The New Road Bike Thread :)

Sam-Addy A3

Need new road bike. probably going to buy a lo pro tt frame and go from there.

I'm in love. New pedals and close ratio cassette on the way. 1988 Harrison lo-pro in showroom condition. 700c rear, 24" front, all Reynolds 753. NOS Dura ace and campag throughout. The nicest vintage time trial bike I have ever ridden...

3731490959_515ed2bc79_b.jpg

3732287056_f3b82ed5cf_b.jpg

back ache much? Dont tell me you went 30 miles without sitting up..

Back doesn't hurt at all. It's completely 100% comfortable. The distance between the bars and the seat makes it feel exactly the same as being on the drops on the normal bike. I was on the bull bars the whole way, so I guess I didn't really sit up.

Got my bike back on the road... (Y)

Here's a pic as she stands at the moment...

photo0144o.jpg

Need to sort out my gears really... Bodged my rear gear shifter as it was incorporated into the front brake lever which was in turn riveted into place so I just cut the lever off rather than have to buy a new shifter and so on.

In need of some new tyres though. Still might go along the new smaller wheels with larger profile tyres though...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's happened to all the road riders on here?!

Did 45 miles today, and it's awesome. Such a natural, efficient riding position. Love it!

4075819646_2c3e1946f0_b.jpg

Sorry for the black and white. It looked really strange in colour, I think it was because the light was so flat and it's a green frame agsainst a green background.

I'm happy with it though :)

I don\'t get how that can be comfortable to ride for long distances without sitting up.

I can\'t be bothered with photo shop, and the only example I can find is a track LoPro, but this shows that the riding position on one of these isn\'t really any more extreme than being on the drops on a standard bike.

lowprovsnormal.jpg

Edited by NVWOCI WVS

• 2 weeks later...

Building up a geared time trial bike now too (another LoPro). The Harrison is awesome for hacking around and into town, but I want to compete.

The new frame haas very similar Geo to the Harrison, but a larger front wheel. I'm sticking gears on it, and a single front ring. Should be an absolute flying machine when it's finished.

4116916299_d64c5097a0.jpg

Thje Zipp is going on a dura ace front hub, and the ambrosio disc wheel is going on the back. Loads of carbon fibre parts to go on it.

Rest of the photos here

I'm going to put a spoked rear wheel and a clincher on the harrison and get rid of the brake again to make it a more practical everyday bike. It should still be shit-quick (I managed to overtake the 'Suffolk Safe Cam' speed-camera van on it yesterday!).

Edited by NVWOCI WVS

So I'm the only one left in here riding road bikes?

TT bike is done. Brakes are fitted now too.

4136327926_90bb1b4962_b.jpg

Cyclo cross bike is all up and running with full ultegra groupset(needs a bit of fine tuning).

4136323242_7704e36b3d_b.jpg

Need a new rear wheel for the Harrrison, as it was using the disc with a track cog.

4136332170_b44a545494_b.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my 'stable' at the moment. All pretty much exactly how I want them (the harrison will be when I get a new rear wheel atleast!). I can't believe everyone else who posted in this thread has just lost interest or stopped riding?

Don't call them 'fixies'. And build your own for that money. Second hand track frame and forks, for £150, £80 for a wheelset and £70 for the rest. You'll end up with a pretty nice bike for that money. Much better than an 'off the peg' for the equivalent price.

So what components should I look for to build my 'fixed gear bicycle'?