Mtb Pics Thread

haydon_peter

I know there are a few people on here that are into their Mountain Biking (XC/DH/Freeride etc... anything thats off road and isnt trials) so I have decided to start this thread.

Here is my 2008 Commencal Meta 5.5 XT. This bike has given me loads of smiles all over the UK and also in the Alps, it has taken everything I have thrown at it although admittedly in Les Arcs there were times when I was wishing I had been on a slightly longer travel bike with slacker angles :P

post-223-1252084432_thumb.jpg post-223-1252084466_thumb.jpg

These are a few pictures of the mistress. my lovelly orange MsIsle built to ride trails and a bit of everything. Sorry for the poor pictures.

Fox vanilla forks

Easton cnt carbon dh bars

thomson stem and seat post

Chris king iso hubs in pewter on mavic 721s

sram x9 shifetr and mech

fancy ass red sram cassete

ti nitride kmc chain

custom shimano saint cranks

carbon MRP chain device

Avid juicy 7s

post-11172-1252086834_thumb.jpgpost-11172-1252086865_thumb.jpg

post-11172-1252086883_thumb.jpg

My Cube Reaction K18:

Fork: Fox F100RL Remote 100mm, Remote-Lockout

Headset: FSA Orbit Z semi-integriert

Stem: Syntace F139

Handlebar: Syntace Duraflite 2014

Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT Shadow

Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT

Shifters: Shimano Deore XT Rapidfire-Plus 9-speed

Brakes : Formula Oro K18 hydr. disc (180/160mm)

Crank: Shimano Deore XT Hollowtech II, 44x32x22Z., 175mm, Press-Fit Innenlager

Cassette: Shimano HG50 11-32Z., 9-speed

Chain: Shimano HG53

Rims: Sunringle Ryde XMB

Hubs: Sunringle

Tyres: Schwalbe VR: Rocket Ron Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25/HR: Racing Ralph Kevlar TC. 2.25

Pedals: Shimano M520

Saddle: Fi'zi:k Tundra MG

Seat Post: RFR Prolight 31.6mm Setback

143.jpg

Edited by Jake Beach

• 2 weeks later...

Ah my friend used to have an old ac team, was so much fun, also love those metas, guy i know has one that i used to ride to the shops, one of those bikes that just seems to want to be pedaled fast. Here are my two, i ended up with 2 as the glory came up really cheap on ebay and was too good to miss, i'm not sure which to sell though. Haven't got any pictures that are just bike, so this is the Giant Glory

iaindeuxalpes.jpg

And this is the Ancillotti Tomasso DHP

ancillotti.jpg

alpes126.jpg

One chuffed muvafuka^

Just got back from the Alpes on me Revel, cant wait to go again next year. Had this bike for 5 years and its been fun for pretty much everything ive ridden on it.

Revel 450R

Marzocchi Z1 dropoffs

Atomlab wheels

Maxxis highroller single plys 2.5 fr 2.35 re

24/7 crankset

Hope M4s

Really wide bars

Revel stem, seatclamp

Looking to swap for something with a bit more travel for next year, think Ive put my back out in the mountains sitting down hard after overcooking a stepdown :(

Wanted to have a blast at dual slalom again so got this old skool monster,bought it off here a little while ago,

...........basicaly kept frame,forks and front wheel,seat....although seats being replaced very soon because it's crap ha!

.Saracen x-tort

.Marazzochi bombers(not sure what they are)

.Brand new rear halo combat wheel

.Azonic dw bars

.Awaiting azonic world force shorty stem

.Hope minis

.Truvative dirt jump ISIS drive crankset/38t chainring

.Single speed kit 16t

.Old 105 short cage rear mech lol(to aid tension)

.Continental diesel 2.5 rear tyre/maxxis 2.35 front

.Shit pedals ...till i get my white dmr v8's

.Awaiting new white mrp rollers for chain device,white azonic grips

Be nice to hear people say these frames are ok for dirt... (Y)lol ....it's not complete in these pics,i'll add more decent ones when it's finished,looking forwards to tryin to snap it so i can buy an identiti Jekyl :D

post-22626-1253046429.jpg

post-22626-1253046599_thumb.jpg

My (dare I say it) Carrera. Don't mock them till you've tried riding a well set up one though, they're actually very nice out on the trails. :P

7729_134453644854_514709854_2345525_5495

7729_134453649854_514709854_2345526_4883

Managed to send my rear mech through the spokes last Thursday though, which was a bit of a bugger. Wheels sorted now, 2 spokes and a bit of a tweak later, and I'm waiting for an XT shadow rear mech and a matching XT shifter to arrive along with a new hanger.

Oh yeah, the spec has nothing to do with the carrera full builds, it just worked out cheeper than pretty much any other frame out the to buy the whole bike and sell the parts, all the parts are a random selection I've built up over the last 2 years on my old frame. Only things on my wish list now are: a lighter rear wheel and front rim (anyone want a Ringle Abbah SOS on D321, 36h with black DB'd DT's) some slightly more heat resistant breaks, and an oversized Easton bar and stem.