What Would You Do If You Found A Wallet With £10 In It?

alextheferret

What would you do  

110 members have voted

1. 1.

• Keep it
    • leave it
    • Turn it in
  2. 2.

• Leave it
    • take the wallet, not the money
    • hand it in
    • take the money, not the wallet
    • Take the money and the Wallet!

Turn it in, someone else has lost it and I have done that myself so know how shitty it is, and how good it feels when you find out someone else has handed it in

Also if you hand it in to police and the owner doesn't claim within 28 days (I think its 28 days), then its yours.

Frooty

Turn it in <reason>

Frooty

agree with you, but if I just realised I'd lost my wallet I wouldn't go the police station, Id try and find it myself, which made me say leave the wallet, but take the money

The good guy in me says I would hand the wallet + money in.

In reality I'd probably keep the £10.

Either way i'd hand the wallet in, it's such a massive relief to get your wallet back! This is assuming said wallet contains cards, licences, photo's and other such treasure, otherwise I wouldn't bother at all, I'd keep the money and bin the wallet probably!

Wouldn't worry about returning 10 quid if I couldn't find the owner. Obviously if there were documents inside the wallet helping me to identify the owner, I'd return it to him as it was found with everything inside.

Edited by Greetings

how about this, not speaking fom experience, honest!

you find a wallet on the floor, you take the wallet and the money. Later on in the day you see a close friend who thinks alot of you, knows that you wouldnt steal or anything they say to you "Ive lost my wallet!", what do you do?

I'd like to think that if I lost my wallet with all my ID's in then there was some integrity left in humanity an it'd get handed in, which is why I'd hand in anything that didn't belong to me. Including any money, it's not mine.

Don't forget if you've got at least a name on a bankcard in your wallet there's no reason it wont find your way back to you if it gets handed in to a po po station.

If it's just a wallet with £10 in chances are it wouldn't be searched for by the owner anyway, so I'd turn it in and I'd probably end up with it myself - guilt free.

I found £10 on the floor the other day, paid for lunch.

They lost it, I found it - job done.

Now, had it been a wallet with money in, I would have handed it into the train station office. Money on the floor though.. mine mine mine. :P

I found a wallet with a pass port and driving licence oh and money it had £30 and some change i got £11 out of it a freind who found it got £20 and gave the rest to his younger bother like £3 lol. The pasport and driving licence we gave in, we couldnt have done anything with it to be honest we was only 12 and a bit older.

I found a wallet with a pass port and driving licence oh and money it had £30 and some change i got £11 out of it a freind who found it got £20 and gave the rest to his younger bother like £3 lol. The pasport and driving licence we gave in, we couldnt have done anything with it to be honest we was only 12 and a bit older.

If it's got ID in it, why not just hang it in WITH money in? :huh:

I lost my wallet at Reading festival last year it had £10 in plus my bank card and id. Next day I got my wallet handed in, the £10 was missing however. If the person who found it took the £10 then handed it in to be honest I didnt care the fact I got it back was great. However if someone took the money dropped the wallet then someone else handed it in id be annoyed. Dont suppose ill ever find out now but still.

If I found it id hand it all in. Just think how you would feel in the situation.