Art

DrDoom

I could make some dirty comment there about what I'd be willing to give you for it but I'll refrain!! How big is it out of interest?

It's only a4, I've got none of my sketchbooks or pencils up here at Dannys and so any work I'm doing is on copying paper and done in a liquid pen. Probably going to town tomorrow to try and pick up a new sketchbook so I'll have some bigger ones done soon (:

Wow Hannah those look pretty damn sweet. Got any more like them?

They're the only two I've got access to here - the pictures have been taken directly off my facebook, back at home I've got a room full of things like that. I can't throw away any school books either, since all the pages are filled with things like that. When I get back the little of the art coursework I did in school I'll attempt to scan those in aswell, although they're mainly copies of Lichtenstein's work as he was my main focal artist for the second year of GCSE art.

Oh, I'm in the middle of another doodle right now...

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith

Took me about 3 hours this one did:

10724_147857711136_568416136_2593091_623

You did that in 3 hours?!

Not being funny, but that's pretty sick! If that was bled out on the edges and not cropped (yes i realise its A4, but to expand on it or something), it'd be pretty damn special.

I'm proper shit at art. :(

Not really art as such.....

Ages ago I used to make 3d model replacements for counterstrike, modelled this in 3dsm4 and skinned in ps7 :)

final.jpg

And one of the UVW maps.

map1.jpg

Compiled it onto some animations and quite a few people in the modding community used it.

Forteh they look really good, how long did they take you to make? I have dabbled in 3D but never really picked it up.

Spent ages on it, on and off over about 3 months, I was never a very fast modeller or skinner though.

The trick with game modelling at the time (not so much with recent technology like parallax, bump and light mapping) was to optimise polygon usage in order to minimise FPS cost, you concentrate more polygons towards the back of the weapon (the part that gets seen most in game) to give the illusion of more detail. Most of the details on that model are skinned on, Ill see if I can dig out a flat render without the skin to demonstrate :)

You did that in 3 hours?!

Not being funny, but that's pretty sick! If that was bled out on the edges and not cropped (yes i realise its A4, but to expand on it or something), it'd be pretty damn special.

I'm proper shit at art. :(

3 hours and several cups of coffee ;D

It's not cropped, it just goes right up to the edge, I realise now I should have just done the surrounding of the main doodle a wee bit smaller and not let it touch the edges, but it's too late now!

Love you Jamieeeeeeeeeeee (:

I'm a doodler, myself...

Took me about 3 hours this one did:

10724_147857711136_568416136_2593091_623

This one took two days on and off, consists of 4 sheets of a4 scanned in and poorly pieced together on paint :lol: :

6129_122072416136_568416136_2266179_5256

That is f**king Awesome, I used to do doodles like that when I was young, you can loose hours doing that.

My favourite detailed landscape..

cotopaxi.jpg

That is amzing also.

Well for my efforts:

gsxtank.th.jpg

tankforcustomprecisionc.jpg

tankforcustomprecisionc.jpg

As awful as i am at art, when i'm free at college tomorrow, i'm going to sit down and actually try to draw something, specifically for this thread :D Though it may turn out to be a doodle thats of a lesser standard than Hannah's. Btw Hannah why isn't Danny my friend anymore? lol :S

Say whaaa?

I'll hopefully have some art posted on here tomorrow, sadly, still done with copying paper and a pen...

he doesn't speak to me when i try talk to him and stuff? think i did something wrong but i dunno what lol.

And on a gay note, i did an awsome picture, then some tit at college dropped Dr. Pepper on it. so yeah (N) that sucks. I'll start another tuesday though.