The Dark Lord Rides! (antitron 4)

sayshell

have you even read any comments people have left? telling you to change your CLOTHES, atleast commenting about the bike is in the same category as riding.

im not gonna lie I dont tally the amount of good/bad comments I just go off memory and I probably suck and am biased towards the trials community because they help me out with advice on a lot of posts. It seems like people talk about incorperating trials moves, going higher, and riding more diverse terrian, and what not here. I can remember their being quite a few comments on that. Where as on the come up i dont think anyone discussed anything about the riding at all, all they talked about was how gay i look and how gay my bike looks.

Edited by sayshell

Please do some trials though... What you do is really pretty sweet but without linking it with trials you're always going to get the 'get a BMX' comments and for the most part they're right. You've spent hundreds of dollars on making a silly light trials bike that you never use for trials in any shape or form. I'd also liked to have seen a vid on your Inspired!

Sorry to go back to the argument, but for the first time ever i'm gonna agree with Mat (aside from the "go f**king die" comment) he's actually put up a really valid argument. You're just jumping on the TGSorz backs for next to no reason, and the very, VERY small reasoning I could see was pretty shit, Jardo. Take a step back and chill, really didn't need saying (and even more so didn't need to descend into name calling and generally acting like you're 12)...

Alas, I digress...

I think it'd be awesome to see some trials moves linked into the next vid dude, haven't seen one trials specific move from you yet! I think you'd be pretty good at it too. Give it a go and get creative! I can't pass judgement on the music side of things (going by the comments it's just screeching so i muted it and had Groove Armada over the top instead :P gave it a whooole different, fun feel ) I appreciate that that's what you're into and everything, but if you find something slightly more toned down that'll actually GO with your style it'll make for a sweet video. You aren't a super agressive smash-the-shit-out-of-everything basher so a slightly more chilled, smoother track would really lend itself to your smooth, fairly flow-y style.

Edited by Skoze

Just so that i dont seem like one of the noobs, i mean no offence by what i said. I'm not one to say 'get a bmx' or anything, but i just felt that, your posting a video of you on a trials bike, on a trials forum and there were no gaps, sidehops, ups or anything trialsy at all. The riding was good, hell, i wish i could do that riding... Just think the next video ought to contain some trials stuff ASWELL AS. But seriously, personally, id loose the wings, id feel bit of a numpty going around with them attatched.

Well, I enjoy what you're upto although I did feel it to be a tad repetitive.

The fashion victims judging somebody elses way of experiencing fun is still amusing although a bit frustrating. Surely it makes the most sense to ride the way we enjoy, whatever that way is? You'd hope that would be everyones motivation yet I suspect it isn't.

To me, these days, trials is just a word that expresses a community of people that ride a certain type of bike. "Community" being the most important word there. It's the reason that despite the fact I'm now riding bmx, I will still be riding with people on trials bikes. Really it's the people in this community that I dig the most. Within that community I like to think that I'd appreciate however somebody enjoys their riding.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

Haha. Not much left to say...did struggle to see the trials element, sorry.

Its an endless cycle.... I never do any trials moves because no one will make me a hybrid bike, and no one will make me a hybrid bike because I don't do any trials moves. The hybrid I require is just a few really small modifications that will make a bike compatible for both. I could go into specific details of why it wont work for both, but the way the frame is built it has to be either pure trials, or pure street set up. Ill give you one example. My frame doesn't take a bash plate and I run bmx cranks and you can't get a 22t bash sproket the smallest is 23t which will ruin my chain tension. Their are several things like that.

Edited by sayshell

Just so that i dont seem like one of the noobs, i mean no offence by what i said. I'm not one to say 'get a bmx' or anything, but i just felt that, your posting a video of you on a trials bike, on a trials forum and there were no gaps, sidehops, ups or anything trialsy at all. The riding was good, hell, i wish i could do that riding... Just think the next video ought to contain some trials stuff ASWELL AS. But seriously, personally, id loose the wings, id feel bit of a numpty going around with them attatched.

Thats You,

Not him,

Why cant anyone see that?

Oh I'm sorry were all robots and must ride the same.

Only personality we can portray is what is written in our signatures.

Sorry to go back to the argument, but for the first time ever i'm gonna agree with Mat (aside from the "go f**king die" comment) he's actually put up a really valid argument. You're just jumping on the TGSorz backs for next to no reason, and the very, VERY small reasoning I could see was pretty shit, Jardo. Take a step back and chill, really didn't need saying (and even more so didn't need to descend into name calling and generally acting like you're 12)...

I wasn't even jumping on a "band wagon", I was simply saying that we have the distinct divide between TGS riders and other "normal" riders over here and that he might be the canadian equivalent of that divide.

It's hardly anything worth all the agro and shit he's brought up over it, and he hasn't bought up any valid argument because he's trying to argue with me over the stereotype of TGS riders (which I don't give a f**k about) and I'm arguing with him over what was meant by my comment. It's two arguments that have nothing to do with each other apart from the words TGS and SLEGGZ....

So, its not about the riding anymore? its about the clothes, music + lifestyle?

why the f**k do you care, aslong as hes not doing 50 sidehops in 1 video, its NOTHING to do with you, go f**king die, you narrowminded willy.

I'm on Mat's side.

Can't be bothered any more, there was a time when I'd sit here and argue to the death but I really can't be bothered.

The sooner you realize being a keyboard warrior is a shit existence the better.

You keep saying you can't be bothered... yet you continue.

Mindless insults, yeh that's f**king cool guys! That kinda shit is for MSN. Seriously the pair of you grow up, you're both acting like dickheads now.

Probably just fallen out with you both, but seriously...

Pretty contradictory comment there.

I fail to see what you are trying to point out Pashley26.

You are basically saying that it's about the lifestyle and clothes you wear.

Edited by hdmackay

I fail to see what you are trying to point out Pashley26.

You are basically saying that it's about the lifestyle and clothes you wear.

NO IM f**kING NOT !!!!

I never said anything about lifestyle or clothes, did I ?

I simply said that we have a divide between the riders over here, and he could well be the Canadian equivelent of our own divide.

I never said he rides TGS, I never said people who ride TGS are c**ts, I never said ANYTHING bad about TGS so fuck off !

Edited by Krisboats
Dodging the swear filter is bad.... mmmmkay?

fook wha everyone else thinks dude...if YOU like the music, the clothes, the hair, and your style of riding then thats all that matters.

If it was me i would not give a flyin fook....Its mostly kiddies on here anyway :giggle:

I dont ever see anyone tellin danny mac to get a bmx either, you mix it up how you like and on what you like.. (Y)

fook wha everyone else thinks dude...if YOU like the music, the clothes, the hair, and your style of riding then thats all that matters.

If it was me i would not give a flyin fook....Its mostly kiddies on here anyway :giggle:

I dont ever see anyone tellin danny mac to get a bmx either, you mix it up how you like and on what you like.. (Y)

+1

I don't care about the way you dress, thats you.

I don't care what music you listen to, thats you.

You seem to have some love for yourself there, with all that footage of headbanging and at the start where you were trying to fondle mother natures breasts. Not a fan of that.

Your a decent rider, like others have said though get some variation in there. Dosn't have to be trials, just less spins. Thats what I'd like to see, what you want to do though, is another thing.

Thats You,

Not him,

Why cant anyone see that?

Oh I'm sorry were all robots and must ride the same.

Only personality we can portray is what is written in our signatures.

I know, thats why i said I'D feel bit of a numpty. At the end of the day, it is upto him, and i already said i meant no offence what-so-ever. I was just mearly making a suggestion. The truth is he probably wont listen to me and mabye even hasnt bothered to read my comment. But it's a forum for an open discussion, where your expected to say your opinion. Otherwise what's the point in a forum?

Like i said, i meant no offence to the lad and i already said the riding was good. I just think he should try and incorporate more trials moves into his next video if he plans to post a video of him on a TRIALS bike on TRIALS Forum. But it if he decides not to, hey ho, so what.

EDIT: And im not sure if the signature bit was a dig at me? But even so, your right... my signature lists my 'projects', they are a big part of my life, i love cars and bikes. So yea, your right there :)

Edited by ::CH!P::

Can't be bothered any more, there was a time when I'd sit here and argue to the death but I really can't be bothered.

The sooner you realize being a keyboard warrior is a shit existence the better.

thats so legit being a keyboard warrior such a good one bro awesome you cant beat that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO IM f**kING NOT !!!!

I never said anything about lifestyle or clothes, did I ?

I simply said that we have a divide between the riders over here, and he could well be the Canadian equivelent of our own divide.

I never said he rides TGS, I never said people who ride TGS are cunts, I never said ANYTHING bad about TGS so fuck off !

Your a right wee cheeky keyboard warrior aren't you.

Ill give you one example. My frame doesn't take a bash plate and I run bmx cranks and you can't get a 22t bash sproket the smallest is 23t which will ruin my chain tension. Their are several things like that.

Get a set of Middleburns on the go then, dude (Y)

22T with bash, bueno.

How can you not do trials moves on that? It's a trials bike. :P

Why do you run BMX cranks anyway?

Well you can do trials moves but you have to change the set up which is a big pain. For example I run my rear wheel slammed all the way in the drop outs. If I don't it messes up my manuels and the wheel shifts all the time when I 180. The magura mounts on the frame are designed though to be positioned with the hub in the middle of the drop outs, resulting in my slanting my slave cylinders upwards a lot reducing power dramatically.

Bmx cranks are the same geo as trials cranks (165mm) and the same weight but they seem more reliable. I have had a bad experience with isis drive. I talked to adam at tarty and he says the only cranks comparable in strength are the sfkbb/echo forged which weigh more than profiles.

I know, thats why i said I'D feel bit of a numpty. At the end of the day, it is upto him, and i already said i meant no offence what-so-ever. I was just mearly making a suggestion. The truth is he probably wont listen to me and mabye even hasnt bothered to read my comment. But it's a forum for an open discussion, where your expected to say your opinion. Otherwise what's the point in a forum?

Like i said, i meant no offence to the lad and i already said the riding was good. I just think he should try and incorporate more trials moves into his next video if he plans to post a video of him on a TRIALS bike on TRIALS Forum. But it if he decides not to, hey ho, so what.

EDIT: And im not sure if the signature bit was a dig at me? But even so, your right... my signature lists my 'projects', they are a big part of my life, i love cars and bikes. So yea, your right there :)

I read everything hahaha. If it seems like a question I will reply to it.

i'm pretty sure marino could make the frame that you want. or any other custom builder ..

I talked to him, he said it will weigh like 6lbs and its made of cheap steel. I don't mind paying a lot as long as its what I want.

Edited by sayshell

Then get a inspired, its great for spins and bunnyhops, and it allows you to ride trials. If you could get some trials moves in your style, you would be one bad ass mother f**ker..

However, if you plan to ride only street, the bike you're riding at the moment is pointless, its holding you down.. Imagine what you could do if you had the right bike for street riding. Think about it, it may seem hard to adjust to a new geometry, but it will be well worth it.