Trials-blog On Twitter

siede.

Hi, i've started a Trials-blog on twitter. Nobody done this before (I think so) and its more practical for you, because I will only update with good Videos and Pictures.

I will search for this stuff in forums, vimeo, youtube and pinkbike and im gonna try to update it every day / every few days. You can contact me on twitter if you know more good "sorces" or stuff.

You can find it here trialDUMP - :huh:

I hope I won't get stoned for this... Greetings, Alexander

EDIT: I think i'll replace this one with this: http://trialdump.blogspot.com/ .... isn't as easy as twitter, but looks better ;)

Edited by siede.

Wouldn't a blog with an RSS feed be more appropriate?

... like which? I'm not a professional Blogger :unsure:

But i don't want a "overloaded" Blog and you can be sure, that all those links lead to good vid's, so there is no Necessity in having a preview.

Edited by siede.

It doesn't need to be a heavy weight blog, but it just seems that 140 characters will quickly turn into "Gr8 vid!! tinyurl.com/unuibnv"

A proper blog means you can write a bit more, even if it's just a couple of lines, and provide a link/thumbnail/preview.

Plus the fact it's on Twitter means it won't be obsolete in a year.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent concept, I just don't think Twitter is the right place to do it.

... like which? I'm not a professional Blogger :unsure:

But i don't want a "overloaded" Blog and you can be sure, that all those links lead to good vid's, so there is no Necessity in having a preview.

You don't have to be a professional blogger, all the blogsites (Typepad, blogspot, blogger) do free blogs you can set up in minutes, dead easy.

Also blogs don't have to be overly wordy either. You could have a post that said:

"Following on from his previous video, Danny MacAskill has done it again, showing off his skills in Spain. It's also the first time that we've seen his new sponsor Addidas. Watch the video here: Http://somevideolink.com"

You can then tailor the entries to be as long or as short as you like. It gives you a chance to add value though, add your thoughts and/or analysis if you wish.

Either way, it won't be obsolete in a year.

Either way, it won't be obsolete in a year.

Well I joined twitter about 2 years ago, it's just now all the celebs are on it it's grown hugely, won't be long until they all get bored and leave the actual users on there to get on with things. I think twitter is great, purely for the resources, as has been mentioned in the other thread in chit-chat.

Like Chris said, I'd definitely, 100% go down the blog route. It means that it's a lot easier for people to see what you're trying to get them to see, basically. If you look at BMX sites like http://www.thecomeupbmx.net or http://pijinbmx.blogspot.com (;)), they're popular because there's one definite place you can go to every day and easily see all the new stuff around, have conversations with other people via comments that are easy to follow, etc., and just generally archive it better.

I'll be honest - I haven't used Twitter much, so no doubt they've answered some of the problems I stated, but either way - blog it instead, and it'll do a lot better. Blogs also don't have the "Pointless inane shit updates" reputation that Twitter has for most people, so you're also less likely to alienate your target audience.

www.blogger.com seems pretty good from my experience - you can tailor your blog as tech or as simple as you want (e.g. my blog http://esczine.blogspot.com), and really show your stuff how you want it to be seen.

Ok, i can see your point.... i'm gonna chance to a other blog-system asap. THX!

EDIT: I've tried blogger.com... what do you think 'bout the design? http://trialdump.blogspot.com/

btw anybody knows how do add an background-image in html?

body {
  background:$bgcolor;
  margin:0;
  color:$textcolor;
  font:x-small Georgia Serif;
  font-size/* */:/**/small;
  font-size: /**/small;
  text-align: center;
  }

Edited by siede.

Uh... Don't? It'll look rubbish :P

:$ okay, i think its good now... thx everybody for the help, i think its much better now.

If anybody can see some minor mistakes or things wich could be better, post here.