Because Forks?

aener

Any idea what they're like?

Not heard anything about them.

Don't know whether to try them, or get Urbans again. Echo forks always seem to be kinda flexy, so I'd like to get away from them.

Also - would TrialTech Sports be worth the extra cash? I can afford them - but I'd rather not spend all that if I don't have to.

Cheers (Y)

The Trialtechs would be stiffer than the Echos. The Trialtechs really are worth the extra - Dave put a fair bit of time into making them spot on, there aren't any forks with those kinds of features on (the steerer, for example, is Dave's own design). Another way to look at it I guess is that if you'd bought Trialtechs in the first place, you'd still be running them now, whereas you bought the Echos and are now buying a new set :P

Another way to look at it I guess is that if you'd bought Trialtechs in the first place, you'd still be running them now, whereas you bought the Echos and are now buying a new set :P

This is the main idea behind getting them. Was seriously considering it - just if there was a bunch of people said they'd snapped 'em - I'd think again.

Looking like TT's at the minute - but I won't get 'em just yet.

Everybody shout out please.

I think out of the many pairs of Sport forks we've sold, we've had one back, and that was a bit of a one-off (literally, haha). They're good, strong forks. I don't wanna sound too much like a salesman here or anything, but Dave really did look at where most 'normal' forks broke and tried to reinforce those areas, hence stuff like beefy disc mounts, different steerer setup, etc.

I was a bit hesitant to buy Trialtechs when I was going through a fork munching phase, but after breaking about 8 or 9 pairs of forks in a year I thought I'd give them a try. A seriously worthy investment, mine have lasted over 4 times longer than any recent Deng fork I've used.

Atomz forks - they came out first and are almost identical ;)

Key word right there... There was a slight oversight with the Atomz steerer that was identified and improved upon.

Back on topic - the Because forks seem pretty good, on a par with the Echo forks in terms of construction, but a little less well finished (welds not ground away at the dropouts) and a little lighter.

If you want a set of forks that will last ages though, read Matt's post above (Y) We've only had two warranty claims on Trialtech forks so far, one was Matt's where a teeeennyy hairline crack developed on the cable guide 1 day inside the one year warranty (the forks were replaced and the cable guide has been removed for the current batch), the other was a set of 4-Bolt forks from Rob Cook (who breaks EVERYTHING! Haha :P I can recall countless Echo forks, 3 or 4 frames, 2 or 3 ENOs, etc etc) which cracked in the 'usual' place for 4 Bolt forks and again were replaced. Ben Slinger has had a set now for around 6 months after destroying his ZOO forks in a week (!).