Mac Vs Pc

that NBR dude

Mac or PC?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have the Mac or the PC?

• Mac
    • PC

I'd suggest maybe sticking with vista for a while, XP64 isn't great and isn't all that well supported. It's more of a proof of concept than a viable solution. Vista 64 however would fly along happily on a machine of that spec and once you get used to it is an all round better system than xp. Seems like a bargain though mate, i remember you helping me out with my first pc choice a few years back. £800 got me an athlon64, 512mb of ram a 160gb hard drive and an nvidia 6600 to power my 17" tft. Oh how times change.

Ahh ok cheers for the advice on Vista. I didn't realise XP64 was that unstable. I will stick with Vista64 instead then. Really looking forward to getting it now.

As you say Kris, it's a bargain for what it is, and suprising what you can get for your money these days.

I was going to quote the bit about graffix cards and video editing - that processor speed is key not graffics card power ...

You have made a wise choice with the PC - It will destroy the equivalent mac.

Also - another vote for vista 64 ... works a treat - no problems whatsoever.

I wouldn't change to 64 XP straight away if I were you. From what I've heard it's really buggy and crashes a lot.

Thought about Windows 7? I've been testing it a bit and it's surprisingly good for an RC. I broke it though, it BSODs every time I try and load it up now. :lol:

Good choice! Sounds like a good spec.

I've got XP 64, not had problems with it as of yet.