Www.scott-wilson.co.uk

Scotty Evil1

Hey all

Havn't posted in here in a while, quit a few new bits of news from over the last few months, plus pictures from various comps demos etc.

www.scott-wilson.co.uk

Also, i have just picked up sponsorship with www.baselayer.co.uk, who have provided me with some of their linebreak products.

I was always scepticall about whether compression clothing actually worked, but trying a shirt and leggings at the moment, and it honestly does, just beat my sidehop to rear wheel (and hold it) record, first try!

Original asked for the shirt as i have real trouble with arm pump + arm cramps during comps.Then thought might aswell ask for the leggings to go with it :)

alright scott mate.. nice to hear the news that tights make you better :):P

any chance of speaking with them for my self? or is that asking too much? :(

get back to me on that one mate.. as id like to try a pair out for myself :)

good look with the new year line up of comps aswell, im sure you'l do well..

cheers, Mikey C

• 3 weeks later...

Ta for the bump :)

Well, I've said before its not great, as i have never been taught how do any web design, havn't really been able to pick up that much,and generally have no clue about web design haha :)

Its basically just a place for me to put some news and pics up.

P.s.Just had a look at a few of your pots, Is everything you type a snide remark/attempt at a witty remark/just completly unhelpfull?

P.s.Just had a look at a few of your pots, Is everything you type a snide remark/attempt at a witty remark/just completly unhelpfull?

Some are snide, most are me trying to be witty, some are completely unhelpful because they're posted because of the first two reasons.

The site is crap, it looks like something a 14 year old made back in 1998 on geocites, i'm no expert on websites, but I've been on enough of them to know what looks good and what doesn't and what are appalling. Why not just host your vids, pics and news on something like facebook or myspace etc. No one is going to go back to that site more than once, and they won't stay very long the first time.

What's the reason for the site anyway? Other than what you originally said which could be done without making a site from scratch. It's not going to convince anyone to sponsor you, and your current sponsors (I don't see you on the tartybikes riders list) aren't exactly going to get many hits from that site seeing as though the pics aren't hyper links. And some of the pics don't even work.

Edited by JT!

My comment had nothing to do about what you said about my site, as i said, i know its not great, im not going to argue with you there! lol

I ment you just seem a generally negative person when on the forum, maybe not in real life, but you come acorss that way on here.............especially when onza are involed :P

A company isnt going to sponsor me because of how good or bad my website is, they sponsor me because of my results, what comps / demos i do, having a website is just a bonus to them.

Im not on the tarty website because im not a tartybikes team rider, im an onza team rider, tarty just help me out every now and again if i need a few parts etc

It's not going to convince anyone to sponsor you, and your current sponsors (I don't see you on the tartybikes riders list)

Are you actually trying to say Scott is a "wannabe" Tarty rider? ha ha.

Do you want him to take the site down? Go on a course, work tirelessly on a new fabulous website?

Site is fine for what it is Scott, Which is actually a glorified blog.

Nah it was more of a question regarding the tartybikes thing.

As for the Onza comment, i'm not the biggest onza fan at the moment, but that's for another thread.

If you put a website up here, people are going to criticize it, espcially compared to the standards of some websites that're on here.

I'm out.

As for the Onza comment, i'm not the biggest onza fan at the moment, but that's for another thread.

If you put a website up here, people are going to criticize it, espcially compared to the standards of some websites that're on here.

I'm out.

This website is pretty good compared to some others I have seen(not naming any) but as Scott said he only really wants it for pictures and news. :)

I'm out.

There is nothing wrong with it easy to use got some good photos and links to sponsors what more do you need?.

Also YOUR the only one complaining and criticizing it.

By the way Scott do you have a new video on the way?

Edited by LordMersey

There is nothing wrong with it easy to use got some good photos and links to sponsors what more do you need?.

Also YOUR the only one complaining and criticizing it.

By the way Scott do you have a new video on the way?

Cheers dude (Y)

Not at the moment no, starting making one at the beginning of the week, but really not happy with it, so going to leave it for a bit

A couple of pieces of advice -

Don't use comic sans. Try using arial for the whole site

Try aligning it to the middle of the page -

<div align='center'>
If you put that directly after the opening body tag, and a closing div tag
</div>

directly before the closing body tag, it should align it to centre.

You ought to change where it says 'New Page 5' in the title tag as well, just put www.scot-wilson.co.uk in there, it'll do the trick!

Finally, try listing your sponsors with words rather than images, although I think aligned centre might improve it enough.

Colour-wise, you could pick better ones, but it works.

I've seen much worse websites. Yours certainly gets its point across though.

I'd personally not use frames, but use separate pages completely, but each to their own.

(Y)

Cheers for the advice mate (Y)

Been trying to get that 'new page 5' sorted for ages, bloody thing!

Its near the end of the year, and ive had that design for a while now, so was planning to give it a bit of a re vamp anyway, once the rest of the 09 news is up.

Going to get it a bit more simple and Blog like i think.

Cheers more the comments and info people :)

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Few Bits of news added. Mostly about the last few demos I've done-The Cycle show, Blenheim bike fest and the Final round of the British motorcycle trials championship.

Going to have a re-think of the site when the years over, and all my comps/demos are done for abit, so any ideas, would be cool to hear :)

Cheers

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
Sweet (Y) if you are going to change your website i would recomend going with the flo and do it blog style with a few bits and bobs. Also do you know if you will ever be doing some demos in the Dorset area?

My speedy reply here haha

Just starting to change it now, pretty much making it look like a blog atm,think im going to keep it all simple and low key this time.

Havnt got any plans for demos in the dorset area at the mo, but never know what will happen next year, hopefully i will do :)

Cheers

Scott

• 6 months later...

I have to agree that the site isn't fantastic but its does its job, but your no web designer your a good trials rider instead!

like the site and content too.

Have you ever heard of wordpress? they give a source for a CMS blog style, or you could just design something like:

bikewebsite.jpg

Very simple html and basic stuff. :) (granted its not brilliant but I just cobble it up in paint)

That lil one you made is well good for a 5 min job!

Cheers, took me a little longer than 5 mins lol, and its what I wanted to do when I left school so many years ago, anyway if you want to use that design or need help in doing it just give us a shout.

(also anyone wanting a website design or code done very cheap.. message me :P)

www.scott-wilson.co.uk

Batch of news updates added. From the last month or so.

Gradually re designing the site, but as with everything i do, its taking its time! :P

Hey Scott after taking the Ice of your hands last summer I must say I am very pleased with it! A few adjustments have been made but now its riding like a dream. :D I keep returning to your website for any "For Sale" updates but there hasnt been any for a while. Will there be any soon? Mainly looking for 26" parts. (Y)

Many Thanks