Mtb Pics Thread

haydon_peter

My Commencal has gone through a lot since I bought it in 2008 so this winter I gave it some much needed TLC!

I treated it to:

Enduro bearings on all rear suspension pivots

TFTuned Rear Shock

New Cassette, Chain and e13 Chainring

Superstar Plasma Chain Guide

Full Gear Outer

Thomson Seatpost

Hope QR Seat Clamp

Wellgo MG1 Pedals

Sealed FSA Headset

New Tyres

I'm still really enjoying this bike, it's just so much fun :)

post-223-0-59558700-1304809353_thumb.jpg

Anybody interested in a Ragley MMMbop frame (Blue 18"), the one I posted on the previous page? Got it late last year, barely any scratches on it. Can come with a Thompson seat post and will come with an FSA orbit R reducer headset. Beautiful hardcore hardtail, seriously strong. Can take up to 160mm forks.

Probably looking at £120 for the lot (Thompson post is brand new basicly) so bargain! Only looking to change as back problems may possibly be making me require a full susser! :(

Edit: not the hardtail giving me problems it seems. She stays :D

Edited by trialsmax04

Decided to start riding to work and back every other day. Petrol prices are insane and the journey is smashing the milage up on my car a treat.

Rode in and back yesterday. I'm lucky enough to be able to link in some sections of the Skyline singletrack both ways.

Here's a rough Google Earth Path of the route and the elevation profile. How accurate it is I'm not sure but it gives me a good idea.

ridetowork.jpg

(not including singletrack sections)

Distance: 21.9kilometres (13.7 miles one way)

Max elevation: 597metres

Average elevation: 354metres

Basically, I have to ride over a Mountain.

Also decided to enter the Afan round of the Gravity Enduro in September so this should get me fit for that. Anyone else entering any of the other rounds? or even the Afan one? or even done a similar kind of event?

Edited by Mr_scott

My normal bike :)

Ignore the crap photos, taken with my phone in pretty crap light!

09052011533.JPG

09052011534.JPG

The top roller on my mrp just disintegrated, going to find another one, also need to reseal the forks but other than that its pretty spot on and does exactly what I want it to :)

• 2 weeks later...
Now loads of people that like having the latest shiny bike gear are manning up and ditching their granny rings :P

Either these people have legs of steel, or they don't ride the same hills I do. No way could I cope with 1x10.

That's the same frame as i've got :)

189183_10150193172312985_509512984_8617387_4704721_n.jpg

I've just dropped my 36's by 20mm as the front end was just wheely happy when going up any sort of incline. Awesomely fun bike, my ass is not appreciating the bruises it's getting compared to the soft ride it had on my previous full sus bikes!

Just finished building my commencal 55. Used my brakes, wheels and a few other bits from my marin.

photo4flb.jpg

photo6rk.jpg

If anyones interested in a marin hardtail with Pike 454 coils, new BB, seatpost, stem and bars......

This thread was started when we didn't have the bike chat sub forum, now we have a specific forum feel free to start up separate threads with builds and photos rather than putting it all in just the one.

I will do my best to go through and split up this topic into individual threads so people can continue to comment on your bikes, so if you can't find your post in here, try looking for a new thread :)