Limey 320 7.8kg !

Joe@Onza

If trials companies would fall in line with every other part of the bike industry and start producing different size frames for different people, then all this kinda problem would be solved, really. It just makes sense to offer frames with a different reach to them. It's standard practise in BMX, and the same happens in MTB/road bikes too. Not everyone's the same height, so why would you assume that one size of frame would fit everyone?

exactly what im trying to say, but i always get some shit about these frames being perfect for natural, which isnt what some riders are after..

It's not even really about that. How can someone who's, say, 6' 3" ride the same frame as someone who's 5' 8"? It just doesn't make sense. It'd also have the added bonus of opening it up to either using it for street or for natural, but I guess the problem with that is that a lighter, weaker frame isn't going to necessarily be suitable for street even if it's longer, purely in terms of how long it'll last.

exactly what im trying to say, but i always get some shit about these frames being perfect for natural, which isnt what some riders are after..

No and its not what some frames are designed or or. Seriously its a shorter lighter frame, its not designed for street really is it? The fact you want to change is design to make it for street would kinda of tell you that!

You could ride one of these frames for street but you'd have to be smooth which lets be honest 80% of street riders aren't, they're bashers and thats why frames like these snap in their hands. Street frames need to be heavier and comparatively over built.

But yes i do agree that there should be different reach frames, like there are with a lot of stock frames, a long and a short model.

No and its not what some frames are designed or or. Seriously its a shorter lighter frame, its not designed for street really is it? The fact you want to change is design to make it for street would kinda of tell you that!

You could ride one of these frames for street but you'd have to be smooth which lets be honest 80% of street riders aren't, they're bashers and thats why frames like these snap in their hands. Street frames need to be heavier and comparatively over built.

But yes i do agree that there should be different reach frames, like there are with a lot of stock frames, a long and a short model.

but NOBODY is making them anymore? every frame is a COMP frame, because there so light and when they snap, they can just say, well it is a comp frame blah blah.

but NOBODY is making them anymore? every frame is a COMP frame, because there so light and when they snap, they can just say, well it is a comp frame blah blah.

no offence but why are you so bothered about having a 'comp' frame if all you want to do is ride street?

deng bikes have the geo your looking for

I think he's bothered that people are making frames light, saying they're comp frames and using that as an excuse when they snap.

And the fact that no-one's making 'ard frames at the moment.

If most people in the UK are street riders, and most of those are bashers, a street, basher-friendly frame would sell well.

I think he's bothered that people are making frames light, saying they're comp frames and using that as an excuse when they snap.

And the fact that no-one's making 'ard frames at the moment.

If most people in the UK are street riders, and most of those are bashers, a street, basher-friendly frame would sell well.

i have had this same disscussion a few times. 06 control is where its at ;)

Right, I have to ask this. What makes a frame 'comp' and what makes a frame 'street'? Purely on geo?

street frame is long and low, stong and stiff, not caring about the weight

comp frames are usually short and high, really thin tubing light, not made for heavy use or whatever

street frame is long and low, stong and stiff, not caring about the weight

comp frames are usually short and high, really thin tubing light, not made for heavy use or whatever

Right..... but why would you want a thin tubing frame for comp? Apart from being light, it will probably flex like f**k and affect the way you ride in a comp?

Right..... but why would you want a thin tubing frame for comp? Apart from being light, it will probably flex like f**k and affect the way you ride in a comp?

gets you through the section quicker and easyer because its lighter, i dunno i dont ride comps, all i care about is it not flexing and being strong for street.