2 Days Of Trials At Fort William - Uci World Downhill Cup

BikeTrial Federation

Entry lists prepared with those received to date:-

Saturday entries here

Sundry entries here

Can the two people who've paid, but not sent entry forms please contact me? (It's usually the other way round, entered but not paid :lol: )

If there are any more entries to come in, please make sure I receive them before midnight on Wednesday.

As soon as we can confirm how to collect your entry passes it will be posted on www.biketrialuk.co.uk

Entries are still coming in for the event, (not added to entry list yet) but don't forget that it closes at midnight on Wednesday!

I've spent a good part of today talking to the BBC who will be following the Saturday event ... they are currently talking to some of the Elite riders for background information! I understand that the programme will go out on BBC Scotland and on Sky, so great coverage for trials!!!

Mick Scriven and I are leaving early tomorrow on the drive up to Fort William to start section plotting on Thursday morning. It’s refreshing to see such a healthy entry! I am also pleased that the media are at last starting to take notice. I’ve spent some time on the phone talking to the producer explaining the finer points of our sport, this has resulted in the commitment of a full on camera crew with many cameras recording the action.

There is one aspect where all participants and interested parties could help, time after time the same people are called upon to observe – some more assistance in this area would be more than welcome. Remember, all riders and officials receive valuable passes, even packed lunch will be provided. If you are attending the event with or without a rider and wish to help out please contact Barbara and volunteer your assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. See you in Fort William.

Fred.

just a quick one,

how do we get our passes for the event, do we just have to come find you on friday or somthing?

thanks,

rob

o and i cant open the entrie list, it says something about a password?

Edited by robonatomz

Entry list updated again - sorry about the password, think it's removed now.

Entry passes:-

When you approach the entry payment kiosk, you will see an orange "Biketrial" direction sign attached to the barrier at the side of the gates. Follow those biketrial arrows along the outside of the fence until you come to the UK National Biketrial Championship banner attached to the barriers. Control will be at the other side of the fence and a Steward will be present to hand out your entry passes from 9.00am.

Please be aware that parking is usually difficult. Either arrive VERY early in the hope of parking in the car park at the top of the road, OR arrange for someone to be dropped off at the venue with the bikes then go park in the park and ride and catch the bus back to the venue (apparently they don't allow bikes on the buses).

Whatever, give yourself plenty of time to get there.

Saturday Signing on is from 9.00am; pre-trial briefing at 10.15am; trial starts at 10.30am; trial ends at 4.00pm; 4.30pm Danny Macaskill trials display; Trials Award presentations at 5.00pm.

Sunday Signing on is from 9.00am; pre-trial briefing at 10.15am; trial starts at 10.30am; trial ends at 3.00pm; Trials Award presentations at 4.30pm.

Look forward to seeing you all there and hope you all have a great weekend!

As I will not be returning after the event until Friday 12th June, full results will not be available on-line until 13th/14th.

Any more questions, give me a call!

Saturday expert, Aaron Cosby 1st, Adam Bessel 2nd, Tom Rigg 3rd

Aaron took the win as British Champion on Sunday too with only 2 dabs, even after being heckled by the rest of the expert competitors during his sections, "feckin Racks" !!

Well done big yin.

I eneded up joint fourth with Tom Rigg on the Sunday both on 21 but as Tom had 9 clean sections to my 5, I ended up in fifth.

Theres always next year.

Hi everyone

Just got home from a hot and sunny Scotland - many many thanks to everyone for a really great weekend!

Full results are now on-line check them out here and have been sent to British Cycling.

Well done to everyone on Saturday's round 2 of the British Trials Cup series; and particular well done to the 2009 British Trials Champions:-

• Elite 26" British Trials Champion 2009 - Ben Savage
  • Elite 20" British Trials Champion 2009 - Joe Seddon
  • Expert 26" British Trials Champion 2009 - Aaron Cosbey
  • Expert 20" British Trials Champion 2009 - Jack Carthy
  • Cadet British Trials Champion 2009 - Jamie Bew
  • Intermediate British Trials Champion 2009 - Brodie Ferguson
  • Novice British Trials Champion 2009 - Andrew Dorritt
  • Primary British Trials Champion 2009 - Stuart Crayk

Many thanks to all - see you in Blackpool on 12th July - entry forms available very soon.

Just had it confirmed from the BBC ... The transmission date and time is Sunday 28 June at 1900. It is on BBC Scotland which you can access via skybox somewhere in the 900s. The actual time is not finally confirmed until the Radio Times goes to press which is this week. So hopefully there will be no change.

Edited by Barbara

I have spotted a little error on the site :P Im pretty sure Jack Carthy didnt win primary ;)

The whole bottom row is copied from the row above on Round 2 just to point that out :)

But thanks alot for all the organisations of the comp :) I loved the weekend! Thanks!

found out today that i actually came 3rd in elite 20" , got counted wrong on the day!

not bad, not bad seen as i killed my wrist on the second section of the day!, lol shame i missed out on the podium on the day but thanks to the organisers for sorting it out now,

rob