticket is included in your entry fee. Below is an outline of activities, please note the word provisional, times may/will vary. There is plenty going on, even free music and entertainment in the town on Saturday night. See you there!

Provisional programme

Thursday 0830 -1100 DHI Course Inspection by UCI

1100 -1200 4X Course Inspection by UCI

1300 -1400 Confirmation – UCI registered Teams only

1400 -1700 Confirmation – All riders

1400 -1600 On Foot DHI Course Inspection -Riders/Teams

1645 – 1815 4X training

Friday 0830 -1430 Downhill Training – all riders

0900 -1100 Final Registration – All riders

1445 -1615 DHI Training only for top 80 Men & Top 20 Women (timed)

1645 – 1815 4X training

1730 Team Manager's Meeting

1830 -1930 4X Qualification

Saturday 0800 Site

0830 Site open to public

0830 -1130 DHI Course open for Training

0900 – 1600 British Trials Competition

1130 -1300 DHI Training only for top 80 Men & Top 20 Women

1000 – 1630 Bike Test

1030 – 1230 Schools XC races

1315 – 1330 Schools XC races prize giving

1400 -1600 World Cup DHI Qualifying

1715 – 1845 4X training

1900 -2000 World Cup 4X – Followed by Awards Ceremony

2030 – 2400 Party in the Fort – Fort William

Sunday

0830 -Site open to public

0900 – 1500 British Trials Competition

0900 – 0930 XC Sprint training

0930 -1200 DHI Course open for Training

1000 – 1400 Bike Test

1215 – 1225 XC Sprint warm-up lap and gridding

1230 -1300 XC Sprint (25 minutes + 2 laps) – followed by XC Sprint awards

1315 -1350 Women’s World Cup DHI Finals

1400 -1604 Men’s World Cup DHI Finals

1615 -1630 Awards Ceremony World Cup DHI

1630 – 1645 Awards Ceremony Trials Event

1730 Team Manager's Meeting

1830 -1930 4X Qualification

Edited by NSE

Looking like an awesome event,

Is the championship round (the one that counts to the whole series) on the saturday? I dont think I can make sunday as I have an exam monday, but thinking of heading up for the saturday.

I think thats a shame about the original plans to have a final type trial on the saturday! in my opinion the uk has been needing competitions like this for a long time. I can only ride saturday anyway! will get my entry of asap!

If I can remember correctly there was a slight problem with minders tickets last year. It's all good and well saying that minders will have tickets but when the person that has the tickets to be "dished out" is floating about inside the event, how are we meant to get a hold of him/her?

These events are run exceptionally well in my experience and I love taking part, the problem with the minders tickets was just a bit of a hiccup that wasted competing time.

Cant wait...

If I can remember correctly there was a slight problem with minders tickets last year. It's all good and well saying that minders will have tickets but when the person that has the tickets to be "dished out" is floating about inside the event, how are we meant to get a hold of him/her?

Hi Ross

Last year we had an official (Chris Walker's dad) stood at the gates until about 10-15 minutes before start time with the entry tickets - sorry if you missed him! This year we are considering actually having the trials signing on outside the main gates in a designated area - still talking to the organisers about it. It should be easier to spot us and get entry tickets sorted.

Will let you know once details are finalised.

Barbara

Already booked up for the weekend. Should be awesome! ^_^

Only really have one concern. Was talking to Ross about this on Sunday... Can you change categories on the day of the competition if you feel the sections are way out your ability? Or is it a case of, once you've piced your class your stuck with that regardless?

That's crap to hear about that Ben :( ... You still heading up, just not taken part?

its looking highly unlikely that ill be around :(. i will be instead practicing to be like the man from the visa adverts.

come on train......du dudd duuuuuu du du

Its awright Ben you can stand with me James (wrist in a cast) Wright, think i may have broken a wee bone hurts like f**k going to get it checked in the morning.

Can you change categories on the day of the competition if you feel the sections are way out your ability? Or is it a case of, once you've piced your class your stuck with that regardless?

You can ride 3 sections, and still change your route ... just come back to control and we'll issue a new punchcard and change the scoreboard - not a problem! The main thing is that you enjoy it!!!

SCOTTISH MUCKERS.............

YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU!!!!!!

Just getting our heads round what we're going to give you this year.

I just want to bring to your attention again that any body who helps to observe gets a weekend pass!!!! so if you were think of going, observe on both days and get in buck she.

I've got the misses coming with me this year for the 1st time, so any local people got any suggestions where I can get rid of her to for 4 days would be much appreciated.

Not long to go now

Fort William high street here we come!!!!!!!!!!

do you get a confirmation email or anything when you enter online :S

If you're paypal payment goes through ok, and your form sends off ok and returns you to the home page, then assume we've got it. I'm running the trial at Addingham on Sunday, once that's over then I'll put together an entry list for Fort William, you'll be able to double-check on there.

Cheers!

SCOTTISH MUCKERS.............

YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU!!!!!!

Just getting our heads round what we're going to give you this year.

I just want to bring to your attention again that any body who helps to observe gets a weekend pass!!!! so if you were think of going, observe on both days and get in buck she.

I've got the misses coming with me this year for the 1st time, so any local people got any suggestions where I can get rid of her to for 4 days would be much appreciated.

Not long to go now

Fort William high street here we come!!!!!!!!!!

:giggle:

Dont worry man, those of us who can make it will be there, either observing, riding or cheering everyone on.

Im looking forward to the sections this year. Every year im pushed to my limits of what I can do on my bike. At the end of the day after riding all the sections so many times im pooped. Not looking forward to trying to ride the next day lol.

As for getting rid of your better half, thats a tough'y. you could walk down Fort Bill high St in 15 minutes, be totally unimpressed the whole time then find the nearest high building to jump off of its that depressing. Unless she is a raging alchaholic then she could spend her time in the couple of pubs they have to offer, or eat at the few fast food places that are usually packed at world cup time.

Ach im painting a bad picture arn't I. Fort William at world cup time is actually quite a lively town with live music and discothèque's at night to boogie on down to...(And guys, the local woman look moderatly no bad if you squint a bit, but if it crosses your mind...just dont go there. Im speaking from experience!!!)

Anyway, back to the trial.

When your setting up the log sections, please make them slip proof!!! Chicken wire and what not. If it rains that section will be deadly! I wish I could ask to do the same with the rocks!. :(

Edited by Ross McArthur

Send her off to climb Ben Nevis? Probably get back just as the trial's finishing on Sunday afternoon :lol:

We're staying up there after the trial for a week - Brian's planning on climbing it on the Monday, I'm going to sit at the bottom and give him a wave :P

Edited by Barbara

:giggle:

Ach im painting a bad picture arn't I. Fort William at world cup time is actually quite a lively town with live music and discothèque's at night to boogie on down to...(And guys, the local woman look moderatly no bad if you squint a bit, but if it crosses your mind...just dont go there. Im speaking from experience!!!)

haha i remember that girl you pulled and you need to do more than squint haha! I shall be doing my entry for the friday tonight hope im not too late!