Mtb Pics Thread

haydon_peter

Just the thumb shifter, not the mech too... I ride some shore so an x.0 mech would be crazy :P I run an x.9 rear mech.

I love the fury. Best dh bike i've ever seen. I take it you have some suitable trails out there to thrash it about on?

Thanks! :)

Yeah, got some nice short DH runs just a few minutes from my doorstep. Also I`ve got Hafjell within an hour`s drive. :D

• 1 month later...

My Dmr Sidekick,

The picture show's random sticker's and large stem on it which I have since updated to an Atomlab stem and I'v taken all the unnecessary sticker's off.

I will probably put hard tail fork's on it soon for local Trails such as Cannock Chase.

Edited by Mission Prodigy Trials.

My Kona,

i want to change the saddle, as its rock hard after a few hours riding, and the brakes are shocking, so iv got rid of them.

Can anyone recomend a good set of lights for riding along the trails at night???? budget is around £100

02072008352.jpg

02072008354.jpg

02072008365.jpg

a bad pic, but the only one i got of a GT DH bike

oj.jpg

GT Avalanche, great budget bike

slammedsaxo021.jpg

I'm currently not able to ride so getting frustrated as I just bought this about 2 months before killing my shoulder again. Still haven't got the cranks and chainguide i have on there (middleburn cranks, e.thirteen LG1+ guide).

commy%20low%2020090807.jpg

This is my jump/4X bike

websmall1.jpg

And the Scott that I sold to buy the commy, saw two trips to the alps and a couple of urban DH events too, was just not getting used enough to justify keeping that and an xc bike.

DSCF3607.JPG

A couple of pics and vids of the commy in action with Ticcy and Chris at Swinley are in the link below.

http://www.andrewhill101.co.uk/pics/bikepi...g/swinley%2009/

I did have a lovely GT chucker hardtail until some b*****d robbed it tuesday night! Had society xeno forks, halo tornado wheels, dmr moto rt tires, truvativ cranks, V8 pedals, shimano M555 deore rear disc, truvativ bar & stem. Had it set up as a street shreadder really gunna miss that bike.

GUYS,

My Giant Trance X, my beloved All Mountain Bike. Would be lost without this as every weekend its get a run.

Giant X Frame

Rock Shox Pike 'U' turn coils (95mm-140mm)

X9 Gearing

Hope Mini M4's

XT chainset with FSA bash and Truvativ chain device

Hope Pro 2's on Mavic XC717's, DT swiss Competition spokes

Thomson Post

SBC Phenom saddle

Easton EA70 bars

Truvativ Team Stem

Also, my Marin Nothside Trail setup for bit of dirt jumping and street work. The spec was basic when I bought it but I changed most parts and it rode really nice. I have just recently sold it though as I didnt use it all that much.

Tora's, X9, Avid Juicy 5's, Shimano Hollowtech chainset.....

REGARDS

CALLUM

post-17119-1259479770_thumb.jpg

post-17119-1259479779_thumb.jpg

post-17119-1259479787_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3001978

I'm currently not able to ride so getting frustrated as I just bought this about 2 months before killing my shoulder again. Still haven't got the cranks and chainguide i have on there (middleburn cranks, e.thirteen LG1+ guide).

commy%20low%2020090807.jpg

This is my jump/4X bike

websmall1.jpg

And the Scott that I sold to buy the commy, saw two trips to the alps and a couple of urban DH events too, was just not getting used enough to justify keeping that and an xc bike.

DSCF3607.JPG

A couple of pics and vids of the commy in action with Ticcy and Chris at Swinley are in the link below.

http://www.andrewhill101.co.uk/pics/bikepi...g/swinley%2009/

I'm getting one of them commencal's this wk. Great offer on them atm.

Nick, no way is the nukeproof stuff bad! It's awesome quality. I've had these wheels on 3 bikes now and they've never skipped a beat. The da bomb rims are also awesome, i really cannot fault the stuff!

The hucker is 99% built! Obv need headset spacers, and a front mech, but other than that, it's rideable and it's LISH, just had a quick razz on it down my street and it rides sooo nice. Think i might need a slightly heavier spring in the forks but they're good for the min...

The wheels from my commy going on this, mean i've got some lairy new wheels for it, nukeproof on mtx29s in yellow with black spokes, 12mm through axle on the rear now too, look mint! Inc some der kaisers for it, taking them home tomorrow, which will be naace.

I (L) cycle to work.

post-10541-1259717653_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fixed Pants™

My new steed/project. Bought off ebay for £20... no pictures, just 'racing bike, good if you like doing up bikes..'

post-2-1259758624_thumb.jpg

Stripped all the components off it now, and stripped the paint off the forks (revealing the lovely original metallic ivory kind of colour), so just the frame to go.

Its going to be a beast. All the components are branded, some italian names I've never heard of, mavic, shimano, lots of 'made in italy/france' stamps, so I'm guessing/hoping that back in the day it was a quality bike (or were all bikes like this from this era?)... prizes if you can tell me what make it is/how old its likely to be.

Suggestions welcome on how to go about restoring it too. I've already planned to paint it back in its original color (metallic off white) and put all the components it came with back on (bar the headset, which is rusty and beyong repair, and the saddle which is uncomfy as ****, plus new cables etc). I'm thinking white outer cables, black saddle + grips?

I'll get pics of my 'get to work' bike and my cheapo still-in-progress DH bike up later.

My new steed/project. Bought off ebay for £20... no pictures, just 'racing bike, good if you like doing up bikes..'

post-2-1259758624_thumb.jpg

Stripped all the components off it now, and stripped the paint off the forks (revealing the lovely original metallic ivory kind of colour), so just the frame to go.

Its going to be a beast. All the components are branded, some italian names I've never heard of, mavic, shimano, lots of 'made in italy/france' stamps, so I'm guessing/hoping that back in the day it was a quality bike (or were all bikes like this from this era?)... prizes if you can tell me what make it is/how old its likely to be.

Suggestions welcome on how to go about restoring it too. I've already planned to paint it back in its original color (metallic off white) and put all the components it came with back on (bar the headset, which is rusty and beyong repair, and the saddle which is uncomfy as ****, plus new cables etc). I'm thinking white outer cables, black saddle + grips?

I'll get pics of my 'get to work' bike and my cheapo still-in-progress DH bike up later.

That saddles porbably worth more than the rest of the bike!

If its what i think it is.

That saddles porbably worth more than the rest of the bike!

If its what i think it is.

Its a san marco rolls... bit battered, scuffed. Is that the one? The metal bit at the back is gold..

edit: just checked out the bars, cinelli criteriums, going for £20+ on ebay :D but I'm not selling it, going to bring it back to its former glory

Its a san marco rolls... bit battered, scuffed. Is that the one? The metal bit at the back is gold..

edit: just checked out the bars, cinelli criteriums, going for £20+ on ebay :D but I'm not selling it, going to bring it back to its former glory

Yerp those saddles are about £40.

It will be very pretty when your done.

If you ever want to sell it ;)