Help!

joshlyd1

ok my brake has hardly any hold for me to be confident to do anything

how would i get it better ??

at the moment i have a fresh bleed , rock blues ( week or 2 old ) , Medium grind on echo rim ( week or 2 old ) , And a tad of tar ,RB brake booster

Is there anythink i can do to make it bite and hold better

thanks

Josh

Rock blues are awesome, get all the tar off. then sand the pads just slightly and what ive done before is cut little knotches in the opposite direction to the grind in my pads, worked really well.

If there still getting stuck there either not set up properly/ near enough to the rim or maybe contaminated bits.

p.s you can get the tar off by giving it a new grind or just biding your time and sanding/ cutting lumps off.

Edited by Mr Bob

Come to think about it my brake blew up last weekend so some of the fluid might have got on my grind

Oh i get it now thanks

im going to have a big clean up with eveery thing in a bit once im out of bed so i will see how it helps

thanks guys

Edited by joshlyd1

Alright ladies

i didnt sand my pads i just poured hot kettle water on it and now its A-LOT better and dosent slip as much

:D

I think it was contaminated but still

if i sanded the pads would this improve the brake further more or wreck it ???

Thanks

josh you wernt slipping you were saying today that you were still slipping up solihull and owen couldnt see what was wrong. theres nothing wrong i dont think. get some new pads it might work. get the same pads as the front because you said they were good. you riding tomoro ??

Edited by Birmingham Trials Rider

Can give you 3 reasons:

1. It's a shit grind

2. You put tar on a shit grind

3. Your frame is stiff as it is, the booster is making it worse. I promise you! Had the same exact problem with my 06 zoo.

its a sick grind tartybikes did it for him and i dont think the booster is doing much for hime eather.